Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricky Foley

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    After last night's game, I think the Argos should really consider shopping Foley for some o-line help. The crowd last night was brutal towards Ray, but I don't see what he could possibly have done with many instances of less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. It's pretty clear that Foley is not helping the D right now. In fact, I would say that Lee has had more QB pressures in the 10 or so snaps he's played this season than Foley has had.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Oh Foley played last night? I'd love to see more Lee. Maybehe could be our JC Sheritt. Man that guy has to be the best player in the league with what he's doing. He's all over the field and great to watch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Do you want the coaches to better explain things to Foley or do you want Foley to be allowed to do whatever he wants? I know that I would rather see Foley get one sack on the season and have the Argos win the Grey Cup than for him to get 15 sacks and the Argos not win the Grey Cup.
    Funny thing is that I think the Argos would have a better chance at winning the Grey Cup if Foley gets 15 sacks throughout the season.

The defence was not that great at home to Edmonton and imo gave up to many easy yards and easy plays because they are not pinning their ears back enough and sending Foley in. We got beat by Kerry Joseph for fcuksakes, so it's not as if the pass coverage was working. I'd rather see Foley attempt to make sacks and force QB's to release the ball earlier than see QB's not as pressured and leaving the secondary vulnerable to big plays as they were Monday night...Better Foley making a mistake and missing a sack 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage, than Carroll making a mistake and getting P/I penalties amounting to greater yards....You see, I think they co-relate. Why can't a good pass rush support a good pass defense. It worked so well in BC with Wake and Foley, why would some hybrid or combination not work here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Funny thing is that I think the Argos would have a better chance at winning the Grey Cup if Foley gets 15 sacks throughout the season.

The defence was not that great at home to Edmonton and imo gave up to many easy yards and easy plays because they are not pinning their ears back enough and sending Foley in. We got beat by Kerry Joseph for fcuksakes, so it's not as if the pass coverage was working. I'd rather see Foley attempt to make sacks and force QB's to release the ball earlier than see QB's not as pressured and leaving the secondary vulnerable to big plays as they were Monday night...Better Foley making a mistake and missing a sack 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage, than Carroll making a mistake and getting P/I penalties amounting to greater yards....You see, I think they co-relate. Why can't a good pass rush support a good pass defense. It worked so well in BC with Wake and Foley, why would some hybrid or combination not work here.
    Funny thing is, the Lions didn't win the Grey Cup until both Wake and Foley were gone.

I think Foley is a good player, but I don't think he will be a 15 sack guy, no matter how much they let him freelance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Foley was on the BC Lions roster when they won it vs Montral at Winnipeg in 2006.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Foley was on the BC Lions roster when they won it vs Montral at Winnipeg in 2006.
    Yes, but he was not a starter and had all of 2 tackles and 0 sacks. My point was that B.C. didn't win anything while he was freelancing and racking up sack totals. He needs to stop worrying about sack totals and buy in to the team concept and I'm not saying that he hasn't), or else he is totally useless.
    There is one thing that some people might need to consider about Foley,--other than his breakout season of 12 sacks in 2009, his highest total came last year with 6. Maybe people are expecting too much from him. His 2009 season may have only been the result of teams worrying about the other bookend on that team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    After last night's game, I think the Argos should really consider shopping Foley for some o-line help. The crowd last night was brutal towards Ray, but I don't see what he could possibly have done with many instances of less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. It's pretty clear that Foley is not helping the D right now. In fact, I would say that Lee has had more QB pressures in the 10 or so snaps he's played this season than Foley has had.
    Sounds good to me. Anything to upgrade the o-line I'm in favor of.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I say Barker should just cut him because that's the way he rolls.haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Yes, but he was not a starter and had all of 2 tackles and 0 sacks. My point was that B.C. didn't win anything while he was freelancing and racking up sack totals. He needs to stop worrying about sack totals and buy in to the team concept and I'm not saying that he hasn't), or else he is totally useless.
    There is one thing that some people might need to consider about Foley,--other than his breakout season of 12 sacks in 2009, his highest total came last year with 6. Maybe people are expecting too much from him. His 2009 season may have only been the result of teams worrying about the other bookend on that team.

Foley also led ALL CFL D-Linemen in tackles just last year - and by a wide margin; so he's been a top pass rusher/ sack leader in the league and also led in another defensive category; he's proven to be a top play-making defender in the CFL; hopefully he can find a good/better role or way with this Argo D - and maybe the whole unit continues to gel - but the Argos' D needs a top pass rusher; and i believe Foley could be that guy and they should maybe, IMO, think of some looks that favor his quickness and pass rush ability.