Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
I don't buy the notion that there would be a significant PR backlash against the NFL if it were to put a team to Toronto. There would be some anti-NFL sentiment in the West, but nothing that would damage the NFL materially. And many, many people in southern Ontario would be overjoyed to have an NFL team in town -- far, far more (sadly) than would be distraught to lose the CFL team in Toronto.
I'm thinking moreso in football circles. The MFL wants to grow the game internationally, but in coming to Toronto, they would essentially kill the only other professional league. It's just a bad look and they can hold anywhere else....Mexico, UK, Japan, Europe.
Like I was saying it's not going to happen. The economics don't make sense for an individual Canadian owner or even a corporate one now. In addition, they want to protect Buffalo market which already draws southern Ontario cash. And the NFL already has captured Canadian interest, and ticket buyers. Seattle, Minnesota, Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Green Bay and some of the northeast teams get Canadian fans regularly. They already have our market. Placing a team in Toronto doesn't really move the needle much for them versus other markets.