Quote Originally Posted by Sheep#9908773025 View Post
If I owned the Argos, I would lower ticket prices.

Owners are always scared that lowering prices will "devalue the brand."

Well, guess what fat cats? An empty stadium devalues the brand, and the image.

Argos should lower the ticket prices until they can consistently get 30,000 fans a game in the Skydome.

I realize, it doesn't help that they don't own the stadium and get nothing from stadium revenue.

But getting more paying fans will pay off in many ways. More interest, more merchandise sales, sponsorship, and perhaps your own stadium once you build a decent fanbase.

You know what else I would do? Sell to MLSE (Bell and Rogers).

Bell and Rogers control the hearts and minds of millions of sheeple like myself, through the media which they own 90% of. They are monopolistic companies who can control the minds of Simpleton Consumers like myself, who we need to buy tickets and get drunk before the game, make noise and make the Argos cool again.

Again, I'm remember just a simpleton who is nowhere near sophisticated enough to discover my own Sports Team to root for based on its merits. I need CTV News to tell me what's cool. Therefore, I need the money behind Bell/Rogers, with all their tentacles, to make me like a sports team before I will cheer for them and spend my money on them.
Chris Rudge's plan is to get the Argos to a profitable position within the next five years where an entity such as Bell or Rogers would have an interest in purchasing them from Braley.