Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
Friday on the Rod Peterson Show, Rod and some of his guests were saying the CFL should stop asking th Canadian Government for money and go to the NFL. That 150 million the CFL needs would be about 5 mil per NFL team, or chicken feed for them.

The 2018 year income for the NFL shows they received about 15 Billion in TV rights. On top of that they have their ticket sales, licensing rights, corporate sponsorships etc. Gambling is the next big thing they will be getting a cut of.

Green Bay had a 2018 total income of 455 million. Dallas the richest team had according to Forbes, 864 Million

The NFL does not want to see the CFL go down, and I don't think they will stand by and let it happen. But, I'm still a little suspicious of the very public ask of 150 Million. They had to know the public backlash would be severe. I don't for one minute think Randy is flying by the seat of his pants making all the decisions
Anyone who thinks the NFL won't see a revenue reduction because of COVID-19 is dreaming. The entire world, and virtually every business, is affected by this. The NFL may be able to protect its TV revenues this year but it, like every other league, is going to see a sharp reduction in gate revenue. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the NFL to help the CFL, or even to care if the CFL goes out of business. Not happening.