Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Cornelius would be my first choice, but I'd have no issues with Arbuckle being brought in. I also want to see what Scott can do. He didn't play much last season, and is not highly regarded by some around here, but he was highly sought after by the org, and I don't think we know yet what he might bring to the table. In 2013, it seemed obvious that the previous third-stringer, Trevor Harris, would step in for an injured Ricky Ray, but it was the previous fourth-stringer, Zach Collaros, who seized the opportunity. I'm not comparing either Dukes or Scott to either Harris or Collaros; just saying sometimes guys we know little about can develop in surprising ways.
I could see bringing in Cornelius but am less enthusiastic about Arbuckle, who has regressed badly over the past few years. It's worth making inquiries into Tre Ford, who is into the final season of his contract and I suspect is likely having doubts about returning to Edmonton after this season - and it can't be hard for the Elks to figure that out. Edmonton may be interested in a trade where they receive something for Ford now rather than losing him for nothing next off-season.