Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
And enough ticket buyers and corporate support. Not too much to ask.

Ottawa is twice as big as Halifax and has some head offices. And a stadium.

As I have asked before, where will Halifax get $150M-200M for a stadium? Much less whether or not it has a big enough population and enough corporations to support a team. I'd love it but I don't expect to see it happen in my lifetime.

I already suggested where the money could possibly come from - federal, provincial and municipal govts. + some rich local investors and businessmen (see Ottawa & OSEG) + the myopic cheapskate flints who run the CFL put together 10 million or so as a sign they are willing to contribute and get the ball rolling. But no - that is just impossible is it? - nice dream though.

Ever heard of the Saskatchewan Rough Riders ? - you know - the team that makes the most money, has SRO crowds and outdraws the biggest demographic in the league team and it's feeble fan base by miles, and, has the most widespread fan base and sells the most mechandise in the entire CFL ? Yep - that demographic in Regina couldn't possibly support a CFL team. People travel from all over the province to support the Green Riders. I'd bet there is a chance people could come from all over Atlantic Canada - Moncton, Saint John & other parts of New Brunswick, PEI, even some from football mad Quebec City area - to join with Nova Scotians to support a CFL team that might mean a lot to an entire region.

I'd love it to happen too, but am not as supportive of the excuses for it not to happen.