Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
I think there needs to be a conversation about the Argos fan base. Is the City not working? Would Durham be better? Peel? Someone on an Argos Facebook group begged the question if Toronto is perhaps too white collar and that the Ticats appear to do better with being more blue collar. An interesting question. What is MLSE doing? Are they investing in marketing? Would it help? Pumping money into an MBT ad campaign would do little anyways IMO. The only issue is how these articles are written. Writers like Cox aren't really looking at the situation seriously, nor care to put any thought and research into his work. And it's written in a snarky tone and seems like the Argos folding is what he wishes for.

Even 3DN had a dumb article written from the Stamps fan who said travelling to BMO by traffic is a mess. Which is obvious given the size and population, however I started to drive to BMO vs GO and TTC, as its actually more convenient coming from Mississauga, but GO and TTC are still very good alternatives. The writer totally missed the point and it just seemed like a lazily written article. Imagine driving in Ottawa and Montreal from the suburbs to catch a game? It may actually be worse, but its cool to attack the Argos. I just don't think much research goes into any of these discussions and the original author isn't actually interested in finding answers. Rather than having the discussion, what's wrong in Toronto, they'd rather just take a shot at the team and see the haters pile on.
I don't think the Argos are a lost cause in the city. The team needs to do a better job of convincing people to buy tickets. I guess Bobby Ackles of the Lions is a once in a lifetime type of guy, but he was able to do it in BC under Braley who we know wouldn't lift a finger to bring in crowds other than sign his check book (not that I'm taking that lightly). Ackles worked so hard to re-build the base in Vancouver and unfortunately when he passed away, the momentum was gone. Toronto definitely needs someone that can at least attempt to do what Ackles did.