Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyler Holmes

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I suspect with the NFL expanding TC rosters up to 90, Willson will land and spot due to athletic ability....remember OV, the genius CFL thinkers converted some guy named Jeff Keeping, a CIS TE into a lineman...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Wilson is a big target and that 40 time is probably faster than a lot of CFL starting slotbacks now; so - he might make a good CFL slotback; or, some genius CFL thinker might want to convert him to O-Line - cause that's more where a big Canadian boy should line-up (? ;o) )

Regardless - I'll take bets on wether he EVER reports to the Argos, and i say no (not giving any odds though ) )
    I'll say yes, though it may be a few years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I suspect with the NFL expanding TC rosters up to 90, Willson will land and spot due to athletic ability....remember OV, the genius CFL thinkers converted some guy named Jeff Keeping, a CIS TE into a lineman...
    Yeah - and Jamie Taras was a CIS fullback/slotback i believe and became a very good CFL O-Lineman (way better than Keeping IMO).

IF some CFL thinkers want to convert Wilson - a big target, Div. I starting TE who is probably faster than a lot of star starting slotbacks in the league, to an O-Lineman, cause that's where they see big Canadian kids playing in the league, hey - more power to em' / knock yourselves out; basically laughable though IMO, and maybe insulting to a number of top rated O-lineman who have proven they can play there in college ball and are available to be drafted or tried-out there, vs. a guy who has zip experience at the position but is a good "athlete".

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Is he done with Baseball ?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    He's done with the Jays because they don't have real grass.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Yeah - and Jamie Taras was a CIS fullback/slotback i believe and became a very good CFL O-Lineman (way better than Keeping IMO).

IF some CFL thinkers want to convert Wilson - a big target, Div. I starting TE who is probably faster than a lot of star starting slotbacks in the league, to an O-Lineman, cause that's where they see big Canadian kids playing in the league, hey - more power to em' / knock yourselves out; basically laughable though IMO, and maybe insulting to a number of top rated O-lineman who have proven they can play there in college ball and are available to be drafted or tried-out there, vs. a guy who has zip experience at the position but is a good "athlete".
    Was Taras as good as Keeping in his first year as a starter? It's pretty easy to look at his success over his career and say he was better than Keeping is, but the true story won't be known until Keeping's career is over. I'm sure Taras has thanked whatever genius thinker it was that converted him to centre. It likely added many years on to his career and made him a lot more money than a back-up FB would have made.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Was Taras as good as Keeping in his first year as a starter? It's pretty easy to look at his success over his career and say he was better than Keeping is, but the true story won't be known until Keeping's career is over. I'm sure Taras has thanked whatever genius thinker it was that converted him to centre. It likely added many years on to his career and made him a lot more money than a back-up FB would have made.
    Likewise, Keeping is heading into his ninth CFL season. He played on the defensive line initially but has now spent the majority of his career on the offensive line. It is doubtful that a career as a tight end would have lasted nearly as long for Keeping.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Keeping has already completed 8 years in the CFL, including one with Montreal where he did not play a single game, long enough to give a strong indication of his career trajectory. Although his career is not over, he shows no indication of coming close to Taras's career. In his second year, 1995, Taras "playing guard, was named a CFL All-Star for the first time. Taras would be named a CFL All-Star a second time, in 1999, for his play at center. Taras twice won the Demarco-Beckett Memorial Trophy as the CFL Western Division's Most Outstanding Lineman, in 1995 and 1999. In 1999, Taras was also awarded the Dr. Beattie Martin Trophy as the Most Outstanding Canadian in the CFL Western Division."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Taras

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    He's done with the Jays because they don't have real grass.
    Oh, he'll be back with the Jays in 5 years.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Keeping has already completed 8 years in the CFL, including one with Montreal where he did not play a single game, long enough to give a strong indication of his career trajectory. Although his career is not over, he shows no indication of coming close to Taras's career. In his second year, 1995, Taras "playing guard, was named a CFL All-Star for the first time. Taras would be named a CFL All-Star a second time, in 1999, for his play at center. Taras twice won the Demarco-Beckett Memorial Trophy as the CFL Western Division's Most Outstanding Lineman, in 1995 and 1999. In 1999, Taras was also awarded the Dr. Beattie Martin Trophy as the Most Outstanding Canadian in the CFL Western Division."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Taras
    All good points. It's hard to believe Keeping has been in the league that long. He had so many injuries early in his career, that along with the indecision of where he would fit in best, is the reason it took him so long to be a starter. I think he played great last year, and will get better. If he can put together 5 more (injury free) solid seasons, it'll be interesting to do a comparison of careers at that point.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    All good points. It's hard to believe Keeping has been in the league that long. He had so many injuries early in his career, that along with the indecision of where he would fit in best, is the reason it took him so long to be a starter. I think he played great last year, and will get better. If he can put together 5 more (injury free) solid seasons, it'll be interesting to do a comparison of careers at that point.
    I saw Keeping play live a couple of times at Western when I resided in London...I think his TE playing weight was 240bs...he has "Grown" into the position of O-lineman.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Neutral news relating to Holmes: The Vikings signed a guard who is expected to compete for a backup job this season. However, they also lost a backup guard during free agency, so this doesn't really diminish Holmes' chances of staying with Minnesota.