Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
being over a week into the new year, hopefully it's a bit late for Osh to move on... but the fact that he has been talking to Hamilton and that Kavis Reed needs a man to step in for Stubler has me concerned.

he's a quality coach with a bright future and i'm not sure how much longer we can keep him if we don't have any larger role for him than ST coordinator. perhaps if we're lucky enough to have him for 2012 and he then decides to accept a position elsewhere to further his career, JJ or Crawford could be groomed for the spot? i don't know if either ever wanted to coach but they've both been ST standouts for years.

it will suck having to change my signature when that day comes...
I too, hope Mike O'Shea stays with the Argos. There were players who epitomized professionalism, and there were players who epitomized ferocity, but only Mike O'Shea, epitomized Professional Ferocity. He killed everyone on the field, while playing within the rules. I hope, that someone in Management says to Mr. O'Shea: "You're welcome to be an Argonaut, for as long as you want to be."

I certainly wouldn't begrudge ST Coach O'Shea if he took a spot elsewhere, to gain some and more experience, and I certainly wish our present new Coaches and Team the best of luck, but I hope that Mike O'Shea isn't in any rush; another year or two as Special Teams Coach will not only allow him to refine (and possibly re-define) the role of the ST Coach, but it would also give him more of an inside feel, of ALL of the inner workings of Coaching and Management, so that he will be, in a few years, ready to step into ANY Coaching position, on ANY team in this League, and do well....
I hope, inside my heart, that Mike O'Shea is an Argo forever.
Hopefully, inside his heart, he feels the same way too.
Nothing wrong with a bit of "outside-team" whoring, do get more experience,
but I hope he eventually comes home, and eventually leads this team.

The stars have, for over five thousand years,

been lining up, for his grand invincibility....

Ka' Pla !