Level
    Anyone else gonna sell greycup tix? looks like argos wont be in it

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    wow wtf.. I thought the outright release of Lemon last year before Jyles had even played a game was bad... As fans of this team we deserve an explanation... there is no way that releasing Boyd makes the team better! FIRE Jim Barker... I can only take so much as a fan! I love my Argos, but hate how they have run this team lately.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Moves like these really hurt the CFL. When did an MLB team release their leading hitter outright during the season? When is the last time an NHL team cut ties with their leading scorer in the same fashion. Perhaps moves like these are why the media perceives the CFL as second tier
    To release their best and arguably most popular player, in this their most important season ever, could be (and maybe probably should be) the final nail in the coffin of this sad franchise that I love.

New Fan
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:

Level
    I know I don't post much, his release is not a complete shock to me, what Cory Boyd does well - run down hill, go through people with a head of steam, get that 2 yards when you need 2 yards - is not what this offense is about. They need a guy that can make people miss in the open field and explode past defenders to pick up extra yards.

The last few games Ray has been feeding Boyd hitch/release passes to the outside in space in a one on one battle with the first defender. How many times has he made that defender miss and pick up YAC yards? Normally they tackle him for a few yards gain and stop the drive or make it second and long.

In Montreal its all about one on one match-ups especially in the flats. We have seen Colburne and Whitaker pick up first downs on 3 yard dump passes for many years now and Milanivic wants to do that here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Durie switch to RB and to see a guy like Rambo or Mann take his place at receiver.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Moves like these really hurt the CFL. When did an MLB team release their leading hitter outright during the season? When is the last time an NHL team cut ties with their leading scorer in the same fashion. Perhaps moves like these are why the media perceives the CFL as second tier....interesting comments by Murph.....
    i actually like this kind of drama when teams release their best players midway through a season...makes it more exciting

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To release their best and arguably most popular player, in this their most important season ever, could be (and maybe probably should be) the final nail in the coffin of this sad franchise that I love.
    No player is bigger than the team. This move was requested by the coaching staff. Maybe they are bringing in Joffrey Reynolds. They obviously have a plan. Give them at least a couple weeks to show their hand.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't think the team will sink as a result of this shocking transaction...don't blame Barker for this. Do you not think Milanovich & the coaches did not discuss this at length before Barker made the announcement? One man did not make this move.

Boatman
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    does this mean Chad Kackert will start?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKEARS View Post
    does this mean Chad Kackert will start?
    Kackert does seem like the style of RB Milanovich is used to having....there are no other import RB on the roster right now...will Gerald Riggs Jr return?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoriffic View Post
    I know I don't post much, his release is not a complete shock to me, what Cory Boyd does well - run down hill, go through people with a head of steam, get that 2 yards when you need 2 yards - is not what this offense is about. They need a guy that can make people miss in the open field and explode past defenders to pick up extra yards.

The last few games Ray has been feeding Boyd hitch/release passes to the outside in space in a one on one battle with the first defender. How many times has he made that defender miss and pick up YAC yards? Normally they tackle him for a few yards gain and stop the drive or make it second and long.

In Montreal its all about one on one match-ups especially in the flats. We have seen Colburne and Whitaker pick up first downs on 3 yard dump passes for many years now and Milanivic wants to do that here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Durie switch to RB and to see a guy like Rambo or Mann take his place at receiver.
    That's what I see or possibly Kackert or even maybe Reynolds who Jones and Barker have a relationship with... There is no reason not to trust that coaching staff at this point.

Similar things were said when some vets were released on defense and the team actually improved...

Kackert does seem like the style of RB Milanovich is used to having....there are no other import RB on the roster right now...will Gerald Riggs Jr return?
    Riggs is even less of the typical back used in this type of offense.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If he was a problem why would you bring him back this year? At times he has looked slow to get going when he had passes dropped into his lap as he stood still in the flat but he's still the leading rusher. How do you not figure this out in training camp?
    Now you have Kackert and no one else. Do you think they drag Riggs back and will he come?

They better not be bringing in Renolds who's up to his arse in legal serious legal issues.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 08-12-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    "
    Man, my Life just took a huge 360 turn....Bless up to God," Boyd tweeted following the Argos' announcement.
    He must mean a 180 LOL

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRoYoBoat View Post
    "

He must mean a 180 LOL
    Maybe they resigned him

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not happy about this move at all. On top of being a great player, Boyd is front and center in all community events the Argos do. In fact, there he was this week for the little party theyt did for the 100th Grey Cup. To me it's pretty classless to ask him to do that and cut him 3 days later.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Well according to Barker this was purely a football decision.
    Boyd is not a good receiver and that is essential in Milanovich's offense.
    Durie is a exactly the type of running back that fits in this offense and depending on the moves it might even allow a ratio swing. Something that is needed after Waters taking over from Prefontaine.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Unless he pulled a Cleo Lemon and called out everyone in the dressing and coaches and was a total ass I can't understand this at all. WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THEY FIGURE THIS OUT IN CAMP????? Who else do they bring in now other than an older guy wiuth legal troubles like Renolds who some have mentioned.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Unless he pulled a Cleo Lemon and called out everyone in the dressing and coaches and was a total ass I can't understand this at all. WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THEY FIGURE THIS OUT IN CAMP????? Who else do they bring in now other than an older guy wiuth legal troubles like Renolds who some have mentioned.
    Reynolds is not on his way to Toronto....someone will be brought in as depth, I would assume....it seems in the CFL you can just sign a FA to replace a star player....that looks bad in my opinion.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    This looks so bad and unprofessional and surely we hurt more than help getting people down to the dome. Hope someone gives Cory a shot. He may fit a system with a good O line where he can run wild. I'd hate this to be the end of his career in the CFL.
    Watch him come back and burn us.

Just looked up the CFL rushing stats and he had two over 100 yard games. No other back has more than one. Winnipeg has the worst running stats with no back rushing for over 100 in a game. Will the Peg give him a shot?
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 08-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This looks so bad and unprofessional and surely we hurt more than help getting people down to the dome. Hope someone gives Cory a shot. He may fit a system with a good O line where he can run wild. I'd hate this to be the end of his career in the CFL.
    Watch him come back and burn us.

Just looked up the CFL rushing stats and he had two over 100 yard games. No other back has more than one. Winnipeg has the worst running stats with no back rushing for over 100 in a game. Will the Peg give him a shot?
    Doubt it. Simpson is very good, team is just plain bad and Mack is cheap... Boyd will clear waiver then might get some low offers from one of Calgary, Edmonton or Saskatchewan. A north-south runner is nice to have in bad weather out west late in the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    i don't buy that at all. recall that he negotiated his own deal after his rookie year and got less $ than many of us thought he could command. i remember the precise figures... it wasn't so much for a star RB at all.
    He was making something like $95k per year which is low for a running back of his stature. I recall that KCArgofan was concerned that Boyd was being taken advantage of.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force