Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Very lacklustre offence on display by the Argos; dink & dunk passing game mostly with zero faith in a ground game - i guess that is going to be Millanovich's MO - Ray might be able to pull it off with a solid O-Line AND a good receiving corps - neither available to this Argo team (Inman looking good though). BUT - kudos to that solid Esks' D (that JC Sherritt is IMO the best D player in the CFL - all over the place making plays - reminds me a bit of Willie Pless = small stature LB but quick, smart and a real nose for the ball).

Better coached team won and deserved it tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    NBC Sports reaches over 80 million U.S. households, according to the CFL news release (the Argos game is on both SD and HD networks). On average there are about 3 people per household. TSN reaches 10 million households in Canada. You add all them up and the potential audience is over 270 million (not including ESPN3, RDS2, internet, neighbours & friends that drop by, multiple viewers in bars, satellite feeds, etc).
    Its based on households, not how many people are living or watching in the house. The CFL will be lucky if they get 150,000 watching on NBC Sports.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Very lacklustre offence on display by the Argos; dink & dunk passing game mostly with zero faith in a ground game - i guess that is going to be Millanovich's MO - Ray might be able to pull it off with a solid O-Line AND a good receiving corps - neither available to this Argo team (Inman looking good though). BUT - kudos to that solid Esks' D (that JC Sherritt is IMO the best D player in the CFL - all over the place making plays - reminds me a bit of Willie Pless = small stature LB but quick, smart and a real nose for the ball).

Better coached team won and deserved it tonight.
    Unfortunately, I agree. I'm still puzzled why we didn't kick the FG with 1:30 to go?

Our OL problems are still very apparent. When I saw Parenteau was starting, I thought, "uh-oh."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    And why throw deep to a very well covered receiver on third down? A least make a higher percentage play to get the first down.

Bad game. Bad decisions. Edmonton executed better.

The Argos made Kerry freaking Joseph look good. Geeeeeesh.......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Because if they kicked the field goal Edmonton takes the ball at the 35 and runs out the clock.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    1. a FG is useless without an onside kick and TD to follow...
    2. go for the TD and get the major out of the way, then get an onside kick and go for a 50+ yard FG
    3. Waters already missed a FG and looked off tonight.
    4. Kerry Joseph IS good. Don't forget he's won the grey cup and the MOP. His best days are long since gone, but coming in off the bench he's one of the top 2 or 3 backups in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    OV said it - Edmonton was better coached, and executed their game plan. They aren't going to "wow" anyone with their offence. They will do enough to let their defense win the game. That's what they did.

Milanovich also helped with a poor decision on third down.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    it sure wasn't... Ray was BRUTAL tonight, by far and way his worst game as an Argo.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I'd take the field goal personally. At very least, I'd try something other than basically a Hail Mary. A first down was key.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Because if they kicked the field goal Edmonton takes the ball at the 35 and runs out the clock.
    I don't know about that... I wouldn't have taken the FG either but with the time remaining and a time out, a 2 and out is probably a higher percentage then an onside kick.

agreed, he should have just tried to run for the 1st down... it was 4 freakin yards... you don't have to go for it all at once.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It scares me that we are, for all intents and purposes, halfway through the season. Lots of challenges for this Argos team. Some of the questions that were there at the start of the season (OL, REC, NI) are still there.

The defense is stellar. I think we would all like to see more sacks, but overall the scheme has been solid. Edmonton beat them tonight by beating the LB's (when the LB played tight to defend the run the Esks threw short and behind the LB, plus a couple of missed assignments on blitzes left RB open to convert 2nd downs. Well done by Crandell in scheming).

The specials are improving a lot. I thought Waters had a substandard game tonight. It happens. But O'Shea has done coach of the year job with the specials (good luck in Winnipeg next year Coach O'Shea. We will miss you.....lol).

The maddening thing is we expected more from the offence. Especially when they have had time to prepare, like they did tonight. Ever since the second half of the Als game it has been tough to watch.

Too many stupid penalties too, like offsides. Terrible. Those are signs of attention to detail that fall at the coaches feet.

Fg with 90 seconds, and a timeout left, is plenty. Esks were going to be hard pressed to run the clock out with that much time left.

In the NFL - yes. Not in our game.

Kick the fg, get the ball back for a chance to drive for TE win.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I was shocked by how simplistic our D looked in the fourth quarter. Pressure is great, but when three rushers come free and start pursuing the QB you know something bad is going to happen. And it did, several times.

On O, this was Barnes' last game as a starter; Rambo will probably take his spot. I think we might also find a way to dress Mann next week too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It's days l these that make me glad that I live out on the left coast and can't spend my money on this team. I would be peeved if I paid cash to watch this product. Last two home games have been brutal, and no incentive to come back and buy more tickets.

Wobbler - who comes out? Barnes- yes. Then who? Williams?

Sorry, to finish my post - to put Rambo and Mann in there 2 imports need to come out. Barnes has been disappointing.

Can't take Inman out. Ditto Owens.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    Sorry, to finish my post - to put Rambo and Mann in there 2 imports need to come out. Barnes has been disappointing.

Can't take Inman out. Ditto Owens.
    Rambo is a few games away from being ready - according to one of the commentators tonight; Mann is a Barnes lite; Watt had zero passes directed his way till the last drive - seems like Ray or the OC have no use for him; time for a shake-up in the receiving corps; Bradwell should get a shot as a starting slotback IMO - but he lacks something on his resume; who else is available on the roster to try at receiver?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The receiving corps is a mess. The only other option is Demario Ballard, and he is an unknown.

Time to check the NFL waiver wire?

Trades? And if so what is out there?

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    in rays defense he was hounded all night but he also throw some bad passes . i may get hounded but i would not of minded seeing jackson in for a bit just so Ray get get a look see from the bench something i thought our QB coach was doing.Ray has been pulled from games before

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I had the same thought about giving Jackson a series. More to see if he could make something happen with his legs, or to use his stronger arm to challenge with a deep ball (depending if the OL could afford the time to go deep.....).

I also loved the decision to do something other than QB sneak when Jackson was in there, and bingo - touchdown!!!

Can't argue with letting Ray stay in there. You have to give him a chance to compete, and he did. He's earned the benefit of the doubt.

Not a bad thought though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Definitely blew a chance to gain some ground and put some separation between them and the Ticats before a crucial home and home. We need more TD's!!!!!!!!!!!! is this offence capable of finishing off more than 2 drives a game???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    at least the ice cream i had from the counter in section 119 was good...

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    (i) 156 rushing yards against I believe, the Argos were averaging about 90 against. Their o-line opened holes and our d-line couldn't respond. I hate Hugh Charles because of that backflip!

(ii) I don't know how many times I counted that the Argos were *this* close to sacking Joseph and he got the ball off just in time, also that deep throw to Stamps, you couldn't ask for much better coverage but...

(iii) As poorly as the Argos played it seemed like everything worked Edmonton's way tonight and nothing for the Argos.

(iv) Receiving corps has to be looked at, I'm sorry but Andre Durie has got to cut it out with the drops. I've been noticing this over the last couple of weeks, he may be Canadian, but he needs to improve. Barnes is useless and someone called Mann Barnes-lite, but I think at this point we at least got to see. Problem is that Mann is an WR instead of an SB right? Can't take Inman out because he's actually the one bright spot and the wide-side might be ill-suited for Mann.

(v) The o-line stinks! I'm sorry, but Barker went out and signed a bunch of back-up OL and expected them to do the job? This is one area we need to improve either through NFL cuts or other means.

(vi) Ricky Ray's INT were pretty bad as well.

(vii) Not one of Carroll's better 60 minutes, but I think he's been pretty good overall this year.

Overall a terrible effort!

This team basically needs to figure out what it is. They are 4-4 with all 8 games being within +/- 10 points. The offense scored 39 points against Calgary and hasn't scored more than 27 since! Something needs to give...
    Last edited by Will; 08-28-2012 at 12:00 AM.