Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
I agree that he is out of sync, as I said above. But to suggest he is "below average" is plainly ridiculous. There are nine starting QBs in the league. The "average" QB would be the fifth-best, roughly speaking. Are there four QBs consistently, week after week, outplaying Ray? I haven't seen that. Reilly and Willy have had good starts but after that, who?
Ricky is the highest-paid player in the league. It is reasonable to expect an above average level of play from him, injuries or no injuries.

Meezy is absolutely right when he said good teams can overcome injuries. This happens when the team's top veterans raise the level of their game a notch, find another gear, and lift up all the new guys around them.

It seems like Tom Brady loses half his receiving corps every year thru injuries, yet he always finds a way to make it work with new guys, because he raises his game.

Surely not even Meezy could argue that Ricky has raised the level of his game in the last 3 weeks. And neither has Emry, arguably the second most-important Argo.

Luckily lots of guys on defence really picked up their games tonight, I'm hoping it will rub off a bit on the big guy and everyone else on offence.