Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argos tickets are currently more expensive than that. Seems to me like you are setting the seeds to bad mouth the new owners if they don't lower ticket prices. I guess it goes hand in hand with your constant defense of Braley.
    And we see how much those more expensive ticket prices have really helped keep season ticket numbers at a respectable level.

Aren't you the guy who posted that the Eskies charge $18 to sit in the endzone. TFC charges $15 at the low end zone and that's usually the most full section. The CFL in general, not just the Argos better be concerned with outpricing their fan base. It's one thing to create a value for your product, but another to overcharge where attendance has fallen and attendance has fallen in some western markets where the attendance average was the most stable. Edmonton, Winnipeg and British Columbia are all down from last year. The Bombers are hosting the Grey Cup despite a below avg team, the Eskimos are one of the best teams in the league and the Lions have the Toronto excuse of traffic congestion in a big city and playing under the shadow of the Canucks and even the Seahawks in nearby Seattle. Calgary may be down as well. Hamilton and Ottawa are near capacity, but capacity in those stadiums are below average for league attendance. When everybody sees the new stadiums and the novelty wears off, will fans pay upwards of $100 a seat to watch a team that has a total payroll of 5 million. Judging by that payroll, hard to justify ticket prices at Buffalo Bills levels or, Toronto Blue Jay and Toronto Raptor levels. Toronto Rock level and TFC level pricing or somewhere in between may be more comparable even though some on here may not believe so....food for thought.

The Grey Cup is still not sold out, so the league and Orridge have dropped the ball on that one. This is publicity the league does not need because they've overcharged this game. Prices are 40% higher than what they were in Toronto a mere 3 years ago for attending a Grey Cup game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    And we see how much those more expensive ticket prices have really helped keep season ticket numbers at a respectable level.

Aren't you the guy who posted that the Eskies charge $18 to sit in the endzone. TFC charges $15 at the low end zone and that's usually the most full section. The CFL in general, not just the Argos better be concerned with outpricing their fan base. It's one thing to create a value for your product, but another to overcharge where attendance has fallen and attendance has fallen in some western markets where the attendance average was the most stable. Edmonton, Winnipeg and British Columbia are all down from last year. The Bombers are hosting the Grey Cup despite a below avg team, the Eskimos are one of the best teams in the league and the Lions have the Toronto excuse of traffic congestion in a big city and playing under the shadow of the Canucks and even the Seahawks in nearby Seattle. Calgary may be down as well. Hamilton and Ottawa are near capacity, but capacity in those stadiums are below average for league attendance. When everybody sees the new stadiums and the novelty wears off, will fans pay upwards of $100 a seat to watch a team that has a total payroll of 5 million. Judging by that payroll, hard to justify ticket prices at Buffalo Bills levels or, Toronto Blue Jay and Toronto Raptor levels. Toronto Rock level and TFC level pricing or somewhere in between may be more comparable even though some on here may not believe so....food for thought.

The Grey Cup is still not sold out, so the league and Orridge have dropped the ball on that one. This is publicity the league does not need because they've overcharged this game. Prices are 40% higher than what they were in Toronto a mere 3 years ago for attending a Grey Cup game.
    I think you misunderstood my point. I agree that tickets are overpriced for the Argos. But if you follow this posters posts, he is the biggest Braley defender there is. IMO, he's setting a seed to come back and trash the new owners once the actual price structure is established.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Does that mean that Simmons and Naylor will also be wearing skirts?

Simmons will be wearing his outside of the bedroom for the 1st time. Go Steve! i kid

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I went to a BC Lions game last night and bought scalper tickets with a face value of $66 for $25 each for the 20 yard line because as soon as we talked to one scalper, two others showed up and we drove the price down. This tells you how bad it has become with regard to Lions attendance and how overpriced tickets are.

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I went to a BC Lions game last night and bought scalper tickets with a face value of $66 for $25 each for the 20 yard line because as soon as we talked to one scalper, two others showed up and we drove the price down. This tells you how bad it has become with regard to Lions attendance and how overpriced tickets are.
    I've never understood scalpers, especially in poor markets.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post

My brother in Vancouver has BC lions season tix. His are 51-yard line (not club, just ordinary). he has had them for 15yrs, he sells half the games for various reasons. He says he usually get $100+ for them. He pays mid-70s and single game is $90. The spread guarantees him to make money every game. He says he has never sold under face value except for preseason games where he gets $30. Most he gets $120-$150 for saskatchewan. Basically all the $90 are sold-out to season ticket holders so they are hard to get (i think the $90 seats are between the 10s)
    The seats the lions can't sell is all the cheap end zone seats for $35. Traffic is so bad in Vancouver, he says those people can just watch the game on TV. His views is selling out the $90 seats guarantees braley a profit before the season starts to he doesn't really care if he sells the cheap seats.

FYI: $66 seats are corners ... scalpers are stupid if they are buying non-prime seats anyone could buy on ticket master

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    My brother in Vancouver has BC lions season tix. His are 51-yard line (not club, just ordinary). he has had them for 15yrs, he sells half the games for various reasons. He says he usually get $100+ for them. He pays mid-70s and single game is $90. The spread guarantees him to make money every game. He says he has never sold under face value except for preseason games where he gets $30. Most he gets $120-$150 for saskatchewan. Basically all the $90 are sold-out to season ticket holders so they are hard to get (i think the $90 seats are between the 10s)
    The seats the lions can't sell is all the cheap end zone seats for $35. Traffic is so bad in Vancouver, he says those people can just watch the game on TV. His views is selling out the $90 seats guarantees braley a profit before the season starts to he doesn't really care if he sells the cheap seats.

FYI: $66 seats are corners ... scalpers are stupid if they are buying non-prime seats anyone could buy on ticket master

I'm sure it's similar to Toronto, where scalpers are paying about $10 per ticket and selling them for 20-25.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    They actually enjoy it, why else would they do it for these events? They use lower demand events as PR so they could make their contacts and clean up during high demand events. They'll take a loss on a low end ticket, because they get all that and more when they sell high end demand events that are sold out at a 100-400% markup. Remember it's all cash transaction when it's done near the stadium so it most likely won't be taxed also, that's a huge upside, opposed to selling on net where they may operate with a licensed business number and may require at least some reporting of 3rd party sales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    They're all scumbags based on my experience.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    They actually enjoy it, why else would they do it for these events? They use lower demand events as PR so they could make their contacts and clean up during high demand events. They'll take a loss on a low end ticket, because they get all that and more when they sell high end demand events that are sold out at a 100-400% markup. Remember it's all cash transaction when it's done near the stadium so it most likely won't be taxed also, that's a huge upside, opposed to selling on net where they may operate with a licensed business number and may require at least some reporting of 3rd party sales.
    And yet they all dress and groom as if they are taking a huge loss.

Agreed with Argolio...they are the scum of the earth.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    And yet they all dress and groom as if they are taking a huge loss.

Agreed with Argolio...they are the scum of the earth.
    You know I used think that also, but really they're providing a service. Even teams unofficially use them to judge how expensive they could even charge for their tickets based on rumoured prices on what scalpers or as they call them, ticket speculators, can get.

No one puts a gun to your head forcing you to go through them. If they buy tickets that you'd like to have, that's unfortunate...but it's a supply and demand market system based on bartering which is rather natural, and been going on forever. If it's a high demand game where demand exceeds supply, then they make big money. If supply exceeds demands then they don't make as much money, or are even forced to eat the cost of those tickets. It's really not that sinister as you make it out to be.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Surprised that Argos new management hasn't bothered to try to get anything started this year with getting some attention or hype towards next season. I think they are missing another fine oppurtinuty of trying to sell season tickets for next year by not trying to include this game on Saturday as anyone who buys a season ticket or who put a deposit for seasons next year that they would get a pair of free tickets for the game. I know that they don't own the team tell January but why not get the ball rolling we need these new owners to be able to negotiate and get things done not the crap what the current owners/management do of sitting around and making up excuses for everything. Even the crappy owners of ml$e figured it out a couple of years ago when tfc were doing there crap they gave every season ticket holder a free ticket and a free bus ride to Montreal for there home opener. I don't understand why no one even tries doing something like this for even the good of the cfl. There aren't going to be more then 3,500 fans there on Saturday why not try to fill the place up and lose the embarrassment to what it is going to be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    There aren't going to be more then 3,500 fans there on Saturday why not try to fill the place up and lose the embarrassment to what it is going to be.
    Beleive it or not, the best scenario may be at THF in Hamilton. As much as we kid around, Hamilton is a good football town, and Burlington in Halton, makes the Hamilton-Wentworth and Halton area as good a football area as any in Canada. I'd be worried about 3,500 being at the dome on Saturday as fans have no idea whether the game will take place there. Hamilton area fans that are neutrals would probably go to THF if it's a decent day, just to even boo the Argos.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Surprised that Argos new management hasn't bothered to try to get anything started this year with getting some attention or hype towards next season.
    http://argosatbmofield.ca/

Even the crappy owners of ml$e figured it out a couple of years ago when tfc were doing there crap they gave every season ticket holder a free ticket and a free bus ride to Montreal for there home opener.
    Not entirely true. Free tickets were issued to all season ticket holders that wanted them but only 2 buses were provided by the team and it was a lottery to get on the bus. The rest had to find their own way there and back.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Not entirely true. Free tickets were issued to all season ticket holders that wanted them but only 2 buses were provided by the team and it was a lottery to get on the bus. The rest had to find their own way there and back.
    I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways the Argo fan base that has been at Hamilton for games has been pathetic don't understand why no one bothers to put some energy and time to bring some bus loads down to hamitlon for games and start to get more interest for these games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways the Argo fan base that has been at Hamilton for games has been pathetic don't understand why no one bothers to put some energy and time to bring some bus loads down to hamitlon for games and start to get more interest for these games.
    Go ahead and organize one then. What are you waiting for? Let us know how it goes. (You'll be personally liable for the bus payment if you can't manage to fill up the bus, or if people tell you they're coming and don't show. Organizing buses is rarely fun.)

While you're at it, you might talk to people who already organize Argo fan buses to Ticat games. http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.com/trip.html
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Go ahead and organize one then. What are you waiting for? Let us know how it goes. (You'll be personally liable for the bus payment if you can't manage to fill up the bus, or if people tell you they're coming and don't show. Organizing buses is rarely fun.)

While you're at it, you might talk to people who already organize Argo fan buses to Ticat games. http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.com/trip.html
    I hear Rudge could be driving Rocket's bus.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post

Far be it from me to agree with Rocket, but the Argos really should have tried to do something about shuttle buses at least for ST holders from Toronto to Hamilton. It would at least then appear that they care about their most loyal of customers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I hear Rudge could be driving Rocket's bus.
    Then Rudge presses a button and Rocket's ejector seat flies into Hamilton Harbour.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Far be it from me to agree with Rocket, but the Argos really should have tried to do something about shuttle buses at least for ST holders from Toronto to Hamilton. It would at least then appear that they care about their most loyal of customers.
    That would actually require some foresight, which is sadly lacking with the current regime.