Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
From my understanding, the team has offered him an extension at double his salary. Essentially, his bluff has been called again from my perspective.He wanted out of his contract to go try this NFL opportunity, complained about the money as the root cause and since this extension really exposes that, he’s somewhat stuck (again).

That being said I’m 100% ok with him doing whatever he feels best here, however I don’t think the Argos have played it incorrectly either. Do I think his value goes down if he sits out? 100% - however it’s his call to make if he thinks that’s the right answer.

Anyhow, interesting to see how this one plays out. Whereas for a clown like Victor Butler, good riddance.

Problem with this scenario from his perspective is that it will bind him to the Argos for an additional year. If he really has his sights set on the NFL, he would be better off to finish his original contract then be free to try in 2019. If he was just trying to get more money out of the Argos, and bluffing the NFL interest, then he needs to consider of 100k is worth it. IMO, he's a better all around back than every other back in the league not named Harris, and shouldn't bind himself to 2 years at half of Harris' salary.

I really just hope things work out and we get at least 1 more season of him in double blue.