Much has been made of the Argos 6-wins coming by close margins. This got me thinking as to how many true blowout wins there have been in the Milanovich era?

2012: The Argos first three wins of the season were each by three points over the Stampeders, Blue Bombers and Alouettes respectively. They beat the Stampeders 22-14 on August 18, which was Kackert's first start after Cory Boyd was cut. The Labor Day Classic was won 33-30, which was awesome. I'll classify the 45-31 win over Hamilton on September 8 as a blowout because IIRC the Tiger-Cats scored a couple of garbage time touchdowns. The September 29 win over the Blue Bombers (29-10) could be classified as a blowout, but the last two games of the season, the wins over Saskatchewan and Hamilton were close games. Likewise, the Eastern Final was a tight game, but the Grey Cup win was also a blowout. So let's say 2 wins out of 9 were blowouts plus the Grey Cup game.

2013: The season opener win over Hamilton was a close game, but then the Argos proceed to beat Winnipeg, BC and Montreal by lopsided scores. The four game winning streak on the road were all close (the Argos pulled away late in Edmonton) and then there was a late-season game against Winnipeg that the Argos won by 15 points. So let's say 4 out of 11 wins were blowouts.

2014: Despite only winning 8 games this season actually featured a few more blowouts. The Argos blew out Saskatchewan, Montreal, Winnipeg, BC and Ottawa. So 5 out of 8 wins were blowouts.

2015: I guess the only game the Argos have blown out their opponent is Edmonton.

So out of 34 wins in this timespan, 12 of them were blowouts. Not meant to be a knock on Milanovich, but merely pointing out that the Argos winning tight games seems to be nothing new.