Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
Maybe he was, maybe not. Ford last season had trouble throwing the intermediate routes into the hole. He had 1 such pass last night, and it was picked (Suitor tried to partially blame the receiver, but it was a bad throw behind him). Ford threw a beautiful deep ball, but as a QB, a 1 on 1 coverage deep post, is one of your easier throws. Throwing into windows against a zone is what sets passers apart. Not saying Ford will not get really good at it, but like I said, it's where he struggled passing last year too. I just hope he gets the ball the rest of the year and an opportunity to develop. He is an amazing athlete who with more experience will turn into a really good QB.

More playing time opportunity should make him better - obviously - but he has the arm strength (his passing stats in U Sports ball were good to outstanding - not like he was just a running QB), and needs more playing time. Watching the game tonight, Ford IMO has a superior passing arm and decision making with throws compared to the likes of Caleb Evans or Dolagala, or that rookie guy the Ticats have trotted out lately; not to mention a stiff like Dom Davis.
;
I could see a scenario where this garbage EE team is blown up and then maybe a new staff does not value Tre Ford and he is put back to 3rd string or even let go; THEN, there should be plenty of other CFL teams as suitors to give him another chance - like so many Americans get in the CFL (but O'Connor did not in terms of playing time opportunity).