Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    At several games at BMO, I paid particular attention to Fuller, trying to watch him as much as I could (when not distracted by some of Green's catches) Perhaps he was injured but he had great difficulty getting any separation and had trouble making the tough catches in a crowd. It would be great to see him return to his former self but I wonder how much injuries have slowed his game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Bishop is another sneaky good (no brainer) re-signing. He has displayed big time run stop potential. He conceivable could be part of a potential ratio change should the Argo's ask Cleyon Laing to come in a little lighter to play in Butlers spot on the end. As for Bishop playing End? Nope, wrong body type. However, Laing has played that spot and (depending on D-Co) don't be surprised to see Laing get some reps there in TC as the team fiddles around looking for the best ratio blend.
    I also like Bishop, but I don't think his signing has anything to do with a ratio change -- unless you think we will play Gaydosh/Finley every down at one DT spot. I just can't see that happening. I can see Laing moving around the line, including some snaps at DE, but I don't see us committing to start two NAT DLs as part of our seven mandated NAT starters. Ideally we will have eight or even nine capable of being "every down" players, which would mean lots of PT for those 8/9 (including all three of the DTs), plus the ability to rotate INTs in as needed/desired.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have no issue with re-signing Fuller. He provides depth and experience if we run into health issues at receiver, and if he's beaten out by five or six INTs we can just cut or IR him.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I also like Bishop, but I don't think his signing has anything to do with a ratio change -- unless you think we will play Gaydosh/Finley every down at one DT spot. I just can't see that happening. I can see Laing moving around the line, including some snaps at DE, but I don't see us committing to start two NAT DLs as part of our seven mandated NAT starters. Ideally we will have eight or even nine capable of being "every down" players, which would mean lots of PT for those 8/9 (including all three of the DTs), plus the ability to rotate INTs in as needed/desired.
    I don't see any room for Bishop to make the game roster at DT - when they have Laing & Wynn as starters, plus Finley/Gaydosh for depth (one or both could dress i guess); Wynn was simply way better than Bishop, IMO. No CFL teams dress 4 pure DTs often and never 5.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I don't see any room for Bishop to make the game roster at DT - when they have Laing & Wynn as starters, plus Finley/Gaydosh for depth (one or both could dress i guess); Wynn was simply way better than Bishop, IMO. No CFL teams dress 4 pure DTs often and never 5.
    I agree OV, I see Wynn and Laing as the starting DT’s in 2018.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Reminds you of Ansah, just a bit better? Really? Sorry man, but on what planet?
    Trust me, this 'over rated' narrative was only conceived in the dark corners of this little message board. It's convenient non-sense that was bandied about from those who were attempting to excuse Barker for anything and everything.
    Ask the players. Look at their Twitter feeds. Check the results. Consider what happened to the team when this player was initially traded. He's played what 2 seasons now? ....and has twice been a CFL All Star. He has been among the league leaders in interceptions, both seasons. He was rated the #8 top CFL Free Agent by CFL.com. He runs a 4.4 40. 8 NFL Teams saw something in him. Hey this is the CFL, ask the players, or the coaches and managers. Ask them if they think he's over rated. Sorry, but I imagine they will laugh out loud. Don't let some of these little narratives cloud your mind friend.
    I suggest you check threads from 2016, because I've never been a big fan of Heath, I thought he was the best of a bad bunch, but got beat A LOT, and isn't a strong tackler. So I'm not sure what "little narratives" you're talking about. I would think it's pretty obvious by now that I have my own viewpoint on things around here, and I blindly follow nothing - If fans, media types, or even players think Heath's a great player, good for them, that's their opinion on him, doesn't mean I have to agree. That's not to say I think Heath's a bad player, because I don't, I just don't think he's that great.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Fuller will be in tough to make it to main TC. Always liked Bass but thought he would have moved on. Still interested to see where Muumba ends up. Hope NFL veteran Akeem Jordan gets an opportunity at MLB. Look forward to seeing what newcomers make an impact.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ottawa has signed National DL Daryl Waud to a one year contract. Sorry to see him go even though he only played in one game last year. He probably saw more opportunity to play in Ottawa, especially after it lost National DL Zach Evans to the Riders.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I'd like to see the Argo's take a shot at signing Shakir Bell. He's on the small side but he has a 5.8 rushing average after two years. However, he is small at 5'6" and 167 lb and they would need to check how healthy he is as he has only played in 15 games over the two years. On the other hand, he should come cheap because of that and would at least offer some competition in TC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I like Bishop, but I see him as being an IR guy that will likely only dress if Wynn was to get injured. Fact is, I bet Wynn tries the NFL in 2019, so keeping Bishop around at least gives you insurance.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I like Bishop, but I see him as being an IR guy that will likely only dress if Wynn was to get injured. Fact is, I bet Wynn tries the NFL in 2019, so keeping Bishop around at least gives you insurance.
    What about Alan Michael Cash?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I suggest you check threads from 2016, because I've never been a big fan of Heath, I thought he was the best of a bad bunch, but got beat A LOT, and isn't a strong tackler. So I'm not sure what "little narratives" you're talking about. I would think it's pretty obvious by now that I have my own viewpoint on things around here, and I blindly follow nothing - If fans, media types, or even players think Heath's a great player, good for them, that's their opinion on him, doesn't mean I have to agree. That's not to say I think Heath's a bad player, because I don't, I just don't think he's that great.
    Me, Jim Popp, Marc Trestman, James Wilder Jr., Mike Hogan, Davis Sanchez. the CFL Beat Writers and countless others, humbly disagree.

You seem to prefer Owusu Ansah. I suggest you may prefer the lesser player. While I agree that Owusu Ansah is a serviceable CFL Player, he is not on the same page. For some reason you believe that TJ Heath can't tackle. He has always out-tackled AK. 64 to 40 in their best seasons, and Heath has 12 CFL Int's while AK has 4.

Only 4 DB's out tackled TJ Heath last season, one of them being Ronnie Yell.

He plays one of the most important positions on the D. Boundary Half is where they play the athletes and they are very under-rated. He can ALSO play Corner, or I'd imagine even SAM. He brings flex.

Look, you are entitled to believe what you like, but I am suggesting that you open up your opinion a little on this one. A winning secondary in the CFL needs ball hawks on their roster. Evidenced by last season. Cassius Vaughan was a huge part of getting that Cup in our hands. In the past Pee Wee, Brazley, Byron Parker and Reggie Pleasant were all big play guys. They WILL get burned from time to time.

But you need them in the CFL. You may have iso'd up on Heath when he missed a tackle, or two but with 64 of em last year, he wouldn't have been a CFL All Star by missing them very often.

If TJ Heath plays as he has in his first two CFL seasons, I'll look forward to seeing you change your dogmatic opinion on this player. Cos if you do, it will be a good thing. I have watched him play, and indeed his first two games in the CFL weren't very good. He's been very good, to lights out in 32 games since. I think your evaluation is stuck.

James Wilder Jr
    @IAm_Wilder32

@TorontoArgos has the best DBs, talk about no fly zone sheesh!!!!

Mike Hogan@tsnmikehogan

On Sunday we didn't know what the #Argos secondary would look like. Since then @CassiusVaughn @MattBlack39 & @JGab9 have re-signed and they've added @TjHeath34 & @_donpolo. That's a damn impressive group.

Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Happy to have TJH back on the roster.

Now sign Henoc !

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Me, Jim Popp, Marc Trestman, James Wilder Jr., Mike Hogan, Davis Sanchez. the CFL Beat Writers and countless others, humbly disagree.

You seem to prefer Owusu Ansah. I suggest you may prefer the lesser player. While I agree that Owusu Ansah is a serviceable CFL Player, he is not on the same page. For some reason you believe that TJ Heath can't tackle. He has always out-tackled AK. 64 to 40 in their best seasons, and Heath has 12 CFL Int's while AK has 4.
    Amount of tackles isn't exactly the greatest stat. If i'm covering someone so well and the ball never comes my way, I may not make as many tackles. Does that make me worse DB/HB? For the record I like AK and Heath so I have no complaints, but not sure looking at tackle stats tells the whole story.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    When someone argues that 'he can't tackle' don't expect to not hear a counter argument backed by evidence, that he can. My advice is simple; enjoy having talent on this team. There a vast amount of stats that I can easily grace you with, but I don't want to bore you. T.J. Heath is a baller, and I am happy to see him back. Mark it down, and rub it in my face if he doesn't perform. Cos if he doesn't, I'll won't want him around either. He HAS performed, and today, you can take that to the bank -- cos that's all we have.
    Last edited by Jon Gonzo; 02-19-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Amount of tackles isn't exactly the greatest stat. If i'm covering someone so well and the ball never comes my way, I may not make as many tackles. Does that make me worse DB/HB? For the record I like AK and Heath so I have no complaints, but not sure looking at tackle stats tells the whole story.
    If you like AK, then you are really going to like TJH

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We've all seen Heath play, Gonzo. No need for the "helpful lectures".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I see evidence Wobbler. I simple ask that those who present opposing views present the same. This is a discussion board after all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    You seem to prefer Owusu Ansah.
    Are you new here ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Are you new here ?
    I was simply debating your point about Jim Popp in regards to the Heath signing;

"I've lost a lot of respect for Jim Popp today. Popp signing Waters makes me wonder if Jim knows the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

Not sure what to make of the Heath signing either. Heath makes a lot of plays, but gets beat a lot as well. Reminds me of Ansah actually, just a bit better."

I'm not sure losing respect for a GM signing, arguably, the best Boundary Half in the game is fitting. And as you made the comparison to AK I illustrated my thoughts with some differences in their outputs in the CFL.

There is an obvious difference in the two players.

If I have misrepresented your thoughts in any way, I do humbly apologize. Just talkin football here.