Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
I like Ben Grant, very knowledgeable guy who thinks the Argonauts should look at LB with their first round pick.

Interesting stuff - thanks for the link - they cover lots of ground for the Argos draft options.

Also interestin' was the mention late of QBs - and Grant was quick to dismiss the QBs up this draft (5 combined were at the 2 Combines); but I guess he is quite Ok with the Argo QBs brought in for TC competition last draft - a couple of guys from lower levels of US college ball (and another one added for this TC)?

This year's crop may not exactly scream potential CFL starter or even a #2 - but ... Zergiotis was a starter for 2 Div I teams; Reeb was a 3 time Conference all-star in lower level US college ball; Anthony Robichaud is a big, fairly mobile QB who led a weak Sherbrooke team with some decent QB stats and had a big game in the U Sports East-West Bowl last year; and Casey Bauman is a 6-7 QB who was a starter in lower level US college ball: so all of these guys don't even rate for an Argo team in big need for TC QB competition ??? - they all easily have as good or superior resumes / skills as the back-up QBs the Argos currently have. No mention of WTF happened to Michael O'Connor in the CFL? What about former Mac starter Andreas Dueck (superb career completion % in U Sports ball, and a great game at that East-West Bowl - that Pinball was seen attending); how bout former Hec & Vanier winner Adam Sinagra (totally snubbed in the CFL draft after making the CFL Scouting Bureau top 20 list); or former Saint Mary's starter Kaleb Scott - mobile run threat QB who also had lower level US college ball experience on his resume, who was still playing QB in the German pro league last year ??? Not remotely worth any Argo TC shot ?

Kinda sad to see same old CFL GOB myopic attitudes towards Canadian QBs getting adopted or mouthed, IMO. Is what it is though.