Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ok positive posters, what do you have to say now? Funny how the guy like me who many look down on as knowing squat or is always negative really is never far off the mark. I called for maybe 6 wins with all of the changes and that we need more than Ray, but I'm the dumb ass right? It's called 43 years of watching this mostly crap with the odd ok year. This is CRAP!

Let's hear what everyone else thinks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 797
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Mike Hogan summed it up best on the pre game show..."If this team can't be Winnipeg there is something wrong". How does an offence led by Gary Crowton whip Jones D?

This teams far from making the post season.......oh, how does Brink line up in a high school offence and just gain yards effortlessly??

I could go on....

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    question is it easier to swallow this pill live . its getting real hard living far out of town to do so. look forward every week for the game but it is really getting hard to watch and i have since i was young many years ago

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Mike Hogan summed it up best on the pre game show..."If this team can't be Winnipeg there is something wrong". How does an offence led by Gary Crowton whip Jones D?

This teams far from making the post season.......oh, how does Brink line up in a high school offence and just gain yards effortlessly??

I could go on....
    starting to question jones .there seems to be some good players

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    This loss is squarely on the shoulders of Jim Barker. 260 rushing yards given up is not acceptable. I realize, don't agree with it but realize that Chris Jones' defenses are not designed to put pressure on the quarterback but this D line needs to be addressed. Adriano Belli is not going to be the answer but Jim Barker doesn't seem to have a better option available. Here's one for you, Jim. Why not bring back Jim Stillwagon? He's apparently in a fiesty mood these days.

I'm not a happy camper tonight.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    You nailed it larz-7. 10 stinking years on Vancouver Island and it's very difficult especially with the last week we've had in our house. My wife went to Calgary two weeks ago for her parents 50th. She was to come home last Sunday. But last Friday one of her best friends walked out of work at her First Calgary Bank branch and basically pasted out and died in the parking lot. My wife stayed in Calgary and needless to say has been a stressed out mess. Today I get a call saying she's developed shingles. WTF. I guess anyone who's had Chicken Pox can develop this later in life. WTF I mean really. When it comes right down to it, SCREW THE Argos and the broken down boat they came in on. On the 20th is the anniversary of my dads fatal heart attack on the way to an Argo game in 91. He died on the Skywalk with my mom by his side. I get into this team bigtime but maybe it's time to live life and skip some of these stupid games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    You nailed it larz-7. 10 stinking years on Vancouver Island and it's very difficult especially with the last week we've had in our house. My wife went to Calgary two weeks ago for her parents 50th. She was to come home last Sunday. But last Friday one of her best friends walked out of work at her First Calgary Bank branch and basically pasted out and died in the parking lot. My wife stayed in Calgary and needless to say has been a stressed out mess. Today I get a call saying she's developed shingles. WTF. I guess anyone who's had Chicken Pox can develop this later in life. WTF I mean really. When it comes right down to it, SCREW THE Argos and the broken down boat they came in on. On the 20th is the anniversary of my dads fatal heart attack on the way to an Argo game in 91. He died on the Skywalk with my mom by his side. I get into this team bigtime but maybe it's time to live life and skip some of these stupid games.
    Sorry to hear about the tough times, 1argoholic. This entire year has been a lousy one for me so I can empathize about how you look for a bright spot with this team and they disappoint. Tonight was tough to watch. I can't believe that the defence was that bad tonight. The offence produced but the defence let the team down although the three turnovers were killers too. As frustrating as tonight and the last few weeks have been, I am sure that we will both be watching next week and hoping for the best. Maybe next Saturday will the be the day that they turn this around but they definitely have some soul-searching to do.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    sorry to hear about your wife and everything else . mine had a bout of the same brought from stress.mad tonite yes .will i watch next week probaly .will i buy you a beer at greycup yes .hope i run into you there

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Yah Ravi, I should be excited about turning 50 this month but it's been the year from hell. I've been injured and have made squat work wise on top of everything else. The walls of the house are closing in but I still try and not stress and be as much of a clown as I can but it does get difficult. Plus I hate where I live and want to move back to Ontario bigtime. Then my first love in the Argos continues to struggle. Really is amazing how we let ourselves get caught up in sport.
    This game really sucked the hope out of me for the 2012 Argonauts.

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well I'm a bit happy I decided against going to the game when I was offered free tickets. Pleased to see the Ray-Barnes connection work wonders, but back on the hate end of my love/hate for Owens for those damn giveaways. And it seemed like every hand-off to Simpson involves him crossing the first down line.

On a plus, at least the Kick for A Million guy did very good. And when I heard that Wendys guy tell him that money's good for a lot of Baconators... oh brother..

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    On a plus, at least the Kick for A Million guy did very good. And when I heard that Wendys guy tell him that money's good for a lot of Baconators... oh brother..
    Yup. Once again they (TSN guys) worked hard to help him miss by getting the crowd to make noise and get him to be distracted. Those sponsors do not want to pay out if possible.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I always want the best even thought you can see deep down what's lining up on the field. Now I say, well I can't say what I really want or the mods will be on me yet again. It's all CRAP and doesn't matter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    We better get some help from Calgary tomorrow and Winnipeg next week. I think there is almost no chance we will win in Sask, so if Hamilton wins just one of their next two, they will be able to push us out of the playoffs if they win by nine in the final game (thanks to us giving up two late TDs in "garbage time" against Hamilton seven weeks ago). That would be a brutal ending to what has become an extremely disappointing season. At 6-4, 10 or even 11 wins seemed realistic. Now the best we can probably hope for is to go 8-10, and 7-11 is a distinct possibility.

I am putting this one on Jones. His defensive schemes are too complicated -- it's like he outsmarts himself half the time. The defensive players constantly seem confused about what the alignment is, and they spend more time gazing at his signals than actually getting set for the next play. And we clearly are hopeless against the run -- last week Mtl stuffed it down out throats in the second half, and tonight Wpg ran almost at will -- more than 40 carries! The d-line and the LBs are all brutal run stoppers. And our tackling was atrocious tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Ya, that's tough. My wife is just having a small bout with Shingles. Comes from stress and the weakened immunity as a result of such stress. And you're right ... anyone who's has chickenpox can get shingles at any time. It lives in the nerves. Someone with shingles can also give someone chicken pox (if they never had it) in the contagious period.

As to the team. I used to be a lot like you but it just came to me that being that passionate wasn't worth it. Now I just watch the games and if they win ... they win. If they lose ... they lose. I have found to my surprise that either outcome has no effect on my life so ultimately either result is a yawn for me. I'm happy if they win but not sad if they lose. I can now watch a game and if the other team makes a dazzling play against the Argos ... I can enjoy that play for the beauty it was and no longer get all mad at the team for allowing it to happen.

So cheer for the team ... and live life. Who says you can't have both. (and "life" wins every time over watching a game on TV) But that's just me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    What a game. The Boatmen are a headshaker the last month, The team made alot of strides and really were peaking during the ticat back to back. I am pretty peed off that they pizzed it all away and got spanked by an injury riddled team that should be playing dejected football. The bombers running game were splitting our dline like the red sea. On top of that we are beating ourselves by not playing disaplined football in regards to the simple fundamentals. I am not calling anyone out but what are the coaches doing in regards to stressing ball security. I have absolutely zero faith in our guys getting any substantial gains without risking yet another turnover.
    The only positive i can take from tonight was that Ray did not look too rusty and he seems to have healed nicely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Level
    So cheer for the team ... and live life. Who says you can't have both. (and "life" wins every time over watching a game on TV) But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I'm obviously disappointed when they lose and happy when they win but I too made the decision that I wouldn't let an Argo game dictate my day/life. At the end of it all, it's just sports, there for my entertainment. I love the CFL and in particular the Argos so even if the game isn't that "entertaining" they will still have my support but gone are the days when I'm angry over a loss. BUT maybe that's also because as an Argo/Leafs fan I've become numb to it all!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I've become better with it. It used to eat at me all the following week after a loss. Now it's just the day or night of a loss. I just can't understand why other teams can find the talent that we can't. Look at BC tonight. Look at Winnipeg's backup rb Ford running wild. You'd think with the Argos long history we'd have 30 Grey Cups. It's a head shaker.

I've given up on the Leafs an NHL and don't miss them at this point.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    How long has it been since we can say that the offense produced, but the defense let us down? Credit to Winnipeg they put a game plan in place and worked it to perfection. The Argos looked slow and pathetic on many of those rushing attempts by the Blue Bombers. Buck also stood his ground in the pocket and numerous times got the ball of just in time to complete to a receiver. Two hundred and sixty five rushing yards allowed says it all, the run defense started the year off well, but hasn't looked great since the debacle against Edmonton in late August. There will have to be improvements to the DL in the off-season and maybe adding some size to the LB corps? Winnipeg converted way too many 2nd and longs tonight and that was the most frustrating part.

Ray had a great game I thought and even the o-line wasn't completely horrid tonight. Chad Owens two fumbles really, really cost them though, the first gave WPG a 14-0 lead and the second snuffed out a good drive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We better get some help from Calgary tomorrow and Winnipeg next week. I think there is almost no chance we will win in Sask, so if Hamilton wins just one of their next two, they will be able to push us out of the playoffs if they win by nine in the final game (thanks to us giving up two late TDs in "garbage time" against Hamilton seven weeks ago). That would be a brutal ending to what has become an extremely disappointing season. At 6-4, 10 or even 11 wins seemed realistic. Now the best we can probably hope for is to go 8-10, and 7-11 is a distinct possibility.

I am putting this one on Jones. His defensive schemes are too complicated -- it's like he outsmarts himself half the time. The defensive players constantly seem confused about what the alignment is, and they spend more time gazing at his signals than actually getting set for the next play. And we clearly are hopeless against the run -- last week Mtl stuffed it down out throats in the second half, and tonight Wpg ran almost at will -- more than 40 carries! The d-line and the LBs are all brutal run stoppers. And our tackling was atrocious tonight.
    In what has been a bizarre season in this league where anyone can pretty well beat anyone else on any given day, I would not at all be surprised to see the Argos walk into Regina and win. Yeah, I know that it seems unlikely tonight but most teams have been up and down all year and we are at our low point now.

Could it be that Jones' defence is too complicated? Maybe, but the defence had been playing very well for much of the season IMO prior to the last month and, even still, they held the Als to 17 points last week despite all of the offensive two and outs. Tonight's performance against Winnipeg is just baffling to me.

Anyway, they have to look at next week's game as an opportunity to turn this season around just in time for the playoffs. Hopefully that will happen.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Take care 1argoholic. I hope things turn for the better soon for you. Perhaps taking other people's advice to place less importance on football and the Argos might help reduce your stress level a little.

Tonight I went to the Lions game with a friend, so I missed the second half. When I said earlier at the end of the first quarter that the Argos are losing ugly my verb was in the present tense, not the past, meaning there was still time to turn the game around, but only if all three aspects of the Argo game improved. As it turns out while their offence got going and showed promise, Owens' special teams work was dismal at best and I believe that he needs a week off to let his body recover from all the pounding he has taken as a receiver and returner. 260 yards rushing by Winnipeg says it all. Other teams will continue to run the ball down the Argo's throat until they devise a way to stop it.