Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    The media articles on the statement by the CFL do say that there was no announcement regarding any penalties or sanctions against the Argos, but that the "conduct of the Argos in this matter, as laid out by the investigation, will be reviewed with the club." So one would assume that at the very least they will be reviewing what process / procedure the Argos have in place to deal with these kind of issues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It is obvious the CFL investigation discovered evidence of Kelly's unacceptable conduct. It now raises "where now" questions. There are some indications there will be some answers to those questions upcoming.

Apparently, Pinball will be addressing the media after the Rookie Training camp tomorrow. That should give us some idea of actions the club will be taking re the issues that have been raised, Kelly's future (if any) with the team and what will be happening re the QB position.

Kelly's agent has indicated dissatisfaction with the CFL report and has implied a possible appeal. That of course is the player's right but maybe not the smartest move at this time.

Regardless of what happens, the team will need to bring in additional QBs. I'm not sure any trade would bring in a high level QB, plus other teams will probably be demanding a high return in any trade. For now Dukes is the teams #1 QB. IMO, if they build an offense around his strengths the team might still have a successful season.

An aside--we are planning on going to the Sunday morning Training Camp practice. Does anyone have the Training Camp schedule?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regardless of what happens, the team will need to bring in additional QBs. I'm not sure any trade would bring in a high level QB, plus other teams will probably be demanding a high return in any trade. For now Dukes is the teams #1 QB. IMO, if they build an offense around his strengths the team might still have a successful season.
    Given their QB depth I bet Ottawa would love to knock Masoli’s $133,800 in hard money off their books. He’d be a perfect fit here IMO, a very experienced starter who could take Kelly under his wing when The Chad returns for game 10.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    9 Games.

I won't get into it because obviously we have zero information about this and we may never.

I'll just say that I'm pissed, and pretty much all of my anger is directed at the League.

I hope we roll with what we have and I still think we win the East. Argonauts Vs. Everbody. F Them.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's the league's fault and the poor Argos are being picked on and discriminated against ???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    It's the league's fault and the poor Argos are being picked on and discriminated against ???
    That's the only reason you could fathom that I'd be honked off at the CFL? You lack imagination, friend.

How about pronouncing a punishment 225% more punitive than any ever doled out during the middle of a he-said, she-said civil suit that has yet to conclude.

To my knowledge, 4 games is the max ever given and those have been for foul/violent/illegal play, live on camera and in front of witnesses that could be described in any other place as an attempted murder.
    This however is for a case of a contract which wasn't renewed for an employee that was in such a terribly hostile work environment that they actually wanted to come back to that environment for more but then filed a suit when it was clear that they couldn't come back for another year of the alleged abuse.

It stinks.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    That's the only reason you could fathom that I'd be honked off at the CFL? You lack imagination, friend.

How about pronouncing a punishment 225% more punitive than any ever doled out during the middle of a he-said, she-said civil suit that has yet to conclude.

To my knowledge, 4 games is the max ever given and those have been for foul/violent/illegal play, live on camera and in front of witnesses that could be described in any other place as an attempted murder.
    This however is for a case of a contract which wasn't renewed for an employee that was in such a terribly hostile work environment that they actually wanted to come back to that environment for more but then filed a suit when it was clear that they couldn't come back for another year of the alleged abuse.

It stinks.
    Just FYI, both Johnny Manzier & Garrett Marino were banned from the league, effectively, for life.

And in this day & age of sensitivity towards sexual discrimination or harassment and with media/internet shining a bright light on any incidents there, I'm surprised Kelly was not given a one year suspension with a mandatory public apology and counselling (and non-compliance = you're gone for life). His reply proclaiming innocence on the matter speaks volumes though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The league did an external workplace investigation into the complainant's allegations. That is a standard thing to - or at least should be - in situations such as this one, in any workplace. The league actually did the right thing here. Ambrosie's language in the league's release is quite strong - "That in-depth investigation found that Mr. Kelly unequivocally violated the CFL’s Gender-based Violence Policy."

The reality is that this is not a criminal case; it's a civil case, which the complainant has a right to pursue. Separate from that, the league had an obligation to investigate the allegations and the investigator has clearly found substantial evidence supporting the complainant's story. Kelly has the right to grieve and appeal this. As it stands currently though, the investigation is damning towards him.

As an aside, if someone told me back in January that an Argo was alleged to have sexually harassed a fellow employee, the first name that would have come to my mind is Chad Kelly, given his rich past of immaturity. I was really hoping that he had finally "got it" and grown up in 2023 and am extremely disappointed to see that he has seemingly not done so.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    No the CFL imposed the suspension because they hired an independent investigator to review what happened and he compiled a detailed report that showed that Kelly has unequivocally violated the league's gender based violence. The CFL does alot of things wrong, but they did the right thing in this case. This has happened directly because of Kelly's behaviour and the fact he is an asshole - which is regrettable for Argo fans, but it is what it is. I have faith that the Argos will work with Cameron Dukes along with other options and believe there is every chance that the Argos will have an excellent season without Kelly!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    No the CFL imposed the suspension because they hired an independent investigator to review what happened and he compiled a detailed report that showed that Kelly has unequivocally violated the league's gender based violence. The CFL does alot of things wrong, but they did the right thing in this case. This has happened directly because of Kelly's behaviour and the fact he is an asshole - which is regrettable for Argo fans, but it is what it is. I have faith that the Argos will work with Cameron Dukes along with other options and believe there is every chance that the Argos will have an excellent season without Kelly!

Please provide some details of this report.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Kelly and his counsel have likely already seen this report. Reports, such as this one, are rarely released to the public, regardless of the workplace. This is hardly unusual.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Well we already heard some of the details of the incidents haven't we - through the documents filed in the civil suit. I certainly trust the CFL and the independent investigator with doing a thorough investigation substantiated by fact and witnesses. I support their decision regarding Kelly and I echo the sentiment that I would support the Argos releasing Kelly if they felt that was the best way forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    Well we already heard some of the details of the incidents haven't we - through the documents filed in the civil suit. I certainly trust the CFL and the independent investigator with doing a thorough investigation substantiated by fact and witnesses. I support their decision regarding Kelly and I echo the sentiment that I would support the Argos releasing Kelly if they felt that was the best way forward.
    A judge hasn't ruled on said documents filed in court. Documents filed in a civil suit are not automatically truth.

If a judge rules Kelly and the Argos did wrong, I am all for a suitable punishment.

Boatman
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Given that Kelly "violated" the CFL's gender-based violence policy, perhaps the level of proof required for guilt has a lower bar than for civil cases or certainly a criminal case, which doesn't apply here. However, does the guilty verdict from the league affect Kelly's civil case? If so, then more of the information from the league's investigation may come to light. That unless the Argos and MLSE decide that this has to all go away with a NDA and out-of-court settlement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I know that 3downnation.com gets a fair bit of criticism but I do think that they did an excellent job in discussing the Kelly situation on their podcast this week: https://3downnation.com/2024/05/08/3...egall-returns/

They spent about half an hour on the topic and I think it's worth a listen. Justin Dunk mentioned that he has heard that players were interviewed as part of the investigation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Interesting that Kelly is practicing at rookie camp today. If this case were to get dismissed in court, then what?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Interesting that Kelly is practicing at rookie camp today. If this case were to get dismissed in court, then what?
    It's unclear what he's actually doing. Is he actually wearing the red QB jersey or just lurking in the background?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    There is evidently some sort of loophole (or interpretation) with regards to this suspension. The CFL says it is up to the Argos, and the Argos have interpreted it to mean that Kelly can be at training camp in some sort of capacity. I don't think this is a very smart PR move for the Argos.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    There is evidently some sort of loophole (or interpretation) with regards to this suspension. The CFL says it is up to the Argos, and the Argos have interpreted it to mean that Kelly can be at training camp in some sort of capacity. I don't think this is a very smart PR move for the Argos.
    This is a PR nightmare that Pelley, Manning, and Pinball are only making worse by the day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    This is a PR nightmare that Pelley, Manning, and Pinball are only making worse by the day.
    In your opinion. As I asked what if the courts dismiss the charges? I would think the League and perhaps Ambrosie personally would be open to a lawsuit from Kelly.
    It's us vs the rest of the country