Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
You think Kelly should be released over the video? Murphy arguably made worse comments that surfaced in a video, left the team and was quietly rehired.

When you see the Argos trending and a shitstorm online and you watch the actual video, still very strange, you realize, this isn’t as bad as you might have first feard given the headlines. Still unacceptable but yeah, it could’ve been worse.
I get that there are people on Twitter demanding that Kelly be released. Some seem to be doing so based solely on the video, while others are basing the call on the allegations against him, or on the allegations *and* the video.

Since you asked, No, I don't think Kelly should be released over the video. But calling it "unacceptable" is an understatement IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
I have basically stayed away from commenting on this thread. The fact of the matter is that we have no clue what happened. For all we know, maybe Kelly and the accuser had an affair that went bad. Maybe her accusation is truthful, but again, we have no idea.
As for his bizarre social media posts, I would hope he would know better, but if I was accused of something that deep down I believe was a false accusation (and I'm not saying it is false, but Kelly might believe it is), I have no idea how I would react, and anyone that says they know how they would react is a liar. Until you are in that situation, you just don't know.
No, we don't know what (if anything) happened between Kelly and the complainant, or Murphy and the complainant, or the org and the complainant. The lawsuit at this point is just a list of allegations that have not been tested or proven in court. But we have now also seen troubling public behaviour from the player the team is built around. If this happened entirely on its own at a time when there were no other matters outstanding, some if not many fans would be deeply concerned about it. The fact it happened while this allegation is hanging over him and the org ratchets up the concern IMO. Whatever he might feel or know about the allegations against him, that type of public behaviour is not the way to respond. I would hope he'd have someone advising him to lay low and let the processes play out instead of adding fuel to the fire, and that he would take such advice seriously.