Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly in regards to Chris Jones and his draft strategy, bizarre to say the least.
I count 8 Canadian inside linebacker types that Jones has drafted or acquired in the past couple of seasons (including 1 in each of the first 3 rounds of the draft yesterday; and last year's 1st rounder was Brodrique).

Now maybe if Jones was deploying 2 NI starters at MLB & OLB, and wanted depth protection behind them and maybe another couple as ST aces dressed as well ? - maybe he could do that ? We shall see.

And in another Jones / Canadian LB note - I see Jonestown just released former 1st rounder E. Makonzo - who played S-OLB (rare for Canadians in the CFL lately) with starts as a rookie 1st round draft pick for Jones. I would love to see the Argos snap up this guy - even though they have a bunch of NI LBs now - to see if he could compete with or back-up Adeleke if they were to try him at S-OLB. Why Jones cuts this former 1st rounder who IMO was quite impressive as a rookie there is a head-scratcher ... ? No wait, scratch that ... maybe the guy insulted or questioned the all-knowing great leader & football genius there.