Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Bridge shouldve been given a fair shot here.
    I dont think a canadian would have extra pull, like aside from the leafs and tavares pajamas, media and fans havent been huge on local guys.
    Best local raptor was Corey joseph and he was let go, jays have had a handful but aside from a Votto coming in, wouldnt be a draw,
    We dont have a big amateur pipeline in any sport. In terms of fans following a kid all the way from high school to pros, with exception of real standout hockey players like a lindros etc
    That said, to have teams essentially penalised for carrying a canadian qb in the cfl is absurd.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Bridge was given a fair shot imo. He got more playing time than Prukop in the first ex game.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Bridge didn’t play well enough to make the team and that’s too bad. I think he would be able to have some success with the team as it stands now, especially with his mobility. His accuracy is low but so is MBT’s. He had a good arm and I would prefer the overthrow to MBT’s trademark opposite.

I still maintain that if they get rid of the 2 Qb’s, along with Wilder and Green (all due to salary), add a QB like Bo or Reilly and they are at least a 500 team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Bridge didn’t play well enough to make the team and that’s too bad. I think he would be able to have some success with the team as it stands now, especially with his mobility. His accuracy is low but so is MBT’s. He had a good arm and I would prefer the overthrow to MBT’s trademark opposite.

I still maintain that if they get rid of the 2 Qb’s, along with Wilder and Green (all due to salary), add a QB like Bo or Reilly and they are at least a 500 team.
    Football is a team game, you need all phases playing well plus a very good QB. 700K on a QB does not guarantee anything if the team is bad. I think Reilly proves that. Their only win is against us!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I don't know about that. Go to the stadium and watch your team win? Sounds like a good reason to go see a game to me.
    It's probably more like... the ex-Torontonians that live around the country are not turning out to see their hometown Argos because they (the team) are absolute crap this years.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:

Level
    I was very intrigued when the Argos brought in Cody Fajardo a few years back. I'd seen him play a few games in college and he'd looked pretty good. I guess that the team should have worked a bit harder on developing Cody... he's looking quite competent now... much better than anything that we have.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    I was very intrigued when the Argos brought in Cody Fajardo a few years back. I'd seen him play a few games in college and he'd looked pretty good. I guess that the team should have worked a bit harder on developing Cody... he's looking quite competent now... much better than anything that we have.
    We can thank the man some called "the professor" in Trestman for that. Fajardo came into camp as the #2 behind Ray based on tenure with the team, but Trestman proceeded to start Jeff Mathews ahead of him the one game Ray missed in '17. Then mid season in that same year, he would move MBT ahead of him on the depth chart. Fajardo was restricted to QB sneak duties, but would not have come in to replace Ray should that have been needed.

Can't blame Fajardo for not wanting to re-sign here after that. I know Popp was bullish on him. I had a discussion about this during the Argofans mini town hall when Popp was first hired.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    We can thank the man some called "the professor" in Trestman for that. Fajardo came into camp as the #2 behind Ray based on tenure with the team, but Trestman proceeded to start Jeff Mathews ahead of him the one game Ray missed in '17. Then mid season in that same year, he would move MBT ahead of him on the depth chart. Fajardo was restricted to QB sneak duties, but would not have come in to replace Ray should that have been needed.

Can't blame Fajardo for not wanting to re-sign here after that. I know Popp was bullish on him. I had a discussion about this during the Argofans mini town hall when Popp was first hired.
    I think the teams need a 4th QB on the roster. Also the league could help out with mandating equal playing time for these guys during preseason and then the teams self regulate themselves when the game is won to make sure these QB's get some reps. These are moves to help the league and if the rules are the same it won't matter to the outcome. If each team is 4 QB's deep and each gets great coaching then these guys will be able to come in and at least manage the game. If you owned a business and the skills weren't readily available wouldn't you want to do this? Same applies for assistant coaches - league needs them ready to move up.

question during F.A. period, Can the teams match the salary and keep the player if they wish too?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos won the cup with Trestman but as time goes on it is apparent he left considerable collateral damage in regards to how he handled the younger QB’s (Fajardo and Franklin), unfortunately the Argos will probably pay for this for quite a while.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argos won the cup with Trestman but as time goes on it is apparent he left considerable collateral damage in regards to how he handled the younger QB’s (Fajardo and Franklin), unfortunately the Argos will probably pay for this for quite a while.
    Or did he realize Franklin wasn't up to it? Hard to say.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    Or did he realize Franklin wasn't up to it? Hard to say.
    He did not give Fajardo much of a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I doubt the Argos even offered Fajardo a contract. Popp had his Grand Succession Plan for Ricky Ray, and he had obviously concluded that Cody Fajardo was not going to be a part of it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I doubt the Argos even offered Fajardo a contract. Popp had his Grand Succession Plan for Ricky Ray, and he had obviously concluded that Cody Fajardo was not going to be a part of it.
    Maybe not, but I think that was more Trestman than Popp. Coming off a Grey Cup win, Popp probably tried to give Trestman everything he wanted, and clearly Fajardo was not that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Many comments here expressing dismay that Cox didn't comment on the Jays' falling attendance. Well, in a July 29 column he points out that the machinations of the Atkins Shapiro braintrust have cut attendance in half.

I don't see, however, why we would think that this aids the embattled Boatmen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumble1971 View Post
    Many comments here expressing dismay that Cox didn't comment on the Jays' falling attendance. Well, in a July 29 column he points out that the machinations of the Atkins Shapiro braintrust have cut attendance in half.

I don't see, however, why we would think that this aids the embattled Boatmen.
    I’m sure you can dig up an article where he mentions attendance. Did he follow up that the owners brand is hurt by merely owning the franchise along with suggestions to sell the team/fold the franchise, giving an all around give up mentality? That’s the crap he writes towards the Argos.