Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I don`t really get why you have someone on the PR for 2 years straight, I`ve said this before with DJ Bolden. If he has so much potential or a future with the team then activate him already.
    Who are you talking about? Boldin has been gone since training camp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Did Maurice Mann even play yesterday or was he wearing some sort of cloaking device? I assume he was the wide side WR.
    As I said above, he dressed but did not play any downs on offence, from what I could see. He definitely did not play wideout because Inman was in on pretty well every play, and he could not replace Watt because of the ratio.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Time to give either or both of Ballard or Feoli-Gudino a real shot at receiver IMO: Barnes has been a bust - after being quite impressive with Ray & the Esks last season; and Mann has done next to nothing - why this guy keeps getting repeat CFL shots is beyond me; and Rambo has done little - thought he might be a decent addition with all his CFL experience and some big-play ability - but he's older / lots of mileage and always had some hands issues IMO.

Time to stop relying on guys who did something in the past and go to some new, young guys if the older guys just aren't producing; Inman has been a fine new addition to the receiving corps and Owens has turned it up as a receiver (still iffy hands/fumbles issues though - but i guess this coaching staff sees him as a legit #1 CFL receiver); Durie has regressed somewhat with drops problems, but he's more a dump-off, short pass YAC yards threat; Watt has looked good recently and needs to see more passes his way IMO; Bradwell looks like a solid hands guy who should play more.

Somebody else needs more action and a chance to step-it up as a good addition to the receiving corps; not sure this coaching staff would consider playing 3 NIs though - but Watt, Durie + one or both of Bradwell and Feoli-Gudino (to go with Owens and Inman)might improve the Argos pass catching game.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Who are you talking about? Boldin has been gone since training camp.
    I'm talking about Ballard but back when we had Bolden I said that its a waste to keep someone on the PR for two seasons straight and he should've been activated. Fast forward to now Ballard has been on the PR for two years and is in the exact same situation. MTL & BC has been using players off their PR for years such as London, Bowling, Hawkins and Kierre Johnson while the Argos are just using their PR as a scout team. I'm tired of hearing we have Ballard, we have Ballard but never use him. If he has a future activate him once, if not release him.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 09-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    The Argos have tried Barnes, Rambo and Mann. I'd rather see Chandler Williams dress. At least Williams can do some special teams returns and coverage, something the other three can't.
    Those three guys have been a disappointment in my books. Especially with a QB like Ricky Ray throwing to them. Rambo has been the best of the bunch in the past but I'm afraid he is getting past his best before date. Much like Copeland last year. Argos still haven't found that game breaker IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They couldn't really utilize him in the passing game, because I don't think JJ sees any receivers that aren't at least 15 yards down field. LOL.
    This gave me a great laugh that I needed tonight. (Where is that LOL icon when you need it?)
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Those three guys have been a disappointment in my books. Especially with a QB like Ricky Ray throwing to them. Rambo has been the best of the bunch in the past but I'm afraid he is getting past his best before date. Much like Copeland last year. Argos still haven't found that game breaker IMO.
    We seem to be that one receiver away from really busting out offensively and so far none of Barnes, Rambo or Mann has been the answer. I wouldn't mind seeing Barnes get another shot or seeing Chandler Williams (who I had forgotten about), Demario Ballard or even Feoli-Gudino get their opportunity. Williams had a couple of nice long pass and run plays against Montreal earlier in the season IIRC.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm talking about Ballard but back when we had Bolden I said that its a waste to keep someone on the PR for two seasons straight and he should've been activated. Fast forward to now Ballard has been on the PR for two years and is in the exact same situation. MTL & BC has been using players off their PR for years such as London, Bowling, Hawkins and Kierre Johnson while the Argos are just using their PR as a scout team. I'm tired of hearing we have Ballard, we have Ballard but never use him. If he has a future activate him once, if not release him.
    But how long did some of the Mtl guys hang around on the PR? I would bet that some of them were on the PR for long periods of time before they developed into starters. Not saying I would't mind seeing Ballard if he's judged to be as good as who we have, but the fact he has been on the PR for as long as he has does not mean he can't possibly develop later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    But how long did some of the Mtl guys hang around on the PR? I would bet that some of them were on the PR for long periods of time before they developed into starters. Not saying I would't mind seeing Ballard if he's judged to be as good as who we have, but the fact he has been on the PR for as long as he has does not mean he can't possibly develop later.
    But then this brings up the old debate of "real competition" and not just "penciled in stuff" from the "good ole boys".
    It's us vs the rest of the country