This is the worst possible news for an organization that was just possibly starting to make some kind of a break through in the sports market in the city.

What troubles me most, just based on what has been reported, is how the organization handled this. It seems to me, that if it had been handled better from the outset, a lot of this could have been avoided. It just confirms to me that it doesn't matter what any organization prints or publishes as its "values", unless its employees, and more importantly supervisors and managers, are willing to act and do the right thing. There is an old saying that says "there is no right way to do the wrong thing".

On the issue of the wrongful dismissal suit... this employee was on a contract. If I understand the complaint, her contract was not renewed. This happens in the sports industry, and I guess it would depend if the general practise is that contracts are renewed at the end of each year as a matter of course, but hers wasn't. I am no expert on labour law, but it is not the same as being terminated without cause in the middle of the contract. Because she was allegedly relieved of some duties beforehand, she might be arguing that she was constructively dismissed. But in essence, I think the harassment element has been entered as the reason for the contract not being renewed. As someone has already said, trying to sweep things under the carpet. That is never going to work, especially in today's climate, nor should it. This whole situation was completely mismanaged, and the price that will be paid will be much more than any settlement of the lawsuit.