Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't think that anyone is ragging on Ray. I think people here are suggesting that of his brief Argo career that wasn't his best game, but it is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than any QB play the Argos have had in many years. I think we are also all excited to see how great this offense can be when everyone is clicking.

The whole offence struggled tonight. That's going to happen on a lousy short week. As such Ray didn't have much support.

I though that the OL struggled tonight. Ray was under a lot of pressure. If he had more time he would have been even better.

That's it. That's all. I think that every poster on this board is bowing to the west and thanking Tillman for sending Ray to the Argos. Best QB the Argos have had since Flutie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    I don't think that anyone is ragging on Ray. I think people here are suggesting that of his brief Argo career that wasn't his best game, but it is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than any QB play the Argos have had in many years. I think we are also all excited to see how great this offense can be when everyone is clicking.

The whole offence struggled tonight. That's going to happen on a lousy short week. As such Ray didn't have much support.

I though that the OL struggled tonight. Ray was under a lot of pressure. If he had more time he would have been even better.

That's it. That's all. I think that every poster on this board is bowing to the west and thanking Tillman for sending Ray to the Argos. Best QB the Argos have had since Flutie.
    Once again, I agree with Nob. I think people are glad this is considered a "not great" game, and I honestly don't remember reading anything being all over Ray.

If you are referring to my post pw13, keep in mind that it came early in the 4th quarter after a huge stretch where we did nothing. Even then, I don't think I was being that critical. Perhaps I should have clarified it to "second half" again at that point.
    Last edited by KCargosfan; 07-19-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Argo offence had some trouble getting into a rhythm (in Ray's words) in the second half. They had at least a couple of occasions where they got into second and short and then botched those plays. In fact, I can think of at least three times on second and short in the second half where they ran Boyd and the Bombers were able to stop him which forced the Argos to punt. There were a couple of turnovers and at least one penalty that killed drives in the second half as well. The great thing was that they were able to put together a TD drive when they absolutely had to and that hasn't happened often over the last several seasons. I don't think that anyone will say that this was a great game offensively by the Argos but Ray still threw for over 300 yards which has been a rarity in Argoland from '09-'11.

As for the defence, they played very well IMO. They only gave up one TD drive on that night and that was with the Bombers working on a short field. They did have some problems handling Chad Simpson in the first half but pretty much shut him down in the second half. They got lots of pressure on Brink as well which clearly had much effect on him.

Finally, the special teams coverage was excellent tonight. Our return game struggled a bit but you have to give Winnipeg some credit as well.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I keep having to tell myself that we played that game with basically no practice. NOw we have plenty of time to work on things for Montreal. We need to push the ball downfield more often. The dink and dunk stuff looked like the last few years.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I give credit to Winnipeg's D for keeping them in the ballgame in the second half. Our receivers were blanketed for the most part and Cory couldn't really get much going either. But, big credit to Jason Barnes for coming up in the clutch to get the winning TD. I got a bit scared on the ensuing kickoff when WPG got a nice gain, but Brink was horrible for most of the night. He kept pushing the ball downfield in the first half and completed maybe one of those passes to Denmark. I never realized his stats (9-34) were that brutal and I was actually worried about facing him more than Pierce! Brandon Isaac nearly took his head off in the first half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just a few thoughts on the game....... I was impressed with the crowd last night. 22,000? I guess maybe more in the 200 level? But the enthusiasm was good for a Wed night. Maybe summer weekdays aren't so bad.... But a short week sucks and was evident in the play.
    It seems that we play to the level of our opponent...... So next game we'll be great.
    Defense saved us in the second half.
    I'm glad we got some great punts from Swayze. I'm sure he will settle in...... Glad to know Pre is around to help out.
    Still more work to be done with the receivers.... but I was impressed to hear that the play to Barnes was an impromptu play designed by Ray .... And I take the coach..... Based on what the Bombers D gave him. I like adaptability. This shows great confidence and communication between the coaches and players ....... Looking forward to a great season.

Boatman
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdrive250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Yeah, defence saved our butts, I thought we were going lose at one point, this was closer then everyone thought it was going to be, to close for comfort.
    Eddy

The only yardstick for success in our society, is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Just a few thoughts on the game....... I was impressed with the crowd last night. 22,000? I guess maybe more in the 200 level? But the enthusiasm was good for a Wed night. Maybe summer weekdays aren't so bad.... But a short week sucks and was evident in the play.
    It seems that we play to the level of our opponent...... So next game we'll be great.
    Defense saved us in the second half.
    I'm glad we got some great punts from Swayze. I'm sure he will settle in...... Glad to know Pre is around to help out.
    Still more work to be done with the receivers.... but I was impressed to hear that the play to Barnes was an impromptu play designed by Ray .... And I take the coach..... Based on what the Bombers D gave him. I like adaptability. This shows great confidence and communication between the coaches and players ....... Looking forward to a great season.
    Yeah, there were also more people on the west side stands from my perspective, and they weren't all away fans too, which is good.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm still 2-0 when watching the Argos haha. Surprised to see Ricky Ray at the Clarkson GO station going on the same train 4 hours before the game
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 07-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdrive250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Really kool, is he living in Mississauga?
    Eddy

The only yardstick for success in our society, is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm still 2-0 when watching the Argos haha. Surprised to see Ricky Ray at the Clarkson GO station going on the same train as me.
    Did you talk to him at all?

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Did you talk to him at all?
    No, I just saw him standing there and I think he saw us wearing Argo shirts so we just nodded and said hi & good luck. You don't want to disrupt his pregame focus, he's got to be in the zone. You don't want to throw your starting QB off his gameplan even though it was 4 hours before the game.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    No, I just saw him standing there and I think he saw us wearing Argo shirts so we just nodded and said hi & good luck. You don't want to disrupt his pregame focus, he's got to be in the zone. You don't want to throw your starting QB off his gameplan even though it was 4 hours before the game.
    Ah, I thought you had seen him this morning and not yesterday.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Ah, I thought you had seen him this morning and not yesterday.
    Yeah it was before the game which was shocking. The new guy from the US using the GO Train? Wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff Johnson or Andre Durie but Ricky Ray?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Didn't see it mentioned yet but 22k at the SkyDome and only 18k at BMO last night - not shocking.

Our offence will be fine - we're moving the ball, the red zone will take care of itself - especially with more time for montreal. Been a while since we came out of Molson Stadium with a W!

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned yet but 22k at the SkyDome and only 18k at BMO last night - not shocking.

Our offence will be fine - we're moving the ball, the red zone will take care of itself - especially with more time for montreal. Been a while since we came out of Molson Stadium with a W!
    Well, we won a meaningless game there at the end of the 2010 season, but I think the last win before that was in 2005!

Achievements:
    Level
    Back to this game, I posted on twitter that for someone who loves to talk how good they are Jovon Johnson just got burned twice by Chad Owens and Jason Barnes for TDs. I think Jovon is highly overrated like many Bomber players. Anyways I get a message saying 2011 defensive player of the year....stop hating. Go back to see who sent it and it was deleted.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Have ploughed through the highlights and just about to sit down and watch the full thing. Closer than I imagined and Owen's hands of stone didn't help but the job got done, the d only gave up 22 pts and the offence came through in the clutch. Will need to improve against Montreal
    I'm new to Canadian football...be gentle. Or flame me, such is life.

Like hockey? Me too! I blog on hockey at Banners On The Wall http://bannersonthewall.wordpress.com (about my team) and Pucks Across the Pond http://www.pucksatp.com about NHL and everywhere else.

Double Blue; in it to win it...or at least beat Hamilton!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrussell View Post
    Have ploughed through the highlights and just about to sit down and watch the full thing. Closer than I imagined and Owen's hands of stone didn't help but the job got done, the d only gave up 22 pts and the offence came through in the clutch. Will need to improve against Montreal
    The Montreal game is very winnable - I did also say this about the Edmonton and Hamilton games as well

key in montreal is to score majors early and often - get montreal playing desperate. I didn't like how close Winnipeg was to sneaking out of here with a W last night -but an ugly W > any loss

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes an ugly win is still a win.
    It should not have been this close as it should have been a blow out after the first half.