Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Well IMO this is all still in the negoiation stage. Walters talking to the media about signing Collaros to send a little message to the Nichols camp who may think they have the Bombers over a barrel. Collaros on the other hand doesn't want the Argos to think he will give them the so called home town discount.
    Also if Dinwiddie really wants Arbuckle how high is Manning willing to go. With the salary cap limit now I think anything over 500,000 for a starting QB weakens the rest of the roster. With the minimum going up to 65,000 and veteran Americans needed to fill the new 10 starter "National" ratio the cap money has to be spread around more. I believe Mitchell had his salary redone in Calgary to help with their cap issues. Maybe Reilly will have to do the same in BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Murphy continuing the trend of signing DB’s with good size who could possibly be useful at one of the LB positions👍

https://www.argonauts.ca/2020/01/21/...jean-baptiste/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Murphy continuing the trend of signing DB’s with good size who could possibly be useful at one of the LB positions

Keep em coming Murph. I hope to see a couple of new QB's on February 11th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Also a noteworthy transaction has Argo neg list qb Luis Perez being traded by the XFL LA Wildcats to the New York Guardians also of the XFL.
    He's getting closer to Toronto!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    According to Farhan Lalji, Canadian WR/KR TJ Jones is thinking of playing in the CFL after five years in the NFL. Since he was not drafted in the 2014 CFL draft, he would be a free agent who, if the Argos could sign him, would deepen the Argos Canadian personnel.

The University of Notre Dame product made three catches for 38 yards and one touchdown plus eight punt returns for 96 yards — including a 60-yarder – but fumble three times, losing two in three games with the New York Giants in 2019. ...

Jones caught 12 passes for 146 yards and two touchdowns in the pre-season with New York. Due to his veteran status, Jones is not eligible for a practice roster spot with any NFL team. ...

The 27-year-old was a sixth round pick, 189th overall in the 2014 NFL draft by the Detroit Lions. He played the first four seasons of his NFL career in the Motor City. During 45 NFL games, Jones has made 67 receptions for 852 yards and five touchdowns. The six-foot, 190-pounder can return kicks and punts as well. Jones has 14 kick returns for 292 yards and 29 punt returns for 289 yards. He has 4.48 40-yard speed and is dynamic in the open field.
    https://3downnation.com/2020/01/21/p...ng-in-the-cfl/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Actually it was Collaros himself that said this "well know fact" is kind of news to him.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/footb...urn-to-bombers
    I love where he says he doesn't know where people got the idea that he wanted to play in Toronto. Gee Zach, maybe it's because Naylor and every other CFL insider have been saying it for months. Where did THEY get the idea?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Collaros on the other hand doesn't want the Argos to think he will give them the so called home town discount.
    This is exactly it. He wants to start a bidding war, and his timing is very good. Those four games he played in 2019 have probably added at least a couple hundred grand to what he would have made otherwise on a 2020 contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Murphy continuing the trend of signing DB’s with good size who could possibly be useful at one of the LB positions

Some very impressive - on paper - off-season signings for the Argo D - this guy is a 2nd round NFL draft pick with big DB or
    CFL LB size.

A couple of those DE signings - Davis with NFL playing time resume, and that former D2 defensive player of the year Richardson who was on the Chargers PR - be nice to find another Victor Butler type DE who can be a pass rush force.

Could be a real interestin' TC competition on the D for the new DC and his staff to consider.

Boatman
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Excellent discussion guys.

I am curious where Derel Walker is slotted in in terms of priority or is there thinking SJ is less money and good for another year in that role. They both had some amazing games last year. No point in signing a high priced QB without receivers. For example if MBT and Derel Walker add up to $500,000, who is the receiver that fits with Zach Collaros to do the same. Maybe Worthy is that guy and he is already there.

Question 2 is it the same player agent representing both Collaros and Nichols. I believe one guy has quite a few. Reilly and Nichols for sure use the same guy.

Any speculation regarding a potential trade of BLM to the Argos if Collaros signs in Wpg. just to spice up the conversation. MLSE buy their star and he is good. Arbuckle stays in Calgary. MBT re-signs for insurance and starts the season if Bo is not ready. Nichols lands in Ottawa to complete the loop. Six other #2 positions open across the league.

Likely not signing MBT until they know they are not signing Nick Arbuckle is my thinking. Getting very interesting.
    Last edited by carlos; 01-22-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hey Paul, I'm just grateful for ANY discussion of the 2020 QB situation. It's not exactly saturating the local media.
    Too bad. There is a lot of factors at play that make it very interesting. O’Conner had a decent Rookie season. It could have been even better with more playing time, which was available. I wouldn’t worry about a terrible pass in his first ever pre-season. Only way he progresses is to be the backup. If the Argos land Arbuckle to a big contract, I think that’s what will happen. Not only does he look poised as a rookie, SJ Green had glowing praise taking about his preparation and dedication to the sport. Maybe an unintentional shot at Franklin at the time, but I’m all for a guy who’s 100% committed. Got to take a chance on him sometime.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    O’Conner had a decent Rookie season. It could have been even better with more playing time, which was available. I wouldn’t worry about a terrible pass in his first ever pre-season. Only way he progresses is to be the backup.
    I'm not worried about it (it was his second PS game, BTW) but I'm also not gonna ignore it. Young QBs often make bad decisions -- that's what he did, no biggie but also suggestive that he might not have been ready to play regularly as a rookie. I don't agree he needs to be the backup to progress -- he needs more reps in practice and more playing time. Those could come from third-string as well as No. 2, and IMO No. 3 (dressing, and playing in some situations) would probably be a more logical role for him this year than the pressure of being primary backup in a league where starting QBs regularly get injured. I'd love to be wrong and have him develop into a guy who could start this year, but I'm more concerned with having him develop into a guy who can start for five to 10 years. Rushing him could be counter-productive to that goal.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    We can't have nice things
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    We can't have nice things
    We have a nice stadium.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    We have a nice stadium.
    lol, yes lets get some 'nice people' to sit in it
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't agree he needs to be the backup to progress -- he needs more reps in practice and more playing time. Those could come from third-string as well as No. 2, and IMO No. 3 (dressing, and playing in some situations) would probably be a more logical role for him this year than the pressure of being primary backup in a league where starting QBs regularly get injured. I'd love to be wrong and have him develop into a guy who could start this year, but I'm more concerned with having him develop into a guy who can start for five to 10 years. Rushing him could be counter-productive to that goal.
    If teams are only dressing 2 QB’s, I don’t see much progression with O’Conner on the sidelines in street clothes. He needs to be in helmet and ready to get that playing time you mention.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Pretty sad to admit that the city of Winnipeg owns ANY advantage on a world class city like Toronto (;
    LOL. I would like to remind everyone how great we have it living here in Ontario. I don’t need a rumour to confirm that any young lady would prefer to live here rather than a place like Winnipeg or worse, Regina. $400 000 for 6-7 months work, would be enough to send the husband away though, especially to an often visiting East team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    If teams are only dressing 2 QB’s, I don’t see much progression with O’Conner on the sidelines in street clothes. He needs to be in helmet and ready to get that playing time you mention.
    I've previously suggested the Argos can and in fact should dress MOC as a third QB, using one of their NAT backup spots. And I do feel that guys can develop with practice reps as well, altho it's hard to get a lot of reps for a third-stringer with the short practice times in this league.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    LOL. I would like to remind everyone how great we have it living here in Ontario. I don’t need a rumour to confirm that any young lady would prefer to live here rather than a place like Winnipeg or worse, Regina.
    "Any young lady" is a bit of an exaggeration. Believe it or not, there are people who view things a lot differently than that. Not everyone loves humidity, traffic, insane housing prices, etc. Winnipeg is a very livable city.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    We should start a poll here : predict where the QBs will end up.

Arbuckle - is he really going to turn down a chance to start in Ottawa ?

Does any CFL team really value either MBT or Nichols as a starter ? I guess if LaPo does he would tell Desjardins to not care that much about Arbuckle and low-ball him and go out and get one of those other 2 ?

Collaros - rather be in Toronna playing for a rookie HC and before 8 or 9 thousand fans instead of a chance to start for the reigning GC Champs ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Apparently Winnipeg has offered Collaros 350,000 base salary plus incentives. Nichols and his agent are upset as they can do the math and haven't been given an offer. I can see Nichols probably thinking he was worth at least 500,000 comparing himself to what Reilly and Bo Levi are making. Negotiations are such fun, to watch from a far.