Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
I do not agree that Milanovich has had any impact on Bortles quarterback play. Looking at Bortles numbers versus last year, he has only throw 3 fewer interceptions on roughly a 100 fewer attempts.

Safe to say, Bortles is more Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer Type of QB - score 13 points, and hoping your defense pulls it out for you.

All the praise on the NFL network, is for their OC Nathaniel Hackett and play/scheme design, or the Jaguars vaunted defense.

I hope one day the Argos are so dominant; that they become "boring".
There's nothing wrong with not liking Milanovich -- lots of otherwise smart people around here seem to fall into that camp -- but I'm having a hard time seeing how a QB coach doesn't have any influence on the starting QB. Are you saying if there had been no QB coach at all, Bortles would have had exactly the same season he had? QBs in the NFL spend a lot of time with their position coaches. Has to be some influence happening, for better or worse.

As for Bortles being a 13-points/count-on-the-defence type, that may not be all that far off, but it would be an easier case to make if he hadn't just helped his team score 45 points in a playoff game where his defence gave up 42.