Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Really? - the Esks have the way better D at this point IMO; and that combined with Shaw out-kicking Pre was the difference IMO.

Very solid, entertaining game IMO - love to see a close game that goes down to the wire.

Argos' O needs a rethink after even one game IMO - get wayyyyyyyyy more run game going and throw the ball down field more - sick of dink & dunk same old CFL offence look - not sure Millanovich would agree though; O-line held up decent - especially OTs; interior 3 was weak (Gagne-Marcoux got back in some 2nd half; give St-Pierre a shot at C). D looks kinda iffy IMO; boy - good thing this Ball guy was at OLB over playing Eiben there - frickin' laughable; Summers one bright spot along with the great pick by Younger.
    I thought that the Toronto defence looked pretty good, especially with nine new starters. Ball had some problems with offside penalties but looks promising. It isn't like Eiben had a great game for the Ticats last night either, OV. When I say that we gave away the game, we took far too many penalties that the Esks did not force like numerous offsides and a too many men on the field penalty and you can't miss two short field goals like Prefontaine did. We threw away five points there alone and lost only by four. On top of that, Owens missed a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone that should have been a TD (Prefontaine missed one of his short FG attempts two plays later). This was a game for the taking and we blew it. The only consolation at this point is that Hamilton and Winnipeg also have lost this weekend. We have to win games starting next week though. I have never subscribed to the baloney about the season not really starting until after Labour Day. You need to win games early on in the season, in the middle of the season and at the end of the season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    disagree. they bought enough time to creating something almost every play...

some pundits were expecting them to be a cluster-f... for a brand new line, in their first game together, on slippery grass, i wasn't discouraged by them.
    Well I agree to disagree. I didn't think they were a cluster-f, but from what I saw they didn't give Ray enough time on many plays. I will add, I don't think they were the sole reason for the loss, penalties (some OL however) and missed catches and Field Goals were also to blame, I think they had a fairly major role in the loss. I don't blame them much since they are basically new though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    Boyd had 10 catches tonight for 8 yards... Why?
    Because we had him doing some stupid, run 2 yards to the side and catch the ball standing still thing. It totally takes away Boyds ability to run with speed and power if he already has someone on him before he can start moving

He's not a reciever he's a running back I mean come on...
    He can be an effective receiver if you put him in space which the Argos failed to do tonight. They have the right idea about using him as a receiver in addition to being a running back though but they have to execute better.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    16 penalties.....that can be improved.
    2 missed field goals...... that will be improved.... Pre's percentage success is high so all future kicks will have to balanc out this game.
    O-Line .....for the running game needs to improve
    The problem is that the Esks D had the answer to the Argos plays..... which means other teams will also have the answer.
    Hopefully, Horne is fine....... and the D improves

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Who would have thought it wasn't Ray vs Jyles but Shaw vs Prefontaine. We won the first game last year and look how that season ended, I would rather lose in the beginning than at the end. At least we're all tied with 0 points.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    What was that ! Ray is suppost the second coming of Christ ! He looks like a
    chicken with his head cut off

Looks like Edmonton got
    the better of that trade with the kicking game and Jyles looked Great !!

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:

Level
    one thing i did notice is are receivers made those catches that all other teams made last year but us

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I thought Milanovich was preaching the NO PENALTY SHITE from day one of camp. This was a friggin joke. I've said that we've had way too many changes to even thing of being in Grey Cup 100. The TSN panel was talkning about Ray being comfortable by Labour Day. Holy Shite if that's the case we're last place in the friggin league.

Personally I think it could easily go either way for us. We could start to get it and improve or it could be a gong show like the first half and we could hit the skids bigtime. Way too many changes and it's like kindergarten for so many rookies learning the CFL game. As I said before we spent all this coin of Ray and expect him to lead us to the Grey Cup when we have such a lack of CFL experience.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Yah they put him out to dry. Man it looked horrible the way they used him. Get him the ball with ahead of steam so he can run people over not while standing still so they can grab him by his ankles and tacle him for squat.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I think the play book is too complexed, the coach has to simplfy is, players looked confused, causing way to many penalties. Owens had several drops, great wheels, but not a recieiver.
    Kicking game lost the game for Argos !!!

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    A lot of people are quick to blame the coach. I was listening to the radio after the ti-cat game and every single fan who called in complained about Cortez and his staff and not about the DBs failing to stop Dressler or the dropped passes by the receivers. I'm not targeting anyone but a coach can preach all he wants and its really down to the players at the end of the day. Pre missed a FG, Chad dropped one, Watts td called back has nothing to do with coaching. Once again i'm not replying to anyone, I'm just saying this because I'm tired of hearing fans off the forum complain about coaching.

I don't mind a screen or two but 10 catches? If its not working don't go back to it unless the recievers aren't open at all, its hard to see with TSN's camera view.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I thought Milanovich was preaching the NO PENALTY SHITE from day one of camp. This was a friggin joke. I've said that we've had way too many changes to even thing of being in Grey Cup 100. The TSN panel was talkning about Ray being comfortable by Labour Day. Holy Shite if that's the case we're last place in the friggin league.

Personally I think it could easily go either way for us. We could start to get it and improve or it could be a gong show like the first half and we could hit the skids bigtime. Way too many changes and it's like kindergarten for so many rookies learning the CFL game. As I said before we spent all this coin of Ray and expect him to lead us to the Grey Cup when we have such a lack of CFL experience.
    to me it really is an easy fix.our OC needs to realise his system worked with AC but may not with anyone else.under bad OC our run game worked mix it with with this offence and we could be unstopable

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe Milanovich needs to relinquish perhaps the OC duties to Maas so he can concentrate more on the HC responsibilities?

I sure hope the offensive scheme opens up in the coming weeks from the dinks and dunks mentality?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post

Looks like Edmonton got
    Ray was 31-41 for 302 yards...
    he lost but put up more offence than jyles
    he also rushed more yards than jyles too

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    Ray was 31-41 for 302 yards...
    he lost but put up more offence than jyles
    he also rushed more yards than jyles too
    Grant shaw was perfect kicking'

Prefontaine was brutal !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well, in a league were kicking is crucial, you cannot afford to miss two short attempts when trailing on the road. Pre has always had a tendancy to miss the easy ones then make a long one.
    That being said, penalties, penalties penalties. You can't give up the length of the field + in flags & expect to win. As for the defence, they allowed one touchdown, job well done. As for Ray, I think he will give this team a chance to win each time out.
    The new uniforms are nice too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I would say that the only pass in which Boyd was the primary receiver was on the TD. The rest were pure check downs, IMO related to poor protection from the o-line. I agree with Ravi, that they need to get him the ball in space more.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I don't mind a screen or two but 10 catches? If its not working don't go back to it unless the recievers aren't open at all, its hard to see with TSN's camera view.
    TSN does have room for improvement when it comes to camera view..perhaps it is where the camera bays are located in CFL stadiums.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

I turned on the game with 10:00 to go in the 2nd. I think I missed the worst of the Argos' play, so maybe that's why I thought it went ok.

For once, I don't think the Argos displayed any systematic problems. The penalties and dropped passes had the look of kinks that need to be ironed out, and if we stick to the game plan, hopefully will be by the time these games really start to matter.

Analysts were saying how much time the secondary would need to gel, but I thought they looked pretty good, or at least ahead-of-schedule.

From what I saw of Ricky, he looked good, all things considered. He and his receivers improved with each play, and he seemed able to find OPEN receivers (I can't remember the last time I saw open argonauts receivers!). I liked Owens' play (minus his dropped TD), but I hope he stays more of a role player on offense rather than an every-down receiver. We need him as a KR.

I'd like to see the DL improve, although I think it was the new guys I saw showing some good flashes.

Other posters have pointed out the problems on the O-line, and I agree that they didnt give Cory much to work with. Their play on the run must improve, plain and simple. Hopefully, as Ray builds more of a repoir with the receivers, it'll leave fewer defenders inside.

Overall, it could have been a lot worse, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post

Looks like Edmonton got
    I think Christ would have had trouble directing an efficient offence with those penalties tonight too...Ray looked better than Hank...way better