Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
Another reason that the ST's (and probably overall attendance) are down is likely the price increase this year. I have mentioned this before, but I didn't renew my tickets until March (as I always do), and even though I was warned about a price increase after the early bird renewal, not in my wildest dreams did I expect about a 30% increase. I have bronze seats, and my ticket went from $280 to $367.50 this season.
A 30% increase in ticket prices for a team that can barely fill have their seats in a half sized stadium is not exactly a good understanding of supply and demand ecomomics...That's basic economics 101, so it should be no surprise for the team that attendance has fallen. This organization has always done that. I made a previous post yesterday harkening back to when the team raised prices by at least 50% in '92 during the McNall years and it took the Argos 4-6 years to get the crowds back to the levels of 25,000+.

Someone wrote that Season ticket sales are bad because tickets can always be bought on game day...but even single game tickets sold prior to gameday is affected because of the ridiculous service charges from ticketmaster...$7.75 - $9.00 per ticket is ridiculous and would not entice me to buy tickets prior to gameday...I'll wait as many do till gameday, and if something comes up...oh well, like many, I unfortunately may not go...because ticketmaster service charges have discouraged me from making that obligation to get tickets before gameday...if the charges on top of the Argo box office charge was reasonable...no problem, I understand the service, but nearly $10 a ticket on top of the listed price is BS. They may not even have paper expenses if you print your tix at home using your own paper and there charging fans $9 for service fees...Just ridiculous.

Whenever I've recently thought about getting seasons, I've always been turned off by the hiked ticket prices to compound those surcharges . You can call me frugal, cheap or whatever, but I have other expenses that are a priority and I don't like being dicked around...advertise the price you want people to pay...don't just list a price and then add a bunch of surcharges and fees on top of that. Worse yet is the justification of it with small print, as it makes me feel like I'm being duped.
I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels this way based on the attendance numbers at the stadium and ratings numbers watching on TV.