Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's gonna be interesting to see how offensive snaps are doled out among the receiving corps. We have four veteran NATs who have shown they can play (Brissette, Nield, Ungerer and Sindani), as well as a top, potentially pro-ready prospect in Mital. I assume we will "start" three INT receivers and two NATs most of the time, but I expect four NATs will get regular or at least semi-regular reps. The question in my mind is who won't be among those four. At this point I'd bet Sindani draws the short straw.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It's gonna be interesting to see how offensive snaps are doled out among the receiving corps. We have four veteran NATs who have shown they can play (Brissette, Nield, Ungerer and Sindani), as well as a top, potentially pro-ready prospect in Mital. I assume we will "start" three INT receivers and two NATs most of the time, but I expect four NATs will get regular or at least semi-regular reps. The question in my mind is who won't be among those four. At this point I'd bet Sindani draws the short straw.
    Sindani would be my choice too for the short straw. I've never been a fan of him plus he only had 90 yards in receptions in 2023.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Mital is a very good receiver prospect IMO, to join the current group of experienced National receivers. There is also a chance that last year's draft pick J. Wayne could run out of NFL opportunity and show-up; what a great 1-2 add that would be.

And just like the Argos added vet Sindani last year when in need, there are often some other quality Canadian receivers (or players in general) out there to be signed, possibly, as FAs. For example, the RedBlacks have let go or not re-signed vet Canadian receivers Nate Behar (a 59 catch, 727 yard season just two years ago) & Tevaun Smith ( a 55 catch, 632 yard season when he first came to the CFL with the EE in 2019 - a player who spent some time on NFL rosters, and who ran a sub 4.4 forty at his Pro Day out of Div. I ball). This is the type of talent that is sometimes available to CFL teams, but they sometimes get written-off (neither of these guys are old by any football standards), cause CFL GMs want to load their TC rosters with as many Americans as they can, and a smaller quota of Canadians will suffice.