Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Level

Shipyard open during CNE?

Hey guys

I'm attending my first Argos game at BMO Field on Aug 20th when the Eskimos are in town.

As the CNE is on will the shipyard be open before the game?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Good question.
    I doubt it, but recommend you contact the Argonauts to confirm.

New Fan

Level
    Thanks Grey Dragon

I'll check directly with the Argos

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty74 View Post
    Hey guys

I'm attending my first Argos game at BMO Field on Aug 20th when the Eskimos are in town.

That's a good question, space will be at a premium. I can't see them setting up in the usual place but maybe in the bandstand area again like the second game. I can see a lot of non football people trying to get in there for the cheap beer, last time there I saw guys jumping over them fence/barriers to get in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Please let us know what they say.
    :-)

New Fan
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

Shipyard

CLARIFICATION - the tailgate has a capacity of 10 people per vehicle. Which means in order to get in, you need to know someone with a tailgate parking pass and who hasn't reached their 10 person limit. My apologies for the confusion.

Hey guys - Jamie from the Argos here. Forgive me, as this is my first post on this site, so I might mess up. But I wanted to try and provide with an answer about the Shipyard during the CNE. First I think it's important to point out that your tickets to the Argos game on the August 20 and August 31 games get you free admission to the CNE. We think that's a pretty great pre-game entertainment option. Plus you are right- due to the setup of the CNE - it would be very difficult to run the shipyard. So for those reasons, the Shipyard will be going on summer vacation and will be back for our labour day rematch against the Ticats.

If the CNE isn't your thing, the tailgate at Ontario Place will be open for all games and they have four dollar beers of course as well. You also can access it without a car if that's your preference.

For Friday's game, we will be opening a pregame FanFest at the Bandshell location - which is west of the stadium, behind Muzik night club. The same place it was located during the Indy.

if you guys have any questions - please feel free to reach out to me. And I will try to pop in here every so often and answer what I can.

Thanks for all of your support. JD
    Last edited by Jamiedykstra; 08-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks for the info Jaime!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I may add that Ribfest will be on throughout the entire CNE at that same bandshell location. Not a bad alternative.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiedykstra View Post
    Hey guys - Jamie from the Argos here. Forgive me, as this is my first post on this site, so I might mess up. But I wanted to try and provide with an answer about the Shipyard during the CNE. First I think it's important to point out that your tickets to the Argos game on the August 20 and August 31 games get you free admission to the CNE. We think that's a pretty great pre-game entertainment option. Plus you are right- due to the setup of the CNE - it would be very difficult to run the shipyard. So for those reasons, the Shipyard will be going on summer vacation and will be back for our labour day rematch against the Ticats.

If the CNE isn't your thing, the tailgate at Ontario Place will be open for all games and they have four dollar beers of course as well. You also can access it without a car if that's your preference.

For Friday's game, we will be opening a pregame FanFest at the Bandshell location - which is west of the stadium, behind Muzik night club. The same place it was located during the Indy.

if you guys have any questions - please feel free to reach out to me. And I will try to pop in here every so often and answer what I can.

Thanks for the info Jamie,

If you could please clarify...given the pregame fanfest you mentioned for this Friday, does this mean he Shipyard will not be open? I need to know since I have arranged to meet 4 other fellow fans at the Shipyard prior to the game so a change of plans may be necessary.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoDad View Post

If you could please clarify...given the pregame fanfest you mentioned for this Friday, does this mean he Shipyard will not be open? I need to know since I have arranged to meet 4 other fellow fans at the Shipyard prior to the game so a change of plans may be necessary.

"Plus you are right- due to the setup of the CNE - it would be very difficult to run the shipyard. So for those reasons, the Shipyard will be going on summer vacation and will be back for our labour day rematch against the Ticats".

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    "Plus you are right- due to the setup of the CNE - it would be very difficult to run the shipyard. So for those reasons, the Shipyard will be going on summer vacation and will be back for our labour day rematch against the Ticats".
    He's asking about this week not the games during the CNE.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoDad View Post

For the Ottawa game the shipyard pre game was moved to the CNE band shell area due to the Indy set up. I think Jamie means it will be the same for this game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiedykstra View Post

Thanks for that Jamie, I was under the impression that you needed to be associated with a vehicle to access the tailgate at Ontario Place, but if you can just walk in we'll probably head there.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    He's asking about this week not the games during the CNE.
    During the setup of the CNE.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    During the setup of the CNE.
    OP's questions was regarding the Shipyard during the CNE. The answer from Jaime was directed to that question. "Due to the setup of the CNE" does not equal "during the setup" or may not even mean the actual 'setting up process", depending on how you read it. And who knows when that setup even takes place.

Also the answer wasn't too specific on this week's game other than a Fanfest will be set up. That being said, it sounds like the Fanfest might be replacing the Shipyard. But clarification is needed.

No need to go all BOLD.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    OP's questions was regarding the Shipyard during the CNE. The answer from Jaime was directed to that question. "Due to the setup of the CNE" does not equal "during the setup" or may not even mean the actual 'setting up process", depending on how you read it. And who knows when that setup even takes place.

Also the answer wasn't too specific on this week's game other than a Fanfest will be set up. That being said, it sounds like the Fanfest might be replacing the Shipyard. But clarification is needed.

No need to go all BOLD.
    It was clear to me ... even in bold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    How can anyone think the OP was asking about this week's game? His question was precisely worded:

The CNE is on during the Aug. 20 game, cct? So the response from Jamie answered the question that was asked.

As for Jamie's statement about the "setup of the CNE," I agree it could be confusing but I am pretty confident he meant "the way the CNE is set up on the grounds," not "when the CNE is being set up on the grounds," since it will already have been "set up" by the time the Aug. 20 game rolls around.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. For this Friday, we will be opening a FanFest at the bandshell, and the shipyard at the hotel x will not be open. It may seem trivial, but we are not calling the FanFest at bandshell park the shipyard. We want people to know that when the shipyard is open its at hotel x/the barracks. Both are great pregame options but they are different. Hopefully that makes sense. See you guys tomorrow.

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Ontario Place Tailgate - all, to clarify - the tailgate has a limit of 10 People per car. So in order to access it without a car, you will need to know someone with a tailgate pass and they will have to be able to accommodate you with their limit of 10
    People. My apologies for screwing that up.

Achievements:
    Level
    Not sure if it's just me but I preferred the setup and location of the FanFest over the usual Shipyard. This just felt more authentic over the Shipyard, which to me seems a bit too artificial.