Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    People posting here should feel free to speak their mind, whatever they think about anything germane to the Argonauts.

Otherwise, what's the effective agenda... drive down the number of posters from not all that far north of a dozen to just about three?
    exactly!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Another game to forget for the Argos. Maybe they will play better in cooler weather and Ricky Ray back behind center. I sure hope so. Kilgore sure hasn't done anything to get me excited. As I have said before, Collaros and Harris both showed something of what they could become in their early first starts, and I don't see that with Kilgore.
    Fajardo seems to have some adlibe excitement in him. Edmonton defense may have been playing a little vanilla by that time, but I think Fajardo will be the better QB in time.
    I don't know how long Gurley is out for but the Argos sure miss him as a deep threat. Don't know why Milanovich held Noel out once the game was out of reach, he is only going to get better by playing, and there was no way the Argos were coming back with that kind of Qarterbacking that was on display today. Noel reminds me of former Ottawa Rough Rider and Cleveland Browns Star RB Bo Scott out of Ohio State. About the same size and runs like Bo, also I think he is going to have the knack of getting separation on passing routes. Don't see too much of that with the current group.

Speaking of the crowd, my hat was off to the fans that sat on the East side. I think one could probably cook eggs on those little plastic seats today. Even if I would have had seasons on the East side I would have bailed in this weather. Hey, if the Argos can mail it in, in this weather, why not the East Siders lol.
    I still liked my 200 level seat in the Sky Dome better than my West Side 200 level seat in BMO. But the fact that the TFC's and Dave Miller are upset, makes it all worth while.

Can't blame 1argoholic for not making the trek in from Dummer either. Got to be about 2 1/2 hours each way by traveling to the Oshawa GO on in to the Ex. I think he has paid his dues, as the saying goes, even if he can't remember being at some of those games he attended.

Hopefully when the weather cools down the lower East side will be a more comfortable (not the seats) place to watch a game from.

My other 2 cents advice for Scott Milanovich. Why isn't Lemon starting over Hickman. Maybe it's time Robertson should give Hall a few games off at DT. Both Hall and Hickman have been a bit of a disappointment for me. Should we start giving Durie a new nick name "Decoy". (maybe they're saving him for October). Still a weak spot on the O-Line IMO but with all the injuries to starting Canadians I guess it can't be helped right now.
    Don't think Coombes is ever going to be much good as a replacement for Durie down the road, or now for that matter. He could maybe be a deep threat playing the wide side receiver. And Scott, the way this team is playing for you right now, you are lucky a John Bassett or a George Steinbrenner isn't the owner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The D wasn't very good but the offense was terrible. Way too many two and outs meant the D was being worn down and Reilly took advantage of it. In Ottawa, Kilgore played an average game but was given the win by outstanding place kicking. Since then it has been downhill, with tonight's game a QB's nightmare--7 yds passing in 1st quarter and 41yds and 2 interceptions, when pulled late in 3rd. Receivers were open but he under threw them, over threw them or didn't see them. At times there was confusion where receivers were to line up--for that blame the coaching
    Fajardo's passing wasn't much better but he brings the added dimension of being able to extend the play through his legs. Of the two, he appears to have the most potential. Don't know what his injury was after his brilliant TD run but he didn't look happy walking back to the bench.

The D line has to bring more consistent pressure on the QB but not sure if it is lack of talent or the play calling. Most of the time it was 3 or 4 D linemen trying to beat 6 blockers. Only late in the game was there any blitzing. We still need a dangerous returner, Wylie was ineffective.

On the positive side, McFadden seemed to have a good game and linebackers all played well. Spencer was open many times and with a good QB he could be a game breaker. For whatever reason the O line was very effective when Fajardo entered the game. Whitaker ran very well when given the chance--over 100 yds rushing And oh yes ---the tailgating was good!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Highlight of the game for me: meeting Kate Beirness as I was heading to my seat.
    LOL!
    Well, I didn't do as well as you, but the highlight of the game for me was meeting Gary Lawless on the way to my seat.

I am definitely considering buying the south end cheap seats as my seasons next year.
    I don't need any better view (or expense) to watch the crap football that the Argos play at BMO.

This assumes I buy seasons next year at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I understand but seriously if you're not attending stop criticizing! People who live in glass houses...
    Free country, argoholic is a true blue fan and entitled to express his opinion.
    Many Argo fans can't attend games for various reasons (which are nobodies business but theirs) but can and should express their opinions.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    We live almost three hours away. I'm starting my landscape company over since a very expensive move back to Ontario. We tried with seasons the last two years but just can't do it. I'm not going lose my house over Argo football. I've had seasons for 22 years of my life. If I could I would.

Now back to yet another Kilgore pick. The guy does not get this game. He's now up to 10 in total. Shake your head Milo.
    Post away argoholic, you're entitled to your opinion.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    Of course they should... Just because you go to the game does not mean you are the only one that gets to discuss the team.

People watching on TV help to increase ad revenue, TV deals, news coverage etc. If people didn't watch on TV the CFL would fold by the end of the year.

By your logic you can never discuss TV ratings because you go to the game and don't watch it on TV.
    +1👍👍
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not going lose my house over Argo football.
    and you call yourself a fan?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Now that we have made sure that two of our Eastern rivals are looked after at QB for the foreseeable future it appears that our QB cupboard is bare at this point.
    Let's hope Ricky has another couple of years left in him or we're totally screwed.
    I'm sure Hamilton and Ottawa are pissing their pants laughing at the Argonauts plight at this point.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just horrible seeing 500 odd people if that on the side that the camera sees all game long. I'll say it once again, The owners have not done enough. Time to give seats away. There is no excuse. The owners thought that a outdoor stadium would have been enough. They were so wrong. Maybe the Argos have run their course. No one in the GTA seems to give a rats ass.
    I think the new ownership underestimated the apathy that exists in Southern Ontario towards the Argonauts, apparently the announcement of new ownership, move to BMO, tailgating hype wasn't enough to bring back the masses as expected.
    I have said many times this will not be a quick fix but TBH I am concerned over the attendance figures so far this season.
    New ownership, new venue, hosting the Grey Cup and 15k or so per game.......wow!!
    I think the new ownership group pushed the envelope in regards to ticket pricing and got away with it with some because it was the first year at BMO.
    The team's home performances so far at BMO have been pretty crappy (to be kind), what will year 2 bring attendance wise if this on field trend continues?
    People paid the premium ticket prices for year 1 at BMO with the promise of a "new fan experience", I'm wondering what renewals will be like moving forward?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe in the GTA, but i'm a couple of hours away and there has been nothing.

I just looked through my records and Brian Evans was the guy that would look after us for Argos tickets. He'd offer us promotions, send emails, phone calls, etc. He was also active on reading this forum, he'd talk to me about his thoughts on comments I had posted, etc. I even had an Argos account number.. Here's a sample of an email he had sent ". I know you were down to the game on June the 28th for our home opener. What a game that was with all the scoring and lead changes. The game went down to the last play and best of all the ARGOS WIN!!!!!! It was almost as fun as last years Grey Cup win."

I don't know if he's just no longer with the Argos or what but nobody from the Argos has contacted me. It's hard to imagine this ownership group wouldn't be looking at previous customers and say OK here's a guy that's been to over 20 games over the last 10 years. He hasn't been to a game yet this year, let's call him, let him know about the stadium, the new experience, etc. But hey at least they have ads up in bus shelters.
    So the Toronto Argonauts should target their marketing outside of the GTA?

Have you not seen any of the Argonauts TV commercials over the past few months?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Maybe you are to stupid to understand what I said... and that's that I don't care what you think. If I want to discuss the attendance I damn well will.
    First off if you have to resort to insults you've lost the debate.

Once again at no point did I say or suggest that anyone shouldn't discuss anything. I said stop complaining about attendance if you're not going to buy tickets to a game.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Now that we have made sure that two of our Eastern rivals are looked after at QB for the foreseeable future it appears that our QB cupboard is bare at this point.
    Let's hope Ricky has another couple of years left in him or we're totally screwed.
    I'm sure Hamilton and Ottawa are pissing their pants laughing at the Argonauts plight at this point.
    Zach put on a show tonight... the game against BC is going to be huge because with the way we are playing I don't see a win in either Hamilton game. They need to get things turned around and get ready for Hamilton. It's still early in the year but these next 3 games are huge for the Argos. I think the BC game is as close to a must win game as you can get at this point.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    First off if you have to resort to insults you've lost the debate.

Once again at no point did I say or suggest that anyone shouldn't discuss anything. I said stop complaining about attendance if you're not going to buy tickets to a game.
    First off, you actually are stupid... you are the one that resorted to an insult, which is why I responded the way I did.

it's hard to discuss poor attendance in a new stadium without it sounding like complaining lol.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    yup...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Neely a fan is a fan. I spent 40 years in Mississauga. I know how easy it is to get to games from there. I can't carry the torch at this point but I still have eyes and can see what isn't happening. It's not up to me to save the CFL in TO. I've never been one to look through rose coloured glasses and sugar coat. I know some people need to do that. I just have to look at the end of the couch to my wife who needs to look and think positively at everything. I'm not the problem with the lack of Argo attendance. It's the other few million GTAers who DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!! I don't need to trip all the way to BMO to not enjoy myself and take years off my life with stress. Screw that! This site is just about Argo fans pissed with other Argo fans which is basically F'ed.
    I never said otherwise. Just tired of people that don't go to games complaining about attendance. That's it, that's all.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    So the Toronto Argonauts should target their marketing outside of the GTA?

Have you not seen any of the Argonauts TV commercials over the past few months?
    Not a single Argo commercial.. I've seen TSN advertising lots of games.

I'm not saying the Argos should target marking outside of the GTA... I am saying they shouldn't ignore it. They get a list from ticketmaster of every single person that buys tickets to an Argos game. They have all of the contact information they need to market directly to those people and they don't do it.. and that's a huge mistake... In business you don't ignore the customers you've already got.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Can it you too!

Judging a person by whether he or she is physically in attendance is stupid and irrelevant. 1argoholic has made it clear why he cannot attend games and I take it at his word.

As for the game, the Argos got the shit kicked out of them (I'm staying away from the "we" here) and I'm sitting there like a fucking idiot watching this debacle for sixty minutes. This defence that was all of a sudden coming around has regressed in the past few weeks badly not to mention the abomination that is Logan Kilgore.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    yup...
    It wasn't an insult, it was a query. Hence the word "perhaps".

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I never said otherwise. Just tired of people that don't go to games complaining about attendance. That's it, that's all.
    But, 1argoholic does not live in the GTA. I know some people drive long distances for games, but it isn't practical for all.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022