Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2195
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    That place looks cheesy as HELL! Those cheap assed hard plastic seats drilled into concrete will be great late in the season. The whole scene makes my skin crawl. I guess we can't blame them as the Argos and Braley have done squat and it is BMO field for TFC. As far as I'm concerned until I hear anything different we are DONE once Rogers kicks us out.

Should we indeed somehow end up there I'll be watching games from home.
    I completely understand how you feel, being an extremely zealous fan of the Double Blue myself. Have you been to BMO field though? I've been to a few rugby matches there and I can tell you it is an amazing stadium. You can't get a bad seat there even if you tried. It was practically built for Canadian Football. The base of the stands on the East side is metal so a lot of noise can be drummed up by stomping. If the Argos get the move there and butts fill the seats, the colour scheme and TFC logos will not matter at all. Besides, we can't really ask for much as Argos fans beyond moving into BMO. Not until Torontonians in my generation wake the hell up and start appreciating real football. We just don't have the draw to terraform the stadium yet.

However, if TFC has another few abysmal seasons and the BMO move gets done, I can see a scenario where it would slowly look more like a true home for the Argos with each season. I could be wrong, but I keep hearing TFC's fanbase is dwindling, and I've over heard from fans the same "MLSE doesn't care" attitude that Leafs fans have.

What I'm trying to say is, you would be missing out if you didn't go to see the Argos at BMO.

As for the protesting TFC fans, their word means nothing until the team has a season that is not absolutely humiliating for Toronto.

(Edited because of poor english)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I completely understand how you feel, being an extremely zealous fan of the Double Blue myself. Have you been to BMO field though? I've been to a few rugby matches there and I can tell you it is an amazing stadium. You can't get a bad seat there even if you tried. It was practically built for Canadian Football. The base of the stands on the East side is metal so a lot of noise can be drummed up by stomping. If the Argos get the move there and butts fill the seats, the colour scheme and TFC logos will not matter at all. Besides, we can't really ask for much as Argos fans beyond moving into BMO. Not until Torontonians in my generation wake the hell up and start appreciating real football. We just don't have the draw to terraform the stadium yet.
    I personally can't wait for this move to happen. I think the Argos need a huge change to the game day experience, and being closer to the field with a not half (75%?) empty stadium will change the thoughts to the fans that don't want anything to do with BMO.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I personally can't wait for this move to happen. I think the Argos need a huge change to the game day experience, and being closer to the field with a not half (75%?) empty stadium will change the thoughts to the fans that don't want anything to do with BMO.
    While i agree with what you have said Angelo, what scares the HELL out of me is WHAT IF, the Argo's are in such a sorry state when this move finally happens that they only draw 12 to 14K???...empty bright red seats...YIKES.

PLUS, the OLDER Argofans may not be too excited about sitting in the cold and rain (we enjoyed it in the 1980's), but now?...hmmmm
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    While i agree with what you have said Angelo, what scares the HELL out of me is WHAT IF, the Argo's are in such a sorry state when this move finally happens that they only draw 12 to 14K???...empty bright red seats...YIKES.

PLUS, the OLDER Argofans may not be too excited about sitting in the cold and rain (we enjoyed it in the 1980's), but now?...hmmmm
    I don't see that doomsday scenario happening at all but is 12k-14k at BMO any worse than 10k at SkyDome?

Listening to the new commissioner on Bob McCown's show and combining that with what was said by David Braley to a Vancouver radio station and what was said at the press conference to introduce Jeffrey Orridge, it sounds like a deal is coming and may even happen sooner rather than later. Orridge's interview with Bob McCown is located at the following link and pay close attention to what he says about the Argo situation: http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I was one of those fans sitting in the rain and loved it.......at the time, now approaching 50 not as much, having said that the stands will eventually be covered at BMO. Being out in the cold but at least dry wouldn't be bad at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

If we are only worried about the older fans, this team will be dead within a few years. They need a good atmosphere, where people have a great time to get the younger generation out. Look at TFC, despite not having any on field success, are a success at the box office, and apparently people have a great time. Honestly, do you think that there really are that many die hard MLS fans in this city? I certainly don't, but if people feel they are getting a great experience, they will return.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I think reaching that immigrant population would help too.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The Argos have never really tried that Fumblitis or at least on a constant basis. Hell at this point that is Toronto.
    Getting football back into a bunch of TO highschools has helped somewhat. At this point we hear zero about The Argos. No marketing, no squat. Not sure what Braley is doing. I'm pissed at the whole scene.
    Most fans just want a place for them to play. TFC stadium doesn't work for this Argo fan. It's settling and a massive step backwards. The only bright light might be that if we get in there and do well that one day we'll have our own stadium built.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I think reaching that immigrant population would help too.
    "Soccer" automatically does that ... CFL doesn't. Good luck.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    One will only read about it if it associated with the problems of no stadium, or new owner ..... there's only interest here not controversy .... which is too bad as I would love to hear how many QBs they had at the FA tryout.... and how did Shutter compare.

Now back to the Argos at BMO thread ....... I just reviewed the clip posted by Rdavies on the BMO status as of this weekend.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2015/0...yvFkBF36FyKnro

Those red seats need some dressing up ..... I say that the Argos market seat covers that stretch over these seats that are cushioned on the seat and a big A on the back ..... Double Blue in colour ..... All STH get them put on their seat every game ..... shouldn't take too long and it can change the colour scheme easy enough .... Wouldn't want Calgary to think they were coming to a home game in TO.

At least your legs won't stick in the summer .
    This I a great idea. A personalized seat cover that I could wash at home and cover the red seats. Brilliant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quick anecdote:

I talked to a guy in his early 20s yesterday, he said he knew nothing about the CFL and had never seen a game, but that he would like to go see the Argos play at BMO because it's such a "sick party" place. He likes to drink beer and have fun outdoors -- and because of that he will become an Argo fan when they move to BMO.
    Last edited by Rich; 03-20-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    "Soccer" automatically does that ... CFL doesn't. Good luck.
    It would be difficult to reach first generation immigrants. The youth of that generation may the ones the marketing gurus want to target.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    It would be difficult to reach first generation immigrants. The youth of that generation may the ones the marketing gurus want to target.
    I think there is a lot of truth to this. I know among the italian community few of the immigrants follow CFL/NFL but many second generation follows CFL/NFL and soccer (both MLS and overseas).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    This I a great idea. A personalized seat cover that I could wash at home and cover the red seats. Brilliant.
    is this really an issue?? lol . Leafs seats are red,green,grey, etc. who cares, fill the stadium, no one will see the seats, problem solved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    is this really an issue?? lol . Leafs seats are red,green,grey, etc. who cares, fill the stadium, no one will see the seats, problem solved.
    I do think so from the perspective of how it looks on tv and the impression it gives that we play in someone else's stadium. If iwas not important you would not see new stadiums that try to colour-match the seat to the tenant's colours. Modern stadiums seem to be going out of their way to do that in lots of leagues including ours (witness Winnipeg and future SSK stadium.)

I am sure your house is nice and I could come over and fill one of your lazy boys but its still not my house. I think the Argos would play better if their house was in their own colours if not for optics alone.

If I got a personalized seat cover that for an extra $20 I could put my name on the back or STH Since: ???? date on it or whatever, it could also serve as revenue generator for the team which I am sure they'd take it. Good conversation starter among section mates too. No matter what you do, there will always be empty seats at a game an red is not our thing.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    First things first ... get a stadium.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Cautiously optimistic about this tweet, but I think we've had several false alarms in the past.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If that Rogers shell Cox is tweeting it, it must be close. There is no way he would do such an about face. He's a jerk, but not an idiot.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Braley denies it:

Last edited by Will; 03-23-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022