Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Attendance predictions for Aug 6th

Ok the attendance for the Home Opener was a paltry 20,000. It was 22,000 for the Blue Bomber game. It was a helluva fun game to be at, even more than the opener, even though it was a Wednesday night. The crowd got really loud near the end of the game, I can only imagine what it will be like when there's more. Do you think we can hit 25,000 for the Civic day holiday against the Grey Cup champions? We have a great team this year, lets get out there and let your friends know that its more fun at an Argos game than any other pro sport in Toronto. We all know that's true, lets try to convince others. Lets slowly work our way up to 35,000 for the Eastern final. And don't forget to wear your Argo gear when you go to the game and be LOUD!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    One would hope the crowds would grow but media types still rip on them. Sportsline tonight had Hebsy saying he doesn't know if crowds will ever get great. His co-host states it's great in there when there's sellouts like the Bills games. What a mellon. Sellouts as in 20,000 free tickets to paper the joint.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    There hasn't been a Bills sellout yet even with papering the seats. These media types are the equivalent of internet trolls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    about 23,816

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    My guess: 24,391

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As long as it rises, that's all that matters. Most Torontonians don't know what they are missing. As much as people slag the Rogers Centre, its actually a great place to be for a football game. The concourse is full of life, and the people in the stands make more noise than any Jays game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Couldn't have said it better Argos1873 people who have never been to a game realy don't know what their missing! The best buck value in the city, most entertaining, great fans,! If the tiger cats can average 21000 we should easily be putting an extra 15000 butts in the seats, considering our population in the gta is 11 times bigger!!!!! I have been trying to sell this great sport of ours to many people over the years, some go and watch a game, some think if it's not nfl its not worth it! When I go out with my family I make sure me and my son is in some sort of Argo gear, I bleed double blue, this is our team,the oldest team in t.o!!!!!!!! And everyone of us on this forum should be doing the same, that's how are team, our league gets noticed! With all the Argo fans out there I still don't see anyone while driving in the gta without a flag on their car!! Come on guys show your team! And be proud of the argonauts! If we don't show our colors who will?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoscflguy View Post
    Couldn't have said it better Argos1873 people who have never been to a game realy don't know what their missing! The best buck value in the city, most entertaining, great fans,! If the tiger cats can average 21000 we should easily be putting an extra 15000 butts in the seats, considering our population in the gta is 11 times bigger!!!!! I have been trying to sell this great sport of ours to many people over the years, some go and watch a game, some think if it's not nfl its not worth it! When I go out with my family I make sure me and my son is in some sort of Argo gear, I bleed double blue, this is our team,the oldest team in t.o!!!!!!!! And everyone of us on this forum should be doing the same, that's how are team, our league gets noticed! With all the Argo fans out there I still don't see anyone while driving in the gta without a flag on their car!! Come on guys show your team! And be proud of the argonauts! If we don't show our colors who will?
    I turned my 10 year old son into a fan, well long before this year, and we had a blast at the last game. My son was telling me to cheer more! We need more kids like that! Bring your kids to the games, wear your gear, and don't be shy to yell your lungs out, especially when the other guys have the ball! The stadium was LOUD when Winnipeg had the ball in the last quarter and I know it helped!! Imagine if we had another 10,000?

I wanted to buy season tickets this year, but couldn't really afford it, but I don't care what it costs next year I'm buying them. I want to be there every game!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:

Level
    I went to 2 games last year and was really surprised at how cool it was at Rogers, that place is just awesome. I don't think you can say anything bad about it, pretty sure it's also the best stadium in the league.
    What annoyed me is you don't get the live coverage that you do when you watch the game on TV, so the game look very quiet. The other thing that bothered me last year that we sucked really bad.

Now that we have Rickey Ray i think we can actually look like a decent team and after 4 games even though we are only 2-2 (which is great IMO) we have lots of positive signs to look at.
    In my opinion the only way to fill those seats is to win some games, people are tired of seeing all Toronto teams losing in pretty much everything.

Too bad the seats are so expensive, what's the point in selling them for so high while having the place half empty all the time? Cut the price 30-40% and fill those seats.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Hey argos1873 so true, I think some people don't yell (their lungs out) lol because their shy! I was like that at my first Argos game many years ago! Now I did a total 360, I go nuts! I think that's a bit of the Problem with some argo fans, they care to much what people will think! Who cares be yourself look at the rough rider fans, their crazy , you see old grammas and grandpas going nuts!!!!! Let's all do the same!!!!AAARRGGGOOSSSS!!!! ( I was yelling)! Lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    Too bad the seats are so expensive, what's the point in selling them for so high while having the place half empty all the time? Cut the price 30-40% and fill those seats.
    I have a problem with the pricing points myself for single game tickets...I find the Argos continually shoot themselves in the foot intentionally once the attendance starts to pick up by increasing ticket prices, despite having delivered a less than par product over the last 2 years. They'll get to the mid 20,000's or even avg 30k as they did in 2005, raise ticket prices even after a losing season...(where talking a 4-14 losing season, not an 8-10 season) and then wonder why 7,000 fans less a game show up the following year. Someone mentioned that the Argos are the best value for sports in the city, but that can't be true as long as the Jays sell tickets in the 500 level and in the 100 and 200 level outfield. Those seats offer MORE casual fans with an affordable option because they are larger sections.

It can't be just myself who feels this way, as the visiting section between the goal lines that is not visible on TV is embarrasingly empty at the start of each game.
    The home side between the goal lines is barely half full.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I have a problem with the pricing points myself for single game tickets...I find the Argos continually shoot themselves in the foot intentionally once the attendance starts to pick up by increasing ticket prices, despite having delivered a less than par product over the last 2 years. They'll get to the mid 20,000's or even avg 30k as they did in 2005, raise ticket prices even after a losing season...(where talking a 4-14 losing season, not an 8-10 season) and then wonder why 7,000 fans less a game show up the following year. Someone mentioned that the Argos are the best value for sports in the city, but that can't be true as long as the Jays sell tickets in the 500 level and in the 100 and 200 level outfield. Those seats offer MORE casual fans with an affordable option because they are larger sections.

It can't be just myself who feels this way, as the visiting section between the goal lines that is not visible on TV is embarrasingly empty at the start of each game.
    The thing is you also have ticketmaster fee of around $10 and then you also have an even parking which is like $20 and of course the drive but can't really argue there so an $80 ticket becomes $100 for as you said, below par product.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Maybe because in 2005, they were totally papering the house. Do you really think if they weren't doing that, C&S would have lost their shirts on the team? If they really averaged 25-30k, there is no way they wold be losing money.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe because in 2005, they were totally papering the house. Do you really think if they weren't doing that, C&S would have lost their shirts on the team? If they really averaged 25-30k, there is no way they wold be losing money.
    It depends on how much was spent on advertising...remember McNall and Gretzky lost money in 1991 and they averaged over 30K easily....but yah, C&S did paper the house, and we now see several years later, that all these kids that were given free tickets have not spent a dime as adults to attend an Argos game. This tells you how bad a practice giving away free tickets was.

They also had promotion deals which gave fans cheap ticket deals...The Dominion (Metro) End zone section was very successful and noticeably full. At least fans still paid $10 per ticket...there were also some ridiculous ones that offered $5 seats in the 500 level....This would not be as detrimental if you received money from concessions, as fans who may have got in for as little as $5 would spend money buying food and drink, but with the Argos not getting any of that...those promotional discounts help the owners of the dome, more than the Argos. This is why many fans including myself think the Argos would be much better served with their own 30-35'000 seat stadium.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 07-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

Fans

It depends on how much was spent on advertising...remember McNall and Gretzky lost money in 1991 and they averaged over 30K easily....but yah, C&S did paper the house, and we now see several years later, that all these kids that were given free tickets have not spent a dime as adults to attend an Argos game. This tells you how bad a practice giving away free tickets was.

They also had promotion deals which gave fans cheap ticket deals...The Dominion (Metro) End zone section was very successful and noticeably full. At least fans still paid $10 per ticket...there were also some ridiculous ones that offered $5 seats in the 500 level....This would not be as detrimental if you received money from concessions, as fans who may have got in for as little as $5 would spend money buying food and drink, but with the Argos not getting any of that...those promotional discounts help the owners of the dome, more than the Argos. This is why many fans including myself think the Argos would be much better served with their own 30-35'000 seat stadium.
    I think this is what it comes down to! Is building our own 25000-35000 seat stadium! Look at bmo, who would of thought the place would be the hottest ticket in town? People who go to bump don't all go for the (soccer) they go for the enjoyment of the atmosphere! If this stadium is ever built it will the hottest ticket in the city!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It depends on how much was spent on advertising...remember McNall and Gretzky lost money in 1991 and they averaged over 30K easily.....
    Keep in mind that 1 player on that team also made more than the entire SMS we now have in place.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The actual "true" attendance has been the same the last 10+ years with the odd spike or drop due to circumstances such as playoff final, etc. Big names like Williams and half time gimmicks didn't work as planned. Everything stays the same except if the teams wins, it increases slightly and if they lose, the opposite. Aside from the hoopla of the new Skydome stadium, it really is crazy that nothing has worked.

I believe the current attendance numbers are accurate and the true paid numbers. It is easy to figure out the attendance yourself which makes you question numbers of the past. If the lower bowl is 32 000 capacity and you minus the 1 500 seats in the blocked off endzone, that leaves about 2 500 in the South endzone and 14 000 on each side. I take the empty seats on the home side and fill them with what I require from the West side. Add the usually sold out endzone which gives me a 16 500. Add 1000 or so for boxes and sideline seats and then there is usually enough left over on the West side (3-5000) to make up the final number being announced recently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wednesday was a great atmosphere. the fans were super loud. And lots and lots of argos jerseys and t shirts. Not alot of casual looking fans ( in generic clothing ) which is good. It looked pretty impressive seeing this mob of people dressed in double blue invading front st. after the game.

Those new t-shirts with the striped sleeves looked sharp. going to have pick one up.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Even watching on tv you could tell the crowd was into it and loader than the first game. Argo fans are out there it just a matter of getting them to the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Do they need to pay extra to open the 500 floor? IMO it would make alot of sense for the team to open that floor and sell tickets there super cheap so they get some money for it on one hand and on the other hand, you increase the atmosphere which helps the team on and off the field.