Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Significantly, Pinball said today that the Argos aren't challenging the allegations and, from his comments, it is apparent that he is acknowledging that wrongdoing happened and that they have to do better. That was probably more than I was expecting we would get from him today.

Having said all of this, Kelly shouldn't be anywhere near the field at this point.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    A bit of passing the buck -- league says that Kelly is there at Argos' discretion and Pinball says that the league gave him permission to be there -- which is it?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Pinball said the Argos were fully complying with the League’s terms and conditions. How is this not taking the matter seriously? Should they be lobbying the League to increase the suspension to 18 games?
    The Argos should have told Kelly not to come to training camp, to let them know as soon as possible if he is going to appeal the decision made by the CFL and if he is not appealing, when / how he plans to begin completing the requirements laid out by the CFL. He should not be joining the team at training camp and the Argos shouldn't be acting as if "it's business as usual"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I meant the case, not the charges. I am not a lawyer, so excuse my wording on this.

For the record, I have no issue with a suspension. I do however feel that it is way more than what it should be. There was no violence involved (sorry, I don't consider "reportedly" yelling "I can't wait for you to get fired" as violence. Chris Edwards got six games for physically fighting with a fan, and that was reduced to 3. We all don't know the entire story and likely never will. I just think referring to this as "violence" is quite a stretch.
    Supposedly, there is a lot more that led up to that one incident though. Kelly allegedly harassed the poor woman for two freaking years and then blew up because his advances weren't being accepted. He also disparaged her in the QB room in 2022. In most other workplaces, I would suggest that he would be dismissed.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    The Argos should have told Kelly not to come to training camp, to let them know as soon as possible if he is going to appeal the decision made by the CFL and if he is not appealing, when / how he plans to begin completing the requirements laid out by the CFL. He should not be joining the team at training camp and the Argos shouldn't be acting as if "it's business as usual"
    Pinball sure didn’t look like it was business as usual. I’ve never seen him so troubled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Who are the "rookie quarterbacks" (plural) that Kelly would be working with ?
    I think some of the media - who don't normally cover football - assumed that all of the QBs at rookie camp were rookies. The veteran QBs always report with the rookies also and, from the footage that I saw today, it was apparent that both Dukes and Scott were at the rookie camp, in addition to rookie Raquet and the USports QB who is interning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Pinball sure didn’t look like it was business as usual. I’ve never seen him so troubled.
    As he should be. Keith Pelley should have been there also. Pelley may not have been around when this troubling behaviour occurred but it is incumbent upon him to clean up this mess and ensure it never happens again.

Given that hockey reporters sabotaged an Argos' press conference in 2016 to talk about Mike Babcock's hiring, I would love to see football reporters do the same tomorrow when Pelley has his press conference about the Leafs and force him to address the Kelly situation and why he is being allowed at rookie camp. Pelley's feet need to be put to the fire too even though I know that he has been a media darling for decades.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    And yet the League only imposed a 9 game ban. Are they not taking the matter seriously either?
    I don't cheer for thr league. I cheer for the Argos. And i want the team I cheer for to (a) do the right thing or at least (b) not do the wrong thing. IMO cutting Kelly would be the right thing. And allowing him anywhere near the practice field was absolutely the wrong thing.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    As he should be. Keith Pelley should have been there also. Pelley may not have been around when this troubling behaviour occurred but it is incumbent upon him to clean up this mess and ensure it never happens again.

Given that hockey reporters sabotaged an Argos' press conference in 2016 to talk about Mike Babcock's hiring, I would love to see football reporters do the same tomorrow when Pelley has his press conference about the Leafs and force him to address the Kelly situation and why he is being allowed at rookie camp. Pelley's feet need to be put to the fire too even though I know that he has been a media darling for decades.
    I have to disagree with this. It's not Pelley whose feet should be put to the fire, it's the guy who has been this team's president for six-plus years, Bill Manning. As badly as Pinball fumbled this today, he was handed a live grenade.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Nothing has been tested in court yet. That's why all the articles have to mention that.

The decision of the judge will no doubt have a considerable influence on how the CFL's investigation will ultimately be perceived in the end.

Nice to see such esteemed members of the media to show up for Argos training camp. I guess they only show up if there's a chance to damage the team's reputation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. It's not Pelley whose feet should be put to the fire, it's the guy who has been this team's president for six-plus years, Bill Manning. As badly as Pinball fumbled this today, he was handed a live grenade.
    Someone higher than Pinball should have been there today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Nothing has been tested in court yet. That's why all the articles have to mention that.

The decision of the judge will no doubt have a considerable influence on how the CFL's investigation will ultimately be perceived in the end.

Nice to see such esteemed members of the media to show up for Argos training camp. I guess they only show up if there's a chance to damage the team's reputation.
    Honestly, the team and MLSE are doing a good enough job on their own of damaging the team's reputation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Agreed with this 100%. Pinball said today that he has not been given the 87 page report, or aware of its contents. It is with the legal dept. at MLSE. Pinball takes full responsibility of this football club and acts as the defacto President without the title. He was visibly upset and emotional today.

Most everyone on this forum are well aware of what he means to this franchise, his integrity, professionalism and sacrifices he has made over many decades of service. He wants so badly in his heart to give people a second chance, and the opportunity to redeem themselves. Chad has had issues in the past, bit I'm sure Michael wants to give him an opportunity in-house to redeem and repent if he is able to.
    This situation is still influx and the information has not been provided to Pinball. I am not ready to pass judgment on his handling of the matter yet.
    I do hope that Pelley will do what should have been done long ago and make him President. Even if he has made some mistakes I can't think of anyone better equipped to become better and make the adjustments to bring lasting change to the organization.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Supposedly, there is a lot more that led up to that one incident though. Kelly allegedly harassed the poor woman for two freaking years and then blew up because his advances weren't being accepted. He also disparaged her in the QB room in 2022. In most other workplaces, I would suggest that he would be dismissed.
    Then why did this linger for so long? Why didn’t she go to the head strength and conditioning coach, or Dinwiddie, Pinball, Magri sooner? Why did it become more of an issue after her contract wasn’t renewed?

I am not defending the alleged actions, just stating wondering why it took so long for an action to put a stop to it. If she had documented this with management or HR, it likely would have stopped immediately.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 05-09-2024 at 09:08 PM.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post

Who were there from the media? Pinball did pay them the well deserved back-handed compliment of wanting to make the changes necessary so that they would not need to get on a plane and come to first day of training camp again.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Honestly, the team and MLSE are doing a good enough job on their own of damaging the team's reputation.
    I respectfully disagree. The media scrum would have been difficult for anyone. It's Pinball's job to look out for his team's best interest. He also had to deal with tremendous media pressure.

He also speaks from the heart, which makes a scrum like this difficult to handle. I thought he did fine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Who were there from the media? Pinball did pay them the well deserved back-handed compliment of wanting to make the changes necessary so that they would not need to get on a plane and come to first day of training camp again.
    I'm not going to name names but some big ones were there today and they were not there for training camp last year.

Boatman
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This will end with Chad Kelly getting released and accepting a $100,000 payout. I would not be surprised to see Chris Jones
    signing Kelly as a Free Agent in August and thus start the next CFL PR nightmare.This situation is not going to end well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Then why did this linger for so long? Why didn’t she go to the head strength and conditioning coach, or Dinwiddie, Pinball, Magri sooner? Why did it become more of an issue after her contract wasn’t renewed?

I am not defending the alleged actions, just stating wondering why it took so long for an action to put a stop to it. If she had documented this with management or HR, it likely would have stopped immediately.
    One wonders where we'd be right now had her contract been renewed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    This will end with Chad Kelly getting released and accepting a $100,000 payout. I would not be surprised to see Chris Jones
    signing Kelly as a Free Agent in August and thus start the next CFL PR nightmare.This situation is not going to end well.
    Ha, ha; could be.

Jones trades MBT back to the Argos for the Chadster ? Argos sign Kevin Glenn for QB "depth" ?