Closed Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree that there's definitely a lack of value / perks in having season tickets. I've been saying that since Michael Copeland stated that they were going to concentrate on their season ticket holders. There was really 0 extra value to being a season ticket holder this season and we made that known in the 2 surveys that the Argonauts sent out.

We went from 2 season tickets last season to 4 season tickets this season and we probably won't be keeping all 4 seats next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with the comments posted about lack of value or respect, for lack of a better word, that STH's received this year. I will give the Argos a small break only because they had a lot of other things to contend with to get the team transferred to new ownership, new venue etc., but that only goes so far. I was really ticked when I got the email from the Argos advising that the tickets I bought for the Grey Cup early at full pricewere "not affected" by the price change and so the only thing offered was a $50 credit for next years tickets. That was an absolute insult, so I called and told them so, and that i was not happy in how STH were treated. They didn't give me a hard time, but claimed that as a good-will gesture only, they would allow me to transfer to less expensive seats. However, I was not going to be given an actual refund, just a credit to next year's tickets. I had already made the decision I was going to renew. As disillusioned as I am, I am still a die-hard CFL and Argo fan, and want more than anything for them to be successful. Getting the credit made the decision to renew easier, but I honestly can't say that there will be any further renewals if things don't improve significantly next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't know. I guess I'm different than a lot on here. I buy season tickets because I want to go to every game. I get a small discount over paying for individual games, and I'm fine with that. I honestly don't need any other perks to go. Was it bad season? Sure, but I still enjoyed myself at the games.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know. I guess I'm different than a lot on here. I buy season tickets because I want to go to every game. I get a small discount over paying for individual games, and I'm fine with that. I honestly don't need any other perks to go. Was it bad season? Sure, but I still enjoyed myself at the games.
    this!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As a first time STH, I was pleased with the package that contained the game tickets. The stadium experience was excellent each game and I expect it will only get better. Hope BMO Field Concessions add Cabbage Rolls and Coffee to menu next season. That would be great.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    You don't need to buy season's tickets to go to every game. Especially when there are so many seats available. I would have been better off financially to buy tickets separately for each game... you could buy good seats on StubHub for 50% of their face, or alternatively buy cheaper seats and just move into better ones that are vacant. That is my point. Buying season's tickets implies you are making a real investment in the team and in my opinion, that should be worth something to the team. I'm not asking for the world, but even in the past while at Rogers Centre, there was a bit more of an incentive to buy season's. Don't get me wrong, i still enjoyed myself at every game, especially with tailgate and Shipyard, but it wouldn't take a lot for them to make their STH's feel appreciated. They need to build that base of fans up, not discourage them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes, it is easy to forget after such a bad on-field season how much better things are compared to the past decade. IMO BMO is actually the best stadium in the entire league, all things considered: sightlines, accessibility, variety of concessions, proximity to pre-game socializing, etc. Every game was fun and the crowd response was amazingly positive and supportive considering the team was so bad. When we are a good team next year, and the stands have 18k or more on average, it will be rocking in there.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yes, it is easy to forget after such a bad on-field season how much better things are compared to the past decade. IMO BMO is actually the best stadium in the entire league, all things considered: sightlines, accessibility, variety of concessions, proximity to pre-game socializing, etc. Every game was fun and the crowd response was amazingly positive and supportive considering the team was so bad. When we are a good team next year, and the stands have 18k or more on average, it will be rocking in there.
    You are right. BMO is a great venue. To your point about the effect of crowd response, the home game against the Ti-Cats provided a taste of what that "rocking"atmosphere would be like. I have to say that was one of the best sporting event experiences I have attended in a very long time. I am hopeful that with continued support and effort, we will get there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    You don't need to buy season's tickets to go to every game. Especially when there are so many seats available. I would have been better off financially to buy tickets separately for each game... you could buy good seats on StubHub for 50% of their face, or alternatively buy cheaper seats and just move into better ones that are vacant. That is my point. Buying season's tickets implies you are making a real investment in the team and in my opinion, that should be worth something to the team. I'm not asking for the world, but even in the past while at Rogers Centre, there was a bit more of an incentive to buy season's. Don't get me wrong, i still enjoyed myself at every game, especially with tailgate and Shipyard, but it wouldn't take a lot for them to make their STH's feel appreciated. They need to build that base of fans up, not discourage them.
    This!

At least at the Rogers Centre we were entered into a draw for game worn / autographed merchandise, seat upgrades... and got a discount card to use at the Rogers Centre store.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree with most of what you said but you think that BMO Field is better than Investors Group Field?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said but you think that BMO Field is better than Investors Group Field?
    I had the pleasure of meeting with Paul at his seats during 1/2 time of the Edmonton game. The atmosphere and sightlines on the lower level were spectacular.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It and the new version of Lansdowne Park are the only current stadiums I haven't been to, so my statement is partly out of ignorance. IGF does look great on TV but we also know it is a pain in the ass to get to and in the middle of a university campus, not exactly conducive to pre-game partying.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I get why people want more but I'm the same way, Angelo. Just happy to be at the game.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I agree with RB957 here.

I am generally of the same mind as AngeloV - ultimately I really only "need" a competitive home team, not all the other frills.
    But if the team wants me to commit my money up front for the entire home schedule, at the very least there is a time value of money issue there. Hence, the discount versus paying for each game individually. Maybe that should be enough. But developing a committed group of regular patrons should include some other incentives to make STH feel like they are part of a highly valued club. Therefore, a few more perks should be offered.

The merchandise discount card is an easy one imo. Definitely contributes to that "special club" feeling. I was very surprised it wasn't offered this year, but I didn't miss it either because the new merchandise this year was pathetic.
    Most everything after that is fluff to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I agree with RB957 here.

I am generally of the same mind as AngeloV - ultimately I really only "need" a competitive home team, not all the other frills.
    But if the team wants me to commit my money up front for the entire home schedule, at the very least there is a time value of money issue there. Hence, the discount versus paying for each game individually. Maybe that should be enough. But developing a committed group of regular patrons should include some other incentives to make STH feel like they are part of a highly valued club. Therefore, a few more perks should be offered.

The merchandise discount card is an easy one imo. Definitely contributes to that "special club" feeling. I was very surprised it wasn't offered this year, but I didn't miss it either because the new merchandise this year was pathetic.
    Most everything after that is fluff to me.
    I could certainlybhave used a card this year though.

The jacket with the snaps was almost $100!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    To each their own. I get to know the people I sit around and I enjoy it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A lot of Bombers fans do. I've read tons of complaints about that stadium. From the location, to the odor..and so on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It and the new version of Lansdowne Park are the only current stadiums I haven't been to, so my statement is partly out of ignorance. IGF does look great on TV but we also know it is a pain in the ass to get to and in the middle of a university campus, not exactly conducive to pre-game partying.
    I've been to TD Place Stadium, it's nice but I think that BMO Field is a little nicer due to the canopies over the stands.

Let's be honest, unless you live on the Lakeshore West GO Train Line BMO Field is in a pretty difficult location to get to too. I can't imagine that IGF can be any worse.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Got a call today because of the playoff credit, so I'm planning to use it on Grey Cup tickets, and hopefully there are better seats that what ticketmaster is currently showing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Let's be honest, unless you live on the Lakeshore West GO Train Line BMO Field is in a pretty difficult location to get to too. I can't imagine that IGF can be any worse.
    ????
    I have no trouble taking the Lakeshore East GO train to BMO Field.
    And the two times I've driven down from Scarborough, I've had no problem getting there or parking ($15 max).