Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fungi View Post
    i think anytime a guy on the argo's makes one mistake...gone...because that what teams and fans are all about...lol
    anyone who says we should get rid of some one because of a mistake, probably never played sports before. Imo
    so right amen!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    When I played hockey and baseball I was perfect. hahaha.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Not a chance!!!!!!!!! U watch.... Chambers next year will be either leading the league! Or a nfl team will pick him up! Chambers has super star abilities!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    When I played hockey and baseball I was perfect. hahaha.
    We were all perfect back then especially when you played with family or with neighbours and you were the oldest of the bunch lol

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I can't believe there are people complaining about Chad Owens....agree he has been known to fumble throughout his career, but each player has weaknesses.
    . To bad that fumbling the ball is probably the worst weakness a player can have!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee19 View Post
    Let me start by saying I was a Chad Owens fan before he became a fan favourite before the fame and glory. Also I don't post here a lot but I feel like I have to now.

I will admit and I am sure that Chad would to, those few mistakes this year he has made are uncalled for. With that being said I want to point of a few things.

1) Chad brought back excitement to the Argos (2010) when I think we needed it most. Was ahuge reason we made the playoffs.

2) No returns this year is attributed to the huge change of personnel on special teams. I think we miss Crawford a little more then we want to admit.

3)The Edmonton TD drop was tipped and he had to make a split second change with his hands and just wasn't fast enough. While we all think he should have caught it, if you ever played football or even catch you know that just a little touch of the ball can change it drastically. Just saying. We have seen MANY dropped passes this year by big name receivers Simon, Green, Dressler, Durie to name a few, it happens. Also about that game lets not forget the TD that was called back for a HOLD. Thas ok though go ahead it was ALL OWENS fault that game...SMH

4) There was a incomplete pass this past week I think it was the bc game (CAN anyone help me here). I don't recall who it was but the receiver caught the ball and took 3 solid steps and was hit and the ball dropped out. Was ruled Incomplete by the BOOTH. That pass the Chad dropped that was called a fumble, well I watched it over and over again and based on the BC game play and the fewer steps Chad took should have been INCOMPLETE without a doubt.

5) The fumble on the punt was definitely a bad play. I still feel that there should have been a no yards there however it was really close. He was trying to get the flag for field position simply because the Argos were fighting for field position that game. Your opinion would have been different if the play would have went our way. Just saying

I could go on but I am not going to. In the end I want this guy on my team because he makes plays. He is not the only players making mistakes on the team in the loses and the wins this year there have been MANY.

Chad is nothing but consistent on Special teams and exciting to watch. 95% of the time he gets us field position and thats what makes him special. His heart and desire are what every team needs and wants. This guy plays like a 6'5'' 250 pound guy. This post would not have been made if Chad has 3-5 returns for TDs this year and we are 4-0 even and he still made those few mistakes, you know it and I know it.

Yes I am a huge Chad fan but I bet you he is more upset with himself then anyone else including all of us here on the forum, with his mishaps. The guy is nothing but heart and I had the opportunity to see that live in one of his football camps in Kauai Hawaii. He wants to win he wants to take it to the house every single time and I think he believes he can do it, which is what I admire and love about his play. That's what this team needs.

I have said what I needed to Thanks......Flame Away!!!!!!!!!!!
    No need to flame, my friend. All that you have said is absolutely correct IMO. Bravo!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee19 View Post
    Let me start by saying I was a Chad Owens fan before he became a fan favourite before the fame and glory. Also I don't post here a lot but I feel like I have to now.

I will admit and I am sure that Chad would to, those few mistakes this year he has made are uncalled for. With that being said I want to point of a few things.

1) Chad brought back excitement to the Argos (2010) when I think we needed it most. Was ahuge reason we made the playoffs.

2) No returns this year is attributed to the huge change of personnel on special teams. I think we miss Crawford a little more then we want to admit.

3)The Edmonton TD drop was tipped and he had to make a split second change with his hands and just wasn't fast enough. While we all think he should have caught it, if you ever played football or even catch you know that just a little touch of the ball can change it drastically. Just saying. We have seen MANY dropped passes this year by big name receivers Simon, Green, Dressler, Durie to name a few, it happens. Also about that game lets not forget the TD that was called back for a HOLD. Thas ok though go ahead it was ALL OWENS fault that game...SMH

4) There was a incomplete pass this past week I think it was the bc game (CAN anyone help me here). I don't recall who it was but the receiver caught the ball and took 3 solid steps and was hit and the ball dropped out. Was ruled Incomplete by the BOOTH. That pass the Chad dropped that was called a fumble, well I watched it over and over again and based on the BC game play and the fewer steps Chad took should have been INCOMPLETE without a doubt.

5) The fumble on the punt was definitely a bad play. I still feel that there should have been a no yards there however it was really close. He was trying to get the flag for field position simply because the Argos were fighting for field position that game. Your opinion would have been different if the play would have went our way. Just saying

I could go on but I am not going to. In the end I want this guy on my team because he makes plays. He is not the only players making mistakes on the team in the loses and the wins this year there have been MANY.

Chad is nothing but consistent on Special teams and exciting to watch. 95% of the time he gets us field position and thats what makes him special. His heart and desire are what every team needs and wants. This guy plays like a 6'5'' 250 pound guy. This post would not have been made if Chad has 3-5 returns for TDs this year and we are 4-0 even and he still made those few mistakes, you know it and I know it.

Yes I am a huge Chad fan but I bet you he is more upset with himself then anyone else including all of us here on the forum, with his mishaps. The guy is nothing but heart and I had the opportunity to see that live in one of his football camps in Kauai Hawaii. He wants to win he wants to take it to the house every single time and I think he believes he can do it, which is what I admire and love about his play. That's what this team needs.

I have said what I needed to Thanks......Flame Away!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like Ravi, I too agree 100%. As I mentioned elsewhere, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to be miserable about.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    To me if you look at all the personal changes we had over the last year i'm amazed it only took 1 game for most of the team to click together. With Rickey Ray alone it feels like we can beat anyone now where last year we were lucky not to be beat by everyone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Some of Owens defenders on this board are much more emotional than analytical...in sports, they don't realize that the motto is, "what have you done for me lately," and not, "what have you done for me in the past."

If they don't think good players eventually get cut in this league....talk to Antonio Warren, Kelvin Anderson and even Avon Cobourne who was cut before training camp in Hamilton but was only brought back because of a TC injury.

I for one, don't think Owens should be cut, but if he keeps fumbling then his value to the Argos would not even benefit them via the trade route.

Quote Originally Posted by Argoscflguy View Post
    . To bad that fumbling the ball is probably the worst weakness a player can have!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, but according to some it should be tolerated because he tries hard...which makes absolutely no sense, because it implies that other players who are innefective because they fumble are not trying...totally ridiculous.

If Owens is one of your favourite players and you give him the benefit of the doubt still, that's fine...but just say so....I don't want to read BS about the guy trying hard, because it implies other guys don't and that can't be proven.

The guy is a football player, he's not a god and when football players become ineffective and possibly detrimental, then there usually dealt with...talk to all the best coaches, they'll tell you the same thing....Matthews and Bouno had no qualms about cutting a player who was deemed untouchable in the past and they are the 2 winningest coaches. 2 of the guys I mentioned in the previous post were cut by Bouno, and Matthews used to also cut guys once he found a better replacement that was more reliable.

When the Argos were winning in the 80's, they cut good players that were fan favourites and I didn't always agree with it...talk to Zac Henderson or Paul Bennett and they'll tell you....these tough decisions sometimes need to be made by coaches, but we've got a couple of guys who post here who think it's unfathomable to even criticize any player on the Argos...that's ridiculous.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    The guy has had one legit fumble. That one with his knee on the turf in Hamilton wasn't a f'ing fumble. The guy gives us instand field position on almost every return. I don't understand how anyone could want him cut after 4 games when they kept stiffs like Bishop and Lemon waaaay to long. I obviously have no issue with ripping players but if anything you use Owens as just a returner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The guy has had one legit fumble. That one with his knee on the turf in Hamilton wasn't a f'ing fumble. The guy gives us instand field position on almost every return. I don't understand how anyone could want him cut after 4 games when they kept stiffs like Bishop and Lemon waaaay to long. I obviously have no issue with ripping players but if anything you use Owens as just a returner.
    I like Owens, but he has had a few slip away from his fingers lately without even being touched. It's funny that you mention the Hamilton fumble as not being legit, while others bring up the one late last game and say that it should have been called no yards. There'd be no need for none of this debate if he just hangs onto the ball.
    I hope we don't see another fumble for the rest of the season from him, or for at least the next 100 - 150 touches, then you can say, that's bound to happen when you get your hands on the ball that many times...but as of now, it's been a little too frequent.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    True enough. The guy just needs to relax if that's the right word to use. He's already running before he's got the ball tucked or caught. I forgot about the no yards. How the hell was that not called. You see returners have the ball hit them and get the call all the time. That one was very obvious to everyone but the officials.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I watched the Montreal game and saw SJ Green and Richardson both drop some easy catchable balls so should they be cut?? Every player will have the drops its happens. Lets see how Chad bounces back, he tends to have great games against Montreal IIRC.

I would love to see the stats on when he fumbles the ball. Is it when we are down or tied or in the lead?? Mind games are huge in players and who knows maybe his though process is I need to score for us to win or get back in the game or take the lead, who knows. Just a thought.

I still believe that our ST needs to gel a little bit more and once this happens we will see Chad taking the returns further down field and even for TD's.

Having him full time on offence may be a bad idea simply because he goes full speed every single down, however he poses a huge threat on the field at all times. Maybe rotate him in and out will Rambo or Mann when ready or if they can get either of them in the game.

Maybe Chad needs to go back to his roots and implement the Shaka dance into the pre game warmup. Imagine guys like Foley McCune JJ Huntley Kuale Owens and the others doing this. I know I would be a little intimidated LOL.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Chad fumbled the ball in Hamilton with the Argos down 7-0, but Hamilton subsequently scored on that drive and went up 14-0. Prefontaine ultimately ended up overshadowing Chad, however. I think the Argos were up 11-10 or down 13-11 when Owens had his first fumble and were up 18-16 when he got his second fumble, but don't quote me on that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argos have a knack for having this revolving door of talent. You need guys who can be a face for the franchise. The Argos lack recognition because they don't keep guys around long enough. I don't get the mentality from some of the fans when they say "he's had a few fumbles, get rid of him". Ive seen kids going crazy for Chad in the End zone seats when he does his MJ moves or Hawaiian hand jestures. This kind of stuff is pretty important to the the Argos as an organization, not just what he provides on the field. He's done way too much in 3 seasons to call for his head on a platter, lets give the guy a break and let him fine tune his performance as the season wears on. We are 2-2 here, no need to ship anyone off at this point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    The Argos have a knack for having this revolving door of talent. You need guys who can be a face for the franchise. The Argos lack recognition because they don't keep guys around long enough. I don't get the mentality from some of the fans when they say "he's had a few fumbles, get rid of him". Ive seen kids going crazy for Chad in the End zone seats when he does his MJ moves or Hawaiian hand jestures. This kind of stuff is pretty important to the the Argos as an organization, not just what he provides on the field. He's done way too much in 3 seasons to call for his head on a platter, lets give the guy a break and let him fine tune his performance as the season wears on. We are 2-2 here, no need to ship anyone off at this point.
    Thank-You!! I agree with this for sure.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Well said!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Like most have said, Chad is the man.
    Sometimes high reward does have the higher risk tag attached to it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I kinda like the idea of reducing his role on offence...yes..owens was a star on a crappy team...now that the overall talent has improved his role should be adjusted accordingly...

That said, i agree he is a talent, has potential, and is a welcome face...give the kid some time, and he just might be that "face of the argonauts" that LLB, and angelo, talk about above...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    I kinda like the idea of reducing his role on offence...yes..owens was a star on a crappy team...now that the overall talent has improved his role should be adjusted accordingly...

That said, i agree he is a talent, has potential, and is a welcome face...give the kid some time, and he just might be that "face of the argonauts" that LLB, and angelo, talk about above...
    I have no problem with giving him a breather here and there on offence. That may be not only for the better of the team, but also the prolonging of his career. Having said that, he is 7th in the league in receiving yardage. Not bad when you have 2 teammates in the top 7.