Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    I'm leaning in the same direction. It'd mean two fewer STs for the Argos.
    We're with you guys (OV, j-ski, Mocha)... we would also cancel our STs as well. For this year, we already have multiple group outings planned, plus recently got approval for doing a corporate event at a game, but we would cancel all of these, which is unfortunate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Freezing the salary cap for 10 years sounds reasonable. Cost of living should remain the same over that time. Good work guys, lets put the CFL out of business.
    CFL management is obviously relying on the Onion report that said the Ukraine war will be over by June and gas will drop to 5 cents per barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    I agree with OV Argo. If they lower or eliminate the ratio it will be the end of the CFL for me after being a fan for over 50 years. I will watch U Sports for the Canadian content and the NFL for the best American players.
    Problem is that U-Sports football is in an even more precarious position right now due to 50 years of internal disinterest and mismanagement. If worst case were to happen and the CFL disappeared, I bet a number of schools would use that as an excuse to mothball football.

Boatman
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    CFL management is obviously relying on the Onion report that said the Ukraine war will be over by June and gas will drop to 5 cents per barrel.

Problem is that U-Sports football is in an even more precarious position right now due to 50 years of internal disinterest and mismanagement. If worst case were to happen and the CFL disappeared, I bet a number of schools would use that as an excuse to mothball football.
    I will agree that USports has it's own issues but mothballing football programs is not one. It's more likely non-football playing member schools will go out of business(Laurentian, Fraser Valley).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    I will agree that USports has it's own issues but mothballing football programs is not one. It's more likely non-football playing member schools will go out of business(Laurentian, Fraser Valley).
    It's a question of money. Olympic sports are far less expensive to operate than football.

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    * Ratio Update* : 8 starting Canadians, 1 of whom is nationalized Canadian (vet American, at least 3 years same team, or *5* in league). 3 other nationalized Americans can play up to 49 per cent of all snaps on offence or defence.#CFL #CFLPA

So I guess teams only need to start 4 "real" Canadians now. This sucks! Ratio down from 7 to 4.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    * Ratio Update* : 8 starting Canadians, 1 of whom is nationalized Canadian (vet American, at least 3 years same team, or *5* in league). 3 other nationalized Americans can play up to 49 per cent of all snaps on offence or defence.#CFL #CFLPA

So I guess teams only need to start 4 "real" Canadians now. This sucks! Ratio down from 7 to 4.
    But there has to be at least 7 real Canadians playing 51% of the snaps. I'd rather see real Canadians make up 70-75% of the rosters, including starters, but this isn't the worst compromise. We'll have to see how it's implemented, but I think the intent is to allow Americans to back up Canadian starters.

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks guys for all the interesting information and conversation over the last years. The CFL died for me today. I'm out of here.