Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I would look like to see Noel get more reps on offence and less of Brissett. I think Noel has earned it at this point vs the rookie.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    A missed deep ball is not always on the QB. Daniels dropped 2 catchable deep ones today and 1 should have been a TD. Arbuckle was excellent tonight. I was a critic last week, feelinghe needed to be better, but not tonight.
    Tell that to the MBT critics.😁
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I would look like to see Noel get more reps on offence and less of Brissett. I think Noel has earned it at this point vs the rookie.
    I think you would have seen this if he wasn’t hurt.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I am still struggling with how we expect defences to not tackle the QB when he is running in the open field and goes head first to the ground. Might as well put the red jersey on them for games. Lol 😆

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    For those who believe we should stick with Arbuckle and that he gives the team the best chance of winning, I sincerely hope you are correct. The team seems to be floundering at the moment. BTM brings a sense of determination and discipline with his play and leadership, which appears to be lacking at present. BTM may not be the most talented QB in the league but perhaps the team needs his leadership qualities at this time. Just an opinion.

Are we seeing a mini rebellion on the team? Is the white sock issue, just a statement of support for the departed coaches or rather a statement of lack of confidence with the present coaching situation? Whatever the case, it has to be nipped in the bud. I'm not a great fan of Jones but maybe his no nonsense approach is needed by the team at this time (especially on D).

The D did not have a great game but on top of losing their coaches they lost two top Canadian LB's in the game. Looks like personnel changes will be dictated by these injuries. Perhaps it is time to bring in Jones to mandate not only the required changes to personnel but also to attitude.

On a positive note, Worthy played a very good game. Looks like releasing him was a mistake. Glad to see it rectified. Also thought Butler and Peters played well. Based on his play so far, Peters, looks like a keeper.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    For those who believe we should stick with Arbuckle and that he gives the team the best chance of winning, I sincerely hope you are correct. The team seems to be floundering at the moment. BTM brings a sense of determination and discipline with his play and leadership, which appears to be lacking at present. BTM may not be the most talented QB in the league but perhaps the team needs his leadership qualities at this time. Just an opinion.

Are we seeing a mini rebellion on the team? Is the white sock issue, just a statement of support for the departed coaches or rather a statement of lack of confidence with the present coaching situation? Whatever the case, it has to be nipped in the bud. I'm not a great fan of Jones but maybe his no nonsense approach is needed by the team at this time (especially on D).

The D did not have a great game but on top of losing their coaches they lost two top Canadian LB's in the game. Looks like personnel changes will be dictated by these injuries. Perhaps it is time to bring in Jones to mandate not only the required changes to personnel but also to attitude.

On a positive note, Worthy played a very good game. Looks like releasing him was a mistake. Glad to see it rectified. Also thought Butler and Peters played well. Based on his play so far, Peters, looks like a keeper.
    Arbuckle has some things he needs to work on such as protecting the ball but overall he played pretty well last night.
    The Argonaut receivers let him down with some crucial drops, Worthy must stay in the lineup as he gives them some quickness and playmaking ability when given the ball.
    I’m all for making a change at QB if he is playing very poorly and the team needs a lift but that wasn’t the case at all last night.
    Toronto has notoriously been very poor at developing QB’s in the past and must stay the course with Arbuckle, I think he will only improve with time and experience.
    Losing Muamba and Judge was a major blow but overall the D wasn’t very good at all last night.
    Turnovers and careless penalties didn’t help either.
    I noticed the sock thing again last night, looks sloppy when all the players aren’t wearing the exact same uniforms.
    Any talk of a player “rebellion” or fashion statement in support of the departed coaches is mere speculation IMO.
    Sad to see young and Bell not with the Argos, they both had the D playing very well but Chris Jones is one of the best DC’s out there so the Argos are very lucky he was available.
    Jones will demand accountability and I would expect a couple of defensive personnel changes in the next short while.
    Sometimes I read the game time posts the next day (after my rage has subsided after a loss) and can see how emotions often cloud our opinions on certain things (I’m as guilty as anyone) but to put things into perspective the team is light years ahead of what we were subjected to in 2018 and 2019.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Level
    IIRC there have always been players wearing the wrong sock colour for years. I'm thinking its more of a fashion statement than an actual statement

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Arbuckle has some things he needs to work on such as protecting the ball but overall he played pretty well last night.
    The Argonaut receivers let him down with some crucial drops, Worthy must stay in the lineup as he gives them some quickness and playmaking ability when given the ball.
    I’m all for making a change at QB if he is playing very poorly and the team needs a lift but that wasn’t the case at all last night.
    Toronto has notoriously been very poor at developing QB’s in the past and must stay the course with Arbuckle, I think he will only improve with time and experience.
    Losing Muamba and Judge was a major blow but overall the D wasn’t very good at all last night.
    Turnovers and careless penalties didn’t help either.
    I noticed the sock thing again last night, looks sloppy when all the players aren’t wearing the exact same uniforms.
    Any talk of a player “rebellion” or fashion statement in support of the departed coaches is mere speculation IMO.
    Sad to see young and Bell not with the Argos, they both had the D playing very well but Chris Jones is one of the best DC’s out there so the Argos are very lucky he was available.
    Jones will demand accountability and I would expect a couple of defensive personnel changes in the next short while.
    Sometimes I read the game time posts the next day (after my rage has subsided after a loss) and can see how emotions often cloud our opinions on certain things (I’m as guilty as anyone) but to put things into perspective the team is light years ahead of what we were subjected to in 2018 and 2019.
    Pretty much sums up all my feelings. MBT isn’t such a significant improvement that warrants taking away playing time from our future QB. Can you imagine if Franklin showed any of what Arbuckle did in his few starts for us? Guy can play ball. I remarked on Twitter, fans are far too reactionary blaming the QB for anything. I’ve seen enough now of Arbuckle to know he fits better in this offence than MBT and he will develop into one heck of a player. Stay the course.

I don’t like the uniform violations from our DB’s. Don’t know how much impact it has, but it’s obviously (to me) for Coach Bell, who everyone loved. Yes, that’s speculation, but it’s what we do on a fan forum!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    IIRC there have always been players wearing the wrong sock colour for years. I'm thinking its more of a fashion statement than an actual statement
    But only done by ALL the DB’s on the first game after their specific coach’s release?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Disappointing effort from the lines in general, but the OL in particular seemed to take a step back. I don't remember Arbuckle completing many passes on the run, but at least he was able to avoid sacks.

Hopefully a big part of that was our high rookie content and the loud and hostile environment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I didn't notice the sock thing myself but the bottom line is that the two coaches had a choice to make, chose a particular option and now have to deal with the consequences.

This team is much further ahead than the teams that have gone 8-28 the past two years. There are mistakes that are being made that are correctable and I also see plays on offence that are barely being missed now that I expect will be made later in the season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Take some responsibility, Dinwiddie. Don't just complain about your players' mistakes! Their mistakes are your fault.
    What did you want him to do, hold a press conference in the middle of the game?

For all we know, he was angry at himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    W-L-W-L-W-L

This has been the pattern of the Argos season so far
    Better than 18 and 19, and not bad for a developing team. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a win in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoTD View Post
    And I hate to ask this as he’s been an incredible player for a number of years, but is Hughes done? Sadly doesn’t appear anywhere near the player he was even 2 years ago.
    Valid question. He could be the odd man out when our injured d-linemen return.

Too bad a couple of those missed big plays didn't go the other way. Would have made up for some of our penalties and turnovers, and given us a competitive finish.

Onwards to next week!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Heading into this season, I think everyone on this forum would have been more than satisfied with a 3-3 record after four road games, four games against the two GC finalists, and road games in Calgary and Saskatchewan. Winning in Calgary, and dominating at home against Winnipeg, made the team seem far closer to legitimacy than maybe they actually are at this point. The schedule gets way easier from now on -- no more games outside our own time zone, five of eight at home and six against our division rivals.

I watched the first half live (late starts just don't work for this perpetually early riser) and watched the third Q and part of the fourth this morning. I was pleased to see Arbuckle perform better in the second half than he had in the first -- I felt he needed a very short leash after the first half. I'm still not impressed with the inconsistency of his throws -- some are absolutely zinged into a tight window, others are horrendous ducks. Daniels should have caught that one deep pass that was very well thrown; but a few balls he completed were butt-ugly. Arbuckle also looks too excitable at times, not calm and cool. And his proclivity for dropping the football has to be fixed. He clearly has more upside than MBT just based on their ages, but if MBT ever gets back in, I won't be surprised if he looks better than what we have seen so far from Arbuckle. I think it's entirely possible that Arbuckle has a breakthrough moment soon where it's evident he clearly has what it takes to be a star, but I haven't seen it yet.

The injuries to Muamba and Judge are going to force some juggling if both guys are out for a while. Either Acheampong (who has looked good) or Smith will have to be in for every play on defence, or someone (Hagerty, Colquhoun, Boateng) will need to start in the secondary. Hoyte is a promising young guy but not ready to start. I wonder if there is any chance Cassar comes back soon.

The Argos made so many stupid mistakes last night it was not possible to count them all. Terrible penalties, that horrendous third-down play call, Arbuckle's unforced fumble -- it was incredibly frustrating to see the team fall apart in so many ways.

Whether or not the sock thing was a protest, I detest the lack of uniformity in uniforms. It really annoys me that the league allows this garbage to happen. You won't see any NFL players wearing socks that don't match their teammates, displaying bare ankles and knees, etc. The league wants to be branded as the second-biggest football league in the world, it should act like it.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    But only done by ALL the DB’s on the first game after their specific coach’s release?
    I'll be honest, I didn't even notice. I only read that one player did it. But you know what, good for them if all the DBs had done so. We want athletes to be more authentic and speak out, stand up, but then criticize them if they do make some sort of statement. However, I do agree with Paul, if this is the norm then the league needs to stop all players from doing it. It's just speculation at this point, but it has happened before and from all teams.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Xs and Argos hit it on the head here when they said this about the coaching:

I feel for the coaching staff, just as they were gelling, they lose the DC and the DB coach. Obviously, that is going to create conflict within the team, but this team was not ready to compete tonight. 12 penalties are ridiculous, the fight on the field at the end is ridiculous, and failing to prove they are an elite team is frustrating as hell. Also don’t run out of shotgun at the goal line and don’t chase points on the 2 pt conversions.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The Xs and Argos hit it on the head here when they said this about the coaching:
    Summed up quite accurately.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Heading into this season, I think everyone on this forum would have been more than satisfied with a 3-3 record after four road games, four games against the two GC finalists, and road games in Calgary and Saskatchewan. Winning in Calgary, and dominating at home against Winnipeg, made the team seem far closer to legitimacy than maybe they actually are at this point. The schedule gets way easier from now on -- no more games outside our own time zone, five of eight at home and six against our division rivals.

I watched the first half live (late starts just don't work for this perpetually early riser) and watched the third Q and part of the fourth this morning. I was pleased to see Arbuckle perform better in the second half than he had in the first -- I felt he needed a very short leash after the first half. I'm still not impressed with the inconsistency of his throws -- some are absolutely zinged into a tight window, others are horrendous ducks. Daniels should have caught that one deep pass that was very well thrown; but a few balls he completed were butt-ugly. Arbuckle also looks too excitable at times, not calm and cool. And his proclivity for dropping the football has to be fixed. He clearly has more upside than MBT just based on their ages, but if MBT ever gets back in, I won't be surprised if he looks better than what we have seen so far from Arbuckle. I think it's entirely possible that Arbuckle has a breakthrough moment soon where it's evident he clearly has what it takes to be a star, but I haven't seen it yet.

The injuries to Muamba and Judge are going to force some juggling if both guys are out for a while. Either Acheampong (who has looked good) or Smith will have to be in for every play on defence, or someone (Hagerty, Colquhoun, Boateng) will need to start in the secondary. Hoyte is a promising young guy but not ready to start. I wonder if there is any chance Cassar comes back soon.

The Argos made so many stupid mistakes last night it was not possible to count them all. Terrible penalties, that horrendous third-down play call, Arbuckle's unforced fumble -- it was incredibly frustrating to see the team fall apart in so many ways.

Whether or not the sock thing was a protest, I detest the lack of uniformity in uniforms. It really annoys me that the league allows this garbage to happen. You won't see any NFL players wearing socks that don't match their teammates, displaying bare ankles and knees, etc. The league wants to be branded as the second-biggest football league in the world, it should act like it.
    If you guys give Hoyte first team reps, he probably will be ready to start. He made some plays and missed others, but your whole defense played bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We all know what Dinwiddie was thinking. Get stopped twice, pretend to pass but run. If it works, we aren’t complaining. If I’m the defence, I’m playing the run every time they try that. If you beat me by passing with man coverage, that’s fine. Those chances are far slimmer than the 80-90% of running it on a sneak. Coaches can be so uncreative lately and it’s why the game has become boring at times. What happened to the bootleg or any variations of it? It’s very hard to defend on the goal line. Why doesn’t anyone try a little fade anymore? Heck, dive over the pile? These all seem lost arts and were exciting plays.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck89 View Post
    If you guys give Hoyte first team reps, he probably will be ready to start. He made some plays and missed others, but your whole defense played bad.
    Please. In due time maybe, but he's behind Muamba, and Cassar on the depth chart, There is a reason for that. But I do agree the whole D played bad. I personally blame the Stubler outdated philosophy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    We all know what Dinwiddie was thinking. Get stopped twice, pretend to pass but run. If it works, we aren’t complaining. If I’m the defence, I’m playing the run every time they try that. If you beat me by passing with man coverage, that’s fine. Those chances are far slimmer than the 80-90% of running it on a sneak. Coaches can be so uncreative lately and it’s why the game has become boring at times. What happened to the bootleg or any variations of it? It’s very hard to defend on the goal line. Why doesn’t anyone try a little fade anymore? Heck, dive over the pile? These all seem lost arts and were exciting plays.
    Nobody likes to see a spread offence more than I do, but sometimes I wonder why when teams are down on the 1 yard line, they don't bring in a a couple of fullbacks and just run a power I formation and bull the ball into the end zone. There are a lot of smallish LB's in the league these days, and I truly believe it would be hard to stop from the 1.