Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Tim Cherry told me the story a few years back, he was one of the stick boys on the team. There was a pretty strong Kingston contingent on the bench that night. His dad Don Cherry was the coach, Wayne Cashman was a player on the team as was Rick Smith - he's in the above picture, fifth from the left with the "D" over his head. Rick posted a +/- of +68 the season before the pic was taken. The other stick boy, whose face is blurred in the pic, is Jim Pratt, a guy I went to high school with at KCVI. Tim and Jim were sent by trainer "Frosty" Forristall to go down Yonge St and find an Argo flag, obviously easier to find back in the day. They brought them back to the Gardens and the guys on the team thought it was hilarious. I've read it was Grapes, Harry Sinden (who played for a few years and coached for the Bruins farm team in Kingston in the 60s) and scout Bob Tindall who came up with the flag idea. It's a pretty cool story.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Was the hat with Joanne Polack running things or before?
    I think that Polak came in towards the latter part of that limited partnership. They had taken over the team when Allan Waters sold it, after owning it for a decade or so. Waters owned CHUM radio station in Toronto.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force