Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    Good afternoon,

As always I appreciate reading the feedback from our passionate group of fans. Some of the issues pointed out Argo1983 are valid and continue to be considered. I know when we launched our renewal campaign I addressed some of the issues around pricing and stadium scaling on this form and via email. I can assure everyone that the decisions the organization makes are made with much consideration and deliberation. From a pricing stand point to remain flat for a 3rd straight season is not the norm in professional sports and although I can appreciate wanting to see a price reductions YOY it is not something that makes sense from a business perspective. It can actually hurt your business long term.

We have seen a tremendous response from our season tickets holders and are in position to see growth in our season ticket base. We are in a much better situation then a year ago and winning the grey cup is not the only reason. We will continue to ensure that you the ticket buyers are treated well, shown respect and given value above just the purchase of your season tickets. This is a process and even winning the grey cup isn't going to automatically make BMO full. What will do this is creative ticketing programs, great marketing and continuing to ensure we get our brand into the eyes and ears of this market.

The merchandise benefits does remain a challenge but I am confident now with our new ownership group (MLSE) that we will more flexibility in-stadium with our merchandise and the ability to give STH their discounts. I am also hopeful the same will apply to concessions giving us the opportunity to provide value here. At this point nothing is confirmed but we are working on both opportunities.

As always I am happy to discuss over the phone (416 341 2726) or through email (mhook@argonauts.ca) any issues, concerns or hopefully positive idea's for us to move forward.

We are heading in the right direction but have much work left to do and we will keep at it.

I hope to see all of you this coming season, including at town hall and fan day.

Thank you and Happy New Year

Michael Hook
    Thank You Mike -

As always you have been responsive to me (personally and online) and respectful of input from the fans in general which I know many on the boards here appreciate....

I am happy that there is the possibility of the STH discounts now being able to work on concessions/merch in stadium, just like the other MLSE teams (and CFL teams) do with their STH....

Any thoughts on the loyalty program idea? --- the franchise needs to start rewarding people for sticking around as STH over the long term --- I really think this is an important concept given the tenuous nature of Argos STH in this market as has been evidenced over the last 20-30 years.....how about a STH fan of the game? dinner with the front office staff? (ha ha ha) -- spoil someone who has been a STH for 10 consecutive years or more (not me, but I'm sure others might fit the bill), put them in a "luxury" box (pressbox tour?!), meet and greet with key players (maybe Pinball?! - who doesn't love Pinball!; TFC does this with alumni like DeRosario/Dichio), a jersey with their name on it - just be creative, show a genuine appreciation for the people who have stuck it out over the long haul ---I've had TFC send my daughter a birthday gift (shirt/hat) when I mentioned to them about putting her name on the scoreboard (also free), its stuff like that which impresses people (now that's a sales rep who understands their job, and I bought two additional STs as a result!!)....the little things matter, for many of us (of a certain age - ha ha ha), it's not the cost of the $200 or $300 for a ST that would keep us from buying them; (although overpricing does matter obviously), its how we feel about the purchase as a customer - do we feel appreciated or not - I think everyone out there knows that tickets are available on a game by game basis which would likely better suit their needs and flexibility in most cases - there has to be some other reason for people to buy in to your product as STHs as it's not scarcity, and there are still enough of the cheap tickets available then it can't be price alone either (When there are still many $199/$299 ST left then this is more than just a price issue for people) .....it's the intangibles too.....just my 2 (maybe 3) cents.....

Thanks for being responsive - it is appreciated.....
    Last edited by Argos1983; 01-11-2018 at 11:33 PM.