Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Below is a summary of Canadian starting QBs, of whom Nathan Rourke is the most recent, since 1982 (part way down the page):
    https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.ne..._Cgy_vs_BC.pdf

Jerry Datillio is second all-time among Canadian QBs with 9,952 yards behind Russ Jackson of course. They left out of the chart Datillio's 1978 to 1981 seasons in the chart when he threw for 1,120 yards, 115 yards 2,892 and 1,095 yards respectively with the Als. In the 1982 season he threw for 2,788 yards with Calgary. In 1983 he threw for 1,213 yards with the Stamps (https://www.cflapedia.com/Players/d/dattilio_gerry.htm) Incidentally, after being dropped by Montreal in his rookie season, he played his first game with the Argos that year but had no official stats. He returned to the Als in 1976 after the Argos released him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Really looking forward to see O'Connor get to start for the Stamps.

IF Mitchell is out for awhile, be interesting to see how much faith they show in the Canadian QB; or, if he gets the hook quickly if he does not fare well at first.

Rourke and now O'Connor = first time 2 Canadian QBs started meaningful games in the CFL in the same season since 82 i think ? - Datillio for the Stamps & Tousignault for the Als; though Jusdanis (Ticats) & Carravata (BC) both started in 96 - Jusdanis an injury need starter; can't recall the BC situation but probably injury to other QBs related ? - rather than just giving a new QB a shot to see what they can do

*** edit ---- oops, seems like raw rookie American QB Jake Meier is going to get the start over O'Connor; surprise, surprise ... GOB / LOL
    Last edited by OV Argo; 08-19-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Really looking forward to see O'Connor get to start for the Stamps.

IF Mitchell is out for awhile, be interesting to see how much faith they show in the Canadian QB; or, if he gets the hook quickly if he does not fare well at first.

Rourke and now O'Connor = first time 2 Canadian QBs started meaningful games in the CFL in the same season since 82 i think ? - Datillio for the Stamps & Tousignault for the Als; though Jusdanis (Ticats) & Carravata (BC) both started in 96 - Jusdanis an injury need starter; can't recall the BC situation but probably injury to other QBs related ? - rather than just giving a new QB a shot to see what they can do

*** edit ---- oops, seems like raw rookie American QB Jake Meier is going to get the start over O'Connor; surprise, surprise ... GOB / LOL
    Interesting that the promising young Canadian prospect well versed in the Canadian game gets passed over for the American QB new to the Canadian game.
    Admittedly we aren’t professional talent evaluators and haven’t seen both guys in camp but it does make you wonder.

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/19/r...chael-oconnor/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Interesting that the promising young Canadian prospect well versed in the Canadian game gets passed over for the American QB new to the Canadian game.
    Admittedly we aren’t professional talent evaluators and haven’t seen both guys in camp but it does make you wonder.

I don't get this move. I'm hoping Dickenson is planning on playing both QB's and figures it might be less pressure to bring MOC in (hopefully really early) after a few series.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't get this move. I'm hoping Dickenson is planning on playing both QB's and figures it might be less pressure to bring MOC in (hopefully really early) after a few series.

We shall see; if Maier does well early, might be no need to take a look at MOC (but it might be wise to do so anyways)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Dickenson has said more than once that he does not believe in short leashes, so Maier likely stays in unless things go way off the rails. It's disappointing that O'Connor was not selected, but I still believe he can and will (eventually, perhaps soon) play in this league.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Another Canadian quarterback I haven't heard about:

https://www.americanfootballinternat...CmLpD91cdo55jE

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post

Booooo!!!! 'Nuff said.

Radically Canadian!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Maier had a pretty decent game for a rookie after a rough start; made a bunch of nice throws and showed good poise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    Another Canadian quarterback I haven't heard about:

https://www.americanfootballinternat...CmLpD91cdo55jE
    Thanks for the article. Here's some background on Strong's college career at Seton Hall University and in Australia.

https://www.americanfootballinternat...istian-strong/

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Thanks for the article. Here's some background on Strong's college career at Seton Hall University and in Australia.

https://www.americanfootballinternat...istian-strong/
    I hope some CFL team brings him into camp next year. That's why we need a mandate that each CFL team carry at least one Canadian quarterback even if its on the practice roster.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I hope some CFL team brings him into camp next year. That's why we need a mandate that each CFL team carry at least one Canadian quarterback even if its on the practice roster.

Pretty sure that guy went to the CFL Combine a few years back, and was rated most unimpressive.

CFL GOB deep thinkers need to grasp that top U Sport talent is often better (sometimes way better) than any average joe they can drag up here from US college ball - including QBs.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Pretty sure that guy went to the CFL Combine a few years back, and was rated most unimpressive.

CFL GOB deep thinkers need to grasp that top U Sport talent is often better (sometimes way better) than any average joe they can drag up here from US college ball - including QBs.
    I feel really bad that Adam Sinagra was never given a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I feel really bad that Adam Sinagra was never given a chance.
    Tre Ford will be playing a final (?) season for Waterloo upcoming; already put up a fantastic passing season in U Sport play, plus is a real run threat QB. The GOBs of the CFL will likely discount him too - like with Sinagra, Merchant, Richard ... and a whole host of others before that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Tre Ford will be playing a final (?) season for Waterloo upcoming; already put up a fantastic passing season in U Sport play, plus is a real run threat QB. The GOBs of the CFL will likely discount him too - like with Sinagra, Merchant, Richard ... and a whole host of others before that.
    I wonder if they will discount his running capability. I was surprised that the Lions had Nathan Rourke sitting in the pocket continuously in the first game of the season when he had rushed for 907, 860 and 867 yards in three years at Ohio University and scored 49 TDs on the ground. Some CFL coaches are pretty rigid in their thinking. There aren't many coaches in any sport like John Wooden in basketball who built every team he had based on the skills on his players, often changing the offence dramatically to suit the players he had from year to year and still winning championships time and time again.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I wonder if they will discount his running capability. I was surprised that the Lions had Nathan Rourke sitting in the pocket continuously in the first game of the season when he had rushed for 907, 860 and 867 yards in three years at Ohio University and scored 49 TDs on the ground. Some CFL coaches are pretty rigid in their thinking. There aren't many coaches in any sport like John Wooden in basketball who built every team he had based on the skills on his players, often changing the offence dramatically to suit the players he had from year to year and still winning championships time and time again.
    I'm a big Tre Ford fan. I'm looking forward to watching him this season in the OUA. I'm sure he will get drafted in the CFL, but I'm also sure that CFL GOBs will soon try to convert him into a receiver, instead of using his running and throwing talents.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm a big Tre Ford fan. I'm looking forward to watching him this season in the OUA. I'm sure he will get drafted in the CFL, but I'm also sure that CFL GOBs will soon try to convert him into a receiver, instead of using his running and throwing talents.

Yeah - really looking forward to all the TV coverage of Canadian college ball upcoming; I can watch probably 500 US college ball games on Canadian TV during the football season. Only in Canada, eh. ;o)

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm a big Tre Ford fan. I'm looking forward to watching him this season in the OUA.
    Me too! Even though I'm first and foremost a fan of the University of Western Ontario Mustangs just down the road.

Radically Canadian!

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah - really looking forward to all the TV coverage of Canadian college ball upcoming; I can watch probably 500 US college ball games on Canadian TV during the football season. Only in Canada, eh. ;o)
    I watch the games online on OUA TV. Hopefully it will be available this year:

https://oua.yaretv.com/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I watch the games online on OUA TV. Hopefully it will be available this year:

https://oua.yaretv.com/
    At least that's something; I would say it is pathetic though that there is basically no TV coverage of Canadian college ball; and IMO that lack of respect for Canadian football carries over and extends to the CFL and hurts it too.

I am close to go to either GGs or Ravens games, so I hope to choose a couple of the better match-ups for the upcoming season.