Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With the oil economy in the dumps, it is not surprising that $100 tickets were not selling like hotcakes.
    Tryed my best,....used PREMIUM GAS....asked for DOUBLE bags at safeway,...anything plastic, anything that would piss off (the fraud) Suzuki,...

And the crowd was still less than a gathering at either York, or U of T,.....

but who cares...THE ARGO`S WON...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Whitaker looks like his old self, adding a dimension to the Argo offence that wasn't there last year (and I'm saying this even though I think Steele is a good RB).

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Argonaut11xx we can agree on the love of our team and CFL but I'm a total environmentalist. I care more about nature and the David Suzuki's of the World rather then DICKS like PM Harper who loves nothing more then to trash our planet. He has the total BS beliefs that his god or jesus will be back to heal all the damage that he's done.
    Oh and a big F to the Fort Macs of the world.
    I'd feel worse if one of my Red and Grey Squirrels or Chipmunks was hit in front our house rather than a person. People that feel they're rulers of this planet are misguided. Basically people piss me off.

Great game by the guys. Hope Waters is ok or I'd bring in McCallum.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have to admit it was an awkward situation for the Argos game day team. It was a "home game," but obviously the majority of the crowd was cheering for the Eskimos. They tried to bring reminders of home such as Don Landry on PA, the Argonotes and the cheerleaders. The geography of the area seems nice, the complex they've built is impressive, but haven't seen enough of area to make a judgment yet. The road from Edmonton is 2-lanes (being twinned).

As for the game the Argos did leave some points on the field, but breaking in new running backs and receivers I can excuse that. The O-line kept Harris upright for the most part which was great. It was good to see Elliott, Hazelton and Gurley make contributions today as well as Whitaker. Argos D nice and physical too.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Waters loss hopefully will not be a crucial blow, I recall he had a similar injury back in 13 with Pre coming back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Tryed my best,....used PREMIUM GAS....asked for DOUBLE bags at safeway,...anything plastic, anything that would piss off (the fraud) Suzuki,...

And the crowd was still less than a gathering at either York, or U of T,.....

but who cares...THE ARGO`S WON...
    What a superb game played by Harris and the rest of the team, masterfully assembled by Barker and tutored by the coaching staff!
    It is, however, no surprise, to anyone that appreciated the talent on this team... and the consistent, sensible, confidence of Harris.

The only negative - apart from the possible extent of Waters' injury - is the quoted rant, which is certainly one of the most asinine posts that I've seen in any forum anywhere.

Any intelligent citizen can learn that the world is being choked by plastic waste, material that features a complex of ecologically and biologically insidious properties. So much for quantity, and so much for the perverse lust for DOUBLE bags.

What about quality? Interestingly enough, the subject of the latest episode of The Nature of Things - in the 31st year (IIRC) of "The Fraud", Dr. David Suzuki, educating people around the world by explaining the scientific basis of how the world works - concerns the endocrine disruptors now linked to the global epidemic of human obesity, i.e., the various chemical compounds involved with plastic, plastic containers, and various other kinds of product.

Similarly - depressingly so - shooting a messenger of anthropogenic global warming - yet again, "(the fraud) Suzuki", a scientist with a comprehensive understanding of the myriad interrelationships in nature, and in agreement with the world's climatologists - reveals a poster content to wallow in a deep well of impenetrable ignorance. I suggest the poster avail himself of the several high-quality online courses concerned with climate change, put together by collections of recognized scientific experts and offered through some of the world's top universities. Do not omit "Making Sense of Climate Change Denial" at edx.org.

This board is supposed to be about the Toronto Argonauts. The subject is Canadian Football. This is a forum to talk football, not to spit out venom that only serves to defame one of your betters.

So talk football and let everyone else talk football. Here it should be all about our shared interest in the Toronto Argonauts and the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Hope Waters is ok or I'd bring in McCallum.
    The problem is that McCallum can only kick FG from within 40 yards, although he is near perfect in his ability to do so. He can't punt or do kickoffs anymore so you would have to bring a second kicker in to do that stuff unless you want to count on Stala for that. I have a feeling that Waters won't be out for very long but I could see them having to use a replacement next week at least. Hugh O'Neill might be the best available guy out there at the moment.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not sure who would know Lori Bursey on here but her and my buddy Finn are there. Lori's nickname is The Diva so I sent her an e-mail asking her if she was at the local mall shopping for a new oil and fire resistant lumber jacket. haha. When she moved from the 416 to 905 I bought her a blue and black lumber jacket and she was discussed and took right back to Marks. Should be some good stories from The Mac.
    I talk to Lori all the time at practices. She is a great fan and nice person.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Now waiting for Angelo to chime in telling us how he's been to most of the practices the last 3 seasons and always knew Harris had the ability
    I have nothing to lie about. I admit that when the Argos had both QB's, I was higher on Collaros. I don't have any problem with him at all. My problem is with people that say they should have dumped a hall of fame QB, who at the time likely had 5 good season's left, in order to give his job to a guy that had played 5 good games. With the exception of Eric Tillman, no GM would do that. Collaros want to start right away, and left. OTOH, Harris showed patience, and a great team first mentality. He deserves a lot more respect than he gets from the guys that have a man crush on ZC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It says something about the lack of support as well for the Esks, being the closest team away.
    Pathetic.
    didn't the esks already play preseason game in Fort Mac ?? how was attendance for that 1?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    didn't the esks already play preseason game in Fort Mac ?? how was attendance for that 1?
    A little under 12k.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    What a superb game played by Harris and the rest of the team, masterfully assembled by Barker and tutored by the coaching staff!
    It is, however, no surprise, to anyone that appreciated the talent on this team... and the consistent, sensible, confidence of Harris.

The only negative - apart from the possible extent of Waters' injury - is the quoted rant, which is certainly one of the most asinine posts that I've seen in any forum anywhere.

Any intelligent citizen can learn that the world is being choked by plastic waste, material that features a complex of ecologically and biologically insidious properties. So much for quantity, and so much for the perverse lust for DOUBLE bags.

What about quality? Interestingly enough, the subject of the latest episode of The Nature of Things - in the 31st year (IIRC) of "The Fraud", Dr. David Suzuki, educating people around the world by explaining the scientific basis of how the world works - concerns the endocrine disruptors now linked to the global epidemic of human obesity, i.e., the various chemical compounds involved with plastic, plastic containers, and various other kinds of product.

Similarly - depressingly so - shooting a messenger of anthropogenic global warming - yet again, "(the fraud) Suzuki", a scientist with a comprehensive understanding of the myriad interrelationships in nature, and in agreement with the world's climatologists - reveals a poster content to wallow in a deep well of impenetrable ignorance. I suggest the poster avail himself of the several high-quality online courses concerned with climate change, put together by collections of recognized scientific experts and offered through some of the world's top universities. Do not omit "Making Sense of Climate Change Denial" at edx.org.

This board is supposed to be about the Toronto Argonauts. The subject is Canadian Football. This is a forum to talk football, not to spit out venom that only serves to defame one of your betters.

So talk football and let everyone else talk football. Here it should be all about our shared interest in the Toronto Argonauts and the CFL.
    Great post Argo!!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:

Level
    I had my doubts about this game, especially Harris but after tonight...not anymore. WOW! What a performance by #7. I know it's only his second career start, but he really looked good out there. The team as a whole was awesome. The early turnovers in the first quarter had me thinking that it would turn out like last season where we were turnover machines that led to our downfall but the men pulled through and my hat goes off to them.

Doing it without a kicker for half the game was just the icing on the cake. Hope Waters injury isn't too serious though. Not really comfortable with Stala handling our kicking duties. On to week number two!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    A little under 12k.
    FYI that game was hyped for 2 years as the stadium was being built and featured a huge natural rivalry between Edmonton and Saskatchewan and the kickoff event in a brand new facility. It's too bad our game was so close to that one. I'm sure the novelty wore off.

Have seen lots of ads for two upcoming NASL games, FC Edmonton vs San Antonio or something, priced $10-$45. It'll be interesting to see what sort of crowd they get for that at that price point.

I think it's a neat spot, a gorgeous setting surrounded by trees - you can't even really see another building from the stadium, just trees in every direction. There ought to be an exhibition game here periodically, despite the smaller crowd today. (wow, was it hot, everybody was looking for shade..)
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:

Level
    Great game! Harris played way better than I expected with his near record-breaking performance. I had my doubts about him since the Collaros days but I will gladly eat my hat with no sauce after seeing what he did. The defence is vicious, but it will be interesting to see how they hold up against other Western teams. Sad to see Swayze go down but I doubt he will be out for long as there were talks of him returning late in the game. Whitaker looks good. I think the Boatmen should regularly gun for two points after the major if Harris is doing this great.

Now the first five games of football season are never telling but I'm optimistic. I haven't seen this team with naked eyes yet, though I had a feeling the media wasn't giving them enough credit. The Argos look good.

Nice stadium. God awful attendance. Looks like were going to have to pack the house on August 8. Can't wait for the "F you Rogers" chants!

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Yes but the new ownership and stadium situation being resolved almost makes bashing Braley irrelevant, most are looking forward to much better days ahead.

Yes I agree I hope to see those better days ahead for the Argos. I was just trying to point out yet again for some of the people that actually think Braley has done good for the Argos and cfl that he has been a total failure in trying to build up this league and its fan base. We should never forget all of the mistakes and failures that occurred with him running this franchise to the ground so we don't repeat ourselves in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Harris played a great game yesterday but let's also credit the O-Line who played really well, Himebauch's coaching seems to have already benefitted this team!!
    Last edited by Argo57; 06-28-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argonaut11xx we can agree on the love of our team and CFL but I'm a total environmentalist. I care more about nature and the David Suzuki's of the World rather then DICKS like PM Harper who loves nothing more then to trash our planet. He has the total BS beliefs that his god or jesus will be back to heal all the damage that he's done.
    I'd feel worse if one of my Red and Grey Squirrels or Chipmunks was hit in front our house rather than a person. People that feel they're rulers of this planet are misguided. Basically people piss me off.

Thumbs up!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Congrats Argos (and fans) on the convincing win yesterday. There was not a weak area of the game at all for your guys. They dominated and my Esks looked like they were still in preseason. I was particularly surprised at how open the lanes were in the middle for Whitaker.

Hoping Waters is okay. Any word? Still no official word on the extent of Reilly's injury, but I don't think it looks good at all. These things happen. Wish our coach would have pulled him after the first injury earlier in the game, but he can be a stubborn guy (both coach Jones and Reilly).
    Support CFL league & team sponsors by buying their stuff!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level

According to the Forum Rules most of these remarks should be in some Off Topic threads.