Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Let's not sound like the women's soccer team by complaining that these calls never get made, but why are they against us? It was a penalty, it was unfortunate that a call like that ruined a goal line stand, but it's been typical of the penalties that this team has taken with some of the same personel from last season. Coaches should be stressing at all times during practice, and they probably do, especially to the imports who grew up playing in the states that you must lineup a yard off the ball on defence....There's really no excuse for it, and if you make one for them, then you're setting up your players to lose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Let's not sound like the women's soccer team by complaining that these calls never get made, but why are they against us? It was a penalty, it was unfortunate that a call like that ruined a goal line stand, but it's been typical of the penalties that this team has taken with some of the same personel from last season. Coaches should be stressing at all times during practice, and they probably do, especially to the imports who grew up playing in the states that you must lineup a yard off the ball on defence....There's really no excuse for it, and if you make one for them, then you're setting up your players to lose.
    It's very unfortunate..especially when considering the ball went to the other side, and the offside players had nothing to do with the play.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    My first chance to comment on yesterday's fiasco, our worst game of the year.
    The loss can strictly fall on the shoulders of Ricky who had his worst game of the year.
    It reminded me of the Cleo disaster when dink and dunk underneath for little or no game were the basis of the offense.
    I think there was maybe one throw downfield for Owens in the second half with a 25 yard gain or so.
    There was no attacking in the zone defence of the Lions and while at the dome there were missed open receivers and with Ricky having the time but failing to read.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    You don't think the horrid performance by the offensive line had anything to do with the loss?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The loss can strictly fall on the shoulders of Ricky who had his worst game of the year.
    It reminded me of the Cleo disaster when dink and dunk underneath for little or no game were the basis of the offense.
    I think there was maybe one throw downfield for Owens in the second half with a 25 yard gain or so.
    There was no attacking in the zone defence of the Lions and while at the dome there were missed open receivers and with Ricky having the time but failing to read.
    A.T., I can't agree with you stating yesterdays game was a fiasco. In 2 of the 3 phases of the game, the Argos were excellent. Special teams coverage was the best I had seen all year. The additions of Boulay & Spencer have paid off, & having a healthy kicker who can kickoff to the 5 yard line is a luxury. The defence is arguably the best in the league. They have only been together for 1/3 of the season & already are dominant. Lulay & Co really had no answers.

It seems this year the offence struggles with zone defences. That has to change. Give BC credit for harassing RR all day long, they will do that to other teams as well as the season goes on. I am excited about the 2012 Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    It's those plays that should NEVER happen just like the lazy offsides in hockey that drive me nuts. It's preety easy to look down and see where your feet are unless you have double vision and see two lines. haha.
    It is all about discipline for sure.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    RR and Co were bad, but what kept me and the crowd going was the fact that the defence were able to keep us in the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I agree with you on all points here, Gill. BTW, I am already sick and tired about the pity party for the women's soccer team. As we know in football, no game is decided by one (or even a few) questionable officiating calls as there are always mistakes that the players make throughout the game which have much more impact. Suck it up and take responsibility for the loss! I am sure that is what the Argo coaches and players are doing.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wow...Once again you fail to understand what is needed to be successful in football AT. As you have done for the last 2 years, you have put the entire focus on the QB when things don't work out. There was no time at all to throw down field yesterday. Pretty much everyone on here has acknowledged that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I agree with you on all points here, Gill. BTW, I am already sick and tired about the pity party for the women's soccer team. As we know in football, no game is decided by one (or even a few) questionable officiating calls as there are always mistakes that the players make throughout the game which have much more impact. Suck it up and take responsibility for the loss! I am sure that is what the Argo coaches and players are doing.
    C'mon Ravi. I agree with you 99.99% of time on here, but we've all complained about a call here and there which has cost the Argos a game or 2 in the past. The women's team has reason to be upset. Now, if it wouldn't have been such a huge upset had Canada won, then I don't think it would be as big an issue. This team played the game of their lives, and in the end, got screwed.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Canada played their butts off and why wouldn't they be upset. I'm not even a soccer fan and I couldn't believe the very one sided officiating. When your playing against your huge rival that you never beat and everytime you have them down some BS call helps them out. Sinclair showed the heart of a true champion. Have to admit I love womens soccer compaired to the sucky action in the mens game. The only stay down when they are really injured.
    Not sure why anyone takes observations as whining. Canada did indeed deserve a better fate.

How can Ray be blamed for not having anytime or tipped balls. This is what happens when you O line is growing together and you have pretty much a pylon qb. One of the best pocket passers ever but none the less sometimes with a rush like that crap happens. They are the professionals that have to work this stuff out. I'm just a guy that drinks great Vancouver Island Brewery Seadog Ale and watches. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Wow...Once again you fail to understand what is needed to be successful in football AT. As you have done for the last 2 years, you have put the entire focus on the QB when things don't work out. There was no time at all to throw down field yesterday. Pretty much everyone on here has acknowledged that.
    Sure he was being pressured and the O line was suspect.
    Having said that there were times that he did have enough time to throw but his reads were awful and that does not fall on the line.
    I was watching at the dome with the entire field being visible.
    There were open receivers and he failed to locate then going instead to the check off stuff.
    He failed to stretch the D and that my friend resulted in the D line and the various backs to play up and pin their ears by blitzing and the different schemes.
    In this instance the blame does fall fairly on the shoulders of RR.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I thought there was plenty of blame to go around in this poor offensive effort. Watching on TV I couldn't tell if receivers were getting open, but some of Ray's throws were obviously not great. I expected much tougher running from a rested Boyd; sure, he wasn't getting good lanes but on multiple occasions he was stopped in his tracks one-on-one. Milanovich/Himebauch didn't seem to adapt our strategy very effectively, either; you're not going to turn Ray into a roll out passer, but more screens and the occasional subbing in of a TE for blocking help could have been tried. Penalties all over the place obviously didn't help.

Am I mistaken or did Owens line up at WR several times yesterday? I thought we had concluded that he was more effective at slot.

Skilled defence is nice, but I watch football to see cleverly schemed, well-executed offense. There wasn't much of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    If you mention Boyd, it reminded me something. During the game it was obvious to me when we were going to run and when pass. Until the 4th quarter, almost all the time it was first down run, 2nd down pass. It was even obvious to the Lions because when it was time to pass they covered all the receivers very well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I thought there was plenty of blame to go around in this poor offensive effort. Watching on TV I couldn't tell if receivers were getting open, but some of Ray's throws were obviously not great. I expected much tougher running from a rested Boyd; sure, he wasn't getting good lanes but on multiple occasions he was stopped in his tracks one-on-one. Milanovich/Himebauch didn't seem to adapt our strategy very effectively, either; you're not going to turn Ray into a roll out passer, but more screens and the occasional subbing in of a TE for blocking help could have been tried. Penalties all over the place obviously didn't help.

Am I mistaken or did Owens line up at WR several times yesterday? I thought we had concluded that he was more effective at slot.

Skilled defence is nice, but I watch football to see cleverly schemed, well-executed offense. There wasn't much of that.
    I agree with you, watching the entire field as I mentioned, there were several times the receivers were either wide open or with a step on the coverage.
    Yes Ray was pressured, but no more then normal and he definitely missed several opportunities to go downfield and stretch the D, therein lies the key.
    The Lions played up front in the box and it made it easy for the linement and blitzing backs.
    Overall the poor effort and therefore the underneath crap schemes reminded me too often of last year.
    I would have thought yesterday anyway how Scott being a former QB, the OC for many years there would have been these obvious adjustments made at the half.
    Go figure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree with you, watching the entire field as I mentioned, there were several times the receivers were either wide open or with a step on the coverage.
    Yes Ray was pressured, but no more then normal and he definitely missed several opportunities to go downfield and stretch the D, therein lies the key.
    The Lions played up front in the box and it made it easy for the linement and blitzing backs.
    Overall the poor effort and therefore the underneath crap schemes reminded me too often of last year.
    I would have thought yesterday anyway how Scott being a former QB, the OC for many years there would have been these obvious adjustments made at the half.
    Go figure.
    Clearly you should be our offensive coordinator.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Milanovich/Himebauch didn't seem to adapt our strategy very effectively, either; you're not going to turn Ray into a roll out passer, but more screens and the occasional subbing in of a TE for blocking help could have been tried.
    It was suggested on the post-game show on TSN Radio that the Argos should have tried using slide protection and screens. BTW, don't forget that Himebauch is no longer with the Argos as he left last December or January for an NCAA position. Milanovich is doing the offensive coordinating himself (although I am sure that all offensive coaches have input).

Boatman
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdrive250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Yeah horrible loss yesterday, but relax now as we have a couple of weeks rest, regroup and lets get at it.
    Eddy

The only yardstick for success in our society, is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    BTW, don't forget that Himebauch is no longer with the Argos as he left last December or January for an NCAA position. Milanovich is doing the offensive coordinating himself
    You may consider that an acceptable excuse for Himebauch, but I'm not as easily mollified. He has been a disappointment from day one.

(In other words, thanks Ravi - I forgot)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Canada played their butts off and why wouldn't they be upset. I'm not even a soccer fan and I couldn't believe the very one sided officiating. When your playing against your huge rival that you never beat and everytime you have them down some BS call helps them out. Sinclair showed the heart of a true champion. Have to admit I love womens soccer compaired to the sucky action in the mens game. The only stay down when they are really injured.
    Not sure why anyone takes observations as whining. Canada did indeed deserve a better fate.
    Concur, and I'm an American. The Canadian women got screwed and Sinclair may have played the best individual women's game I've ever seen.