Part of me is thinking this whole Babcock timing was planned to coincide with the Argo announcement. If you saw the press conference Larry and Bell didn't have a lot of answers about a lot of details -- there was nothing when they were asked about tickets, season ticket holders, prices, Grey Cups etc.

My guess is that they still don't have all of this stuff worked out yet. But they knew they had to make the announcement anyway. So what's the best way to avoid too many probing questions about the new Argo ownership? Announce a new coach for the Leafs.

So maybe the MLSE social media guy says let's make some hay anyway, and get the Argo with the biggest mouth to start tweeting about it. It's about time we tried to get some of these Argos players known to the public.

I know this sounds far-fetched but the truth is that it all worked out well for the Argos today. Foley's tweets gained a lot of traction, especially among people who are sick of all these promises of glory from the Maple Leafs. A lot of people discovered who Ricky Foley was today, and they saw a scrappy guy sticking up for the underdog, and they liked it. The Babcock announcement killed two birds with one stone for the new Argos owners.