Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

Watching the game at a pub in BC

So...i wandered to a pub in Surrey Bc to watch the Argo game on weds. The place looked nice, almost an "upscale" pub, it was called "The Station".

The bartender was a nice fellow, he came over to take my order, and at this time i asked him if he could put on TSN so i could watch the game. He was happy to. I will say that the 30 or so TV's in the place had the "score" on, or some UFC repeat stuff.

It was kinda funny, cause when he changed it to the Argo's game, about 15 or so of the TV's switched, along with the one in front of me.

This is when it got interesting, some big drunk dude, and his pals were sitting at the table directly behind me (he was obviously evesdropping). This guy stood up, marched right over to the bartender, and demanded that EVERY TV be put on the "whitecaps game".(Im sure he wasnt a soccer fan)

WOW...what a big "hate-on" for anything and everything Toronto...needless to say...i egged this dude on, saying he should watch the Argo's game. I may have even let it slip that Toronto IS the center of the universe.

As argoholic has said before, what a strange mentality out here. This guy was ready to fight, angry that the Argo's were on TV in "his" bar.

Cant wait to go back there for the next game..hehe..
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So called laid back BC. Why I watch at home. You should be able to find a great true old pub or original public house. The history of pubs on Vancouver Island is rich. We have pubs that have been around since the Trans Canada Hwy was a horse and buggy path.

Boatman
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Black Bull pub in Logan Lake BC. Geroy comes out here during training camp. I promised my wife not to fly my Argo colours too much. I'm an Argo fan. Across the street is an Als fan(during the winter the road plowers add extra snow in front of his driveway).2 doors down is a Riders fan. My wifes friend and hubbie wear shmoe jerseys. CFL is a great time of year in a small town.
    If plan 'A' was any good, we wouldn't need a plan 'B'
    Unknown

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Is Black Bull one of those great classic old BC pubs? I find myself missing to much of the game by yapping to much at a bar.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Is Black Bull one of those great classic old BC pubs? I find myself missing to much of the game by yapping to much at a bar.
    Good food. My wifes friend is the cook. If she messes up, she hears about it. friendly of course. Pick and Shovel. It used to be called the Puke and Shovel until councilors told them to clean up by morning. Nothing like frozen puddles. Sorry. Don't read this if your eating dinner. OOps!Too late.
    Unknown

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    A big drunk dude in Surrey. Say it ain't so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    To be fair, the Whitecaps are a home team...but that can't be much of a sports watching bar if the TV's were on the Score...Good god, they hardly have any live sports coverage.....by the way....UFC is just the new Wrestling, what crap that Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen fight was....one shot and the ref comes in to stop it. Who the hell would waste $59.99 to buy this crap to watch at home? I would have felt worse if the $5 cover that I paid to be at a bar did not at least have cheap drinks.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I got turned off of the UFC pretty fast. Who can keep up with a major fight every frigging week. Too many fighters come and go. Too much bs. Who won that fight Gill?
    The Score is CRAP!!!! Highschoolers talking about sports is what it looks like to me. What about talk sports radio on tv now that exciting like on Sportsnet? More Crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I got turned off of the UFC pretty fast. Who can keep up with a major fight every frigging week. Too many fighters come and go. Too much bs. Who won that fight Gill?
    The Score is CRAP!!!! Highschoolers talking about sports is what it looks like to me. What about talk sports radio on tv now that exciting like on Sportsnet? More Crap.
    All you need to know about the score is that Greg Sansone is a high ranking person there. He used to produce the Gord and Damian show on the fan in the 90's. He is truly an American sports wannabe that has never played a sport in his life.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    What do the numbers behind the UFC main event mean? For example, I believe that the event in Calgary this weekend is UFC 149. I must admit that I really don't get the appeal of this UFC stuff either but obviously a lot of people, mostly young men and women, really love this. Maybe I am just too old although I see the likes of Perry Lefko heavily into it too.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    All you need to know about the score is that Greg Sansone is a high ranking person there. He used to produce the Gord and Damian show on the fan in the 90's. He is truly an American sports wannabe that has never played a sport in his life.
    I almost never turn to that channel on my TV anymore and really haven't for quite some time. The Score looked promising for CFL coverage back around 2004. I remember that their Grey Cup coverage was through the roof that year with Sara Orlesky among others working for them back at that time. For a while, their CFL coverage wasn't too bad and they even had a weekly show with Duane Forde. However, I doubt that anyone who currently works at The Score knows what the CFL is.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post

I almost never turn to that channel on my TV anymore and really haven't for quite some time. The Score looked promising for CFL coverage back around 2004. I remember that their Grey Cup coverage was through the roof that year with Sara Orlesky among others working for them back at that time. For a while, their CFL coverage wasn't too bad and they even had a weekly show with Duane Forde. However, I doubt that anyone who currently works at The Score knows what the CFL is.
    I more or less only watch it for their OUA and NCAA football coverage.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Same here Angelo that's all it seems good for at this point.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Score didn't have bad group of people working there either, but TSN and Sportsnet just have gutted them over the years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    The Score didn't have bad group of people working there either, but TSN and Sportsnet just have gutted them over the years.
    True enough. I'm trying to think if TSN or Sportsnet might be interested in any current Score on-air talent, but no ones comes to mind.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    So called laid back BC. Why I watch at home. You should be able to find a great true old pub or original public house. The history of pubs on Vancouver Island is rich. We have pubs that have been around since the Trans Canada Hwy was a horse and buggy path.
    I also watch at home to avoid hassles with those who insist on being rude and actually hear the commentary. I also find it easier to discuss with friends how the game is going when I don't have the noise of a bar.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I remember that. We had a hell of a time trying to find Duane Forde and his show. Great guy and great analysis at the time. I think that place just doesn't have any one with vision or talent.
    Unknown