Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Any chance Foley could be trade bait? Trade deadline is 1 month away. (Wednesday, October 10th).
    If David Lee continues to play well he could very well take over the starting spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You are correct on the fact the Wake was not there in '09. But the fact remains, he's never had more than 6 in any other year. I guarantee, that if not for his birth certificate, you would not be so quick to defend him.

And I guarantee, if not for their birth certificates - your types would be instead questioning lesser defensive players like McCune, Horne, Flemons, Armstead, Ball or Kuale getting to stsrt or play lots on this same Argo D; which of those guys has led, or is about to lead, the CFL in one, let alone 2 defensive stat categories, in a season? Yep - Foley is just "horrible" - get that NI outta there.

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lee was an OUA all-star last year, used to play LB like Foley but moved to DE in 2009. I too am impressed with his play especially considering the fact he was on the PR at the start of the season. Foley only had 2 tackles in 2 games which isn't amazing but sometimes playing on the line isn't only about stats just like what Huntley said in that article. To give some credit to Foley I have seen him pressure the quarterback on several occasions just not against Hamilton.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 09-09-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Are we really going to have another pissing match over the ratio?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I see Floey doing little but perhaps they are happy with Foley just chasing guys into waiting tacklers arms. I don't know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And I guarantee, if not for their birth certificates - your types would be instead questioning lesser defensive players like McCune, Horne, Flemons, Armstead, Ball or Kuale getting to stsrt or play lots on this same Argo D; which of those guys has led, or is about to lead, the CFL in one, let alone 2 defensive stat categories, in a season? Yep - Foley is just "horrible" - get that NI outta there.
    That is absurd. Nobody wants Canadians to succeed more in this league than I do. I just refuse to give them special passes because of where they were born. In fact, I have mentioned in the past that I would like the league to go to less imports on the rosters. NI players tend to stick around longer, and I think familiarity with the rosters would actually improve attendance. But as long as the rosters are what they are, there is nothing that can be done. Are you also serious that those players that you mentioned are lesser players than Foley? Because if that is what you're saying, you're truly biased, and it would be very difficult to take your opinions seriously. Each of those players have made more plays this season than Foley, and Foley gets a lot more snaps on D than either Flemons, Kuale or Armstead.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That is absurd. Nobody wants Canadians to succeed more in this league than I do. I just refuse to give them special passes because of where they were born. In fact, I have mentioned in the past that I would like the league to go to less imports on the rosters. NI players tend to stick around longer, and I think familiarity with the rosters would actually improve attendance. But as long as the rosters are what they are, there is nothing that can be done. Are you also serious that those players that you mentioned are lesser players than Foley? Because if that is what you're saying, you're truly biased, and it would be very difficult to take your opinions seriously. Each of those players have made more plays this season than Foley, and Foley gets a lot more snaps on D than either Flemons, Kuale or Armstead.

You're not worth dscussing this topic with; you seriously believe a Kuale or Flemons or Armstead is anywhere near as good a defensive football player as Foley is ??? - well, you're entitled to your opinion; yet you failed to answer my question as to which of those players has or is going to lead the CFL in a defensive categrory in a season (Foley has tied for the league lead in sacks, also led all D-Linemen in the league in tackles (by a mile) last season); and you go out of your way to fabricate some false situation in an attempt to diminish or ignore what Foley did accomplish in the CFL.

Bias? - that's you; your repeated attempts to defend or praise a mediocre stiff of a QB like Lemon here was most notable; and i bet you were one of those here who bristled with indignation when some were saying they might like to see Kackert get some playing time when Boyd was the everydown RB - yeah Boyd should have been annointed the Argos starrting RB forever with nobody else allowed to play and Lemon should still be the Argos starting QB. You don't like to hear opinions other than your narrow view of what the Argos should be like - as the coaches always know best and tell it to you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You're not worth dscussing this topic with; you seriously believe a Kuale or Flemons or Armstead is anywhere near as good a defensive football player as Foley is ??? - well, you're entitled to your opinion; yet you failed to answer my question as to which of those players has or is going to lead the CFL in a defensive categrory in a season (Foley has tied for the league lead in sacks, also led all D-Linemen in the league in tackles (by a mile) last season); and you go out of your way to fabricate some false situation in an attempt to diminish or ignore what Foley did accomplish in the CFL.

Bias? - that's you; your repeated attempts to defend or praise a mediocre stiff of a QB like Lemon here was most notable; and i bet you were one of those here who bristled with indignation when some were saying they might like to see Kackert get some playing time when Boyd was the everydown RB - yeah Boyd should have been annointed the Argos starrting RB forever with nobody else allowed to play and Lemon should still be the Argos starting QB. You don't like to hear opinions other than your narrow view of what the Argos should be like - as the coaches always know best and tell it to you.
    You're right about one thing. Not worth discussing.bb

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    OV, are you drunk? Your post doesn't make much sense.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    OV, are you drunk? Your post doesn't make much sense.

Not drunk (yet) - but please explain what you don't understand?

Foley is "horrible" and should be replaced on the Argos D? - can you grasp that he has led the CFL in sacks and all D-Linemen in tackles in a season before? Did some people defend Cory Boyd as a great RB when there was suggestions that Kackert share some playing time and after Boyd got cut? Foley gets called out as a weak link on a strong Argo D, but the likes of Horne, Flemons, Kuale, Armstead, McCune are A-OK as starters who should not be questioned or maybe candidates for upgrades ? - what have they accomplished in the CFL by comparison?

???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Doesn't the Argos' defensive performance this year support the notion that the likes of Horne, Flemons, Kuale, Armstead and McCune are playing well? As for Foley, while he hasn't been as noticable this year, I believe that he is doing what he is being asked to do, even if he has griped about it a little. It is great that Foley led the league in sacks three years ago and tackles last year but it doesn't really matter much this season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Doesn't the Argos' defensive performance this year support the notion that the likes of Horne, Flemons, Kuale, Armstead and McCune are playing well? As for Foley, while he hasn't been as noticable this year, I believe that he is doing what he is being asked to do, even if he has griped about it a little. It is great that Foley led the league in sacks three years ago and tackles last year but it doesn't really matter much this season.

I agree, this Defense is playing well; it is what Championships are made of.

It will only get better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Where did Ricky Foley's Twitter account go?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Where did Ricky Foley's Twitter account go?
    yeah, seriously....i just noticed that too

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I agree, this Defense is playing well; it is what Championships are made of.

It will only get better.
    Except some of our DB's who have been horrid.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Our secondary has been very good this year. Sure they occasionally allow the long bomb, but that's the risk associated with Jones' defense. If it's anything on the D I'm concerned with it's the run D.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I would be curious to know which ones you think have been horrid, AT. I think they have all played very well.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    What games have you been watching?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hamilton could pursue Foley as a FA next season, they need help as we all know, but how attractive would that team be to sign with due to the unknown relocation (basically playing on the road next season, possibly beyond due to potential stadium construction delays). I could see Ricky return, but at a reduced salary.

Another factor is 2012 draftee Cleon Laing. I know there are posters on this forum that have him written off already, but he could potentially contribute next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Wow. Just wow.