Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    The RedBlacks decision to start Harris this week is another example of the tone of the new franchise. Watching the RedBlacks vs. the Argos for 3 years now, I can't help but admire the teams willingness to take chances. For me the current Argos lack excitement. The don't take chances, and their willingness to go down with a conservative approach doesn't generate fan support. Ottawa has generated a rabid fan base quickly in a city where most assumed the CFL was dead. Bodes well for the future of the Argos when the franchise get it right!

By the way, Trevor Harris sure looks smart in his decision right now. Milanovich and Barker were always keeping his team for Ricky Ray and most certainly sink or swim with that decision. Trevor would have played a lot this year for the Argos but knowing Ricky was always coming back. Ottawa is now his team to lose.

What a concept by coach Campbell who is looking to win with the best player instead of worrying about some Hall of Fame status and afraid to bench an aging over the hill QB.
    Hold on a second, that happened here twice in two years!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    The RedBlacks decision to start Harris this week is another example of the tone of the new franchise. Watching the RedBlacks vs. the Argos for 3 years now, I can't help but admire the teams willingness to take chances. For me the current Argos lack excitement. The don't take chances, and their willingness to go down with a conservative approach doesn't generate fan support. Ottawa has generated a rabid fan base quickly in a city where most assumed the CFL was dead. Bodes well for the future of the Argos when the franchise get it right!

By the way, Trevor Harris sure looks smart in his decision right now. Milanovich and Barker were always keeping his team for Ricky Ray and most certainly sink or swim with that decision. Trevor would have played a lot this year for the Argos but knowing Ricky was always coming back. Ottawa is now his team to lose.
    Then you must be very happy with Kilgore as our starting quarterback!

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    What a concept by coach Campbell who is looking to win with the best player instead of worrying about some Hall of Fame status and afraid to bench an aging over the hill QB.
    The thing is Burris can play his way to the bench with many poor performances. Ray hasn't really ever stunk up the joint to Burris' level. Harris has yet to play as poorly as Burris this season.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    The thing is Burris can play his way to the bench with many poor performances. Ray hasn't really ever stunk up the joint to Burris' level. Harris has yet to play as poorly as Burris this season.

Not true.
    Ray has had many poor games.
    Do you remember last year when he was injured then played a partial game the last game of the season and did really nothing.
    Next thing we know Milanovich announces Ray was starting the East semi against the Cats over Harris who got us there.
    As it turns out Milanovich even admitted how Ray was still not recovered from his shoulder injury.
    Ray was horrible and Massoli had a great game beating the HOF aging QB.
    The coach should have been fired for that horrible decision, unlike this week when coach Campbell with the RB just announced Harris is starting over Burris, was not putting his best player in with giving the team the best chance to win.
    That farce of a decision was the death knell and a slap in the face of Harris who left as a FA.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not true.
    Do you remember last year when he was injured then played a partial game the last game of the season and did really nothing.
    Next thing we know Milanovich announces Ray was starting the East semi against the Cats over Harris who got us there.
    As it turns out Milanovich even admitted how Ray was still not recovered from his shoulder injury.
    The coach should have been fired for that horrible decision, unlike this week when coach Campbell with the RB just announced Harris is starting over Burris, was not putting his best player in with giving the team the best chance to win.
    That farce of a decision was the death knell and a slap in the face of Harris who left as a FA.
    And did you watch Harris' play leading up to when Ray came back? The Harris-Burris situation is different. Harris has been pretty good, while Burris is known to be inconsistent.

You can't tell me Ray has ever been worse than "Bad Hank". But what do I know? I'm not a great football talent evaluator.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    And by your assessment of the situation I'd have to agree that the Argos are spinning their wheels. They say that if you're not progressing, you're regressing. It may be time for Milo to step down at the end of the season if the Argos miss or get knocked out of the playoffs early. How many players have tuned Milo out? We don't know for sure but a .500 team is usually suspect of a coach that is being tuned out.
    So they have tuned out Kent Austin in Hamilton and Mike O'Shea in Winnipeg?
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Not true.
    Can we not re-invent history here? Masoli was, at best, okay. Ray wasn't outstanding but he played well enough to win. Of course, a key drop late in the game by Chad Owens didn't help his cause.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Can we not re-invent history here? Masoli was, at best, okay. Ray wasn't outstanding but he played well enough to win. Of course, a key drop late in the game by Chad Owens didn't help his cause.
    Yes, and the Argos were also hampered by a fallen cornerback, a missed FG, two receivers colliding at the goal-line, etc. Masoli did not beat Ray. The Argos lost to the Ticats.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Back from vacation. Unfortunately I did not miss much at BMO field the last 2 games. I am looking forward to the next game and the CNE. Listening to Michael Copeland today it sounds like the expectations were the CNE would help attendance. The prices are probably too high. The team should be discounting the seats during CNE because people are already spending heavily that day. Likewise for us STH an arrangement could have been made to keep us at the CNE with discounts of some kind or an in stadium concert of some type. Some out of the box thinking. It is now clear having games during the EX does zero on its own to add fans. It is good to hear Copeland admit this.

As for the team IMO we cannot fire our coach and/or the GM in season. That would seal the teams fate I believe. They have earned the opportunity to fight their way to the finish and in the better environment the team finds itself. Having said that, their 4-4 record does not as constituted reflect them being better than any team other than Saskatchewan at present as they have lost to all of the other 4-4 teams at home. I thought the defence was going to be the strength of this team and I see injuries and some quit happening that is unacceptable. Ray needs to finish the season with an all star performance and leaders need to emerge and take ownership of this team. I'm sure the GM is looking for fill ins if needed and I hope with a healthy offence that the playbook can become more dynamic. They have to design plays to get the ball out quickly yo their play makers and generate a high tempo offence.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ray had people in Edmonton including fans thinking he was done. He surely has had to fight an uphill battle all his life at qb but he proves everyone wrong. He'll be in the Hall and still may win another Grey Cup. He's a very smart player and a great teammate it's hard to turn your back on that. I'm glad he's our qb. It's a team game and other then obvious issues with certain players (Kilgore) you win and lose as a team. Kilgore just doesn't get it.

Collaros and Harris have won nothing!!!! How many cups have they won?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    One day Kilgore is gonna make all the haters eat their words as he watches them kiss his ring.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Back from vacation. Unfortunately I did not miss much at BMO field the last 2 games. I am looking forward to the next game and the CNE. Listening to Michael Copeland today it sounds like the expectations were the CNE would help attendance. The prices are probably too high. The team should be discounting the seats during CNE because people are already spending heavily that day. Likewise for us STH an arrangement could have been made to keep us at the CNE with discounts of some kind or an in stadium concert of some type. Some out of the box thinking. It is now clear having games during the EX does zero on its own to add fans. It is good to hear Copeland admit this.
    To those who went to the game. Were there Argos ticket booths set up outside the gates to the Ex?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    1971GreyCup you mailed it with line about not taking chances and being overly conservative.
    It's tough because when they get more aggressive (like with Kilgore gunslinging) the fans here give the team crap for not doing check down's and being more conservative.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Good gunslingers hit their targets, Kilgore is SHITE!! I had hope after the Ottawa game but even those tipped passes that got picked off foreshadowed what was to come. We've had some horrible qb's in this league and right now Kilgore tops the list. I can't understand the love in on this site for CRAP qb's. To me Bishop was one step, only one above Kilgore and yet he was loved by fans. The guy was a stiff. Yet a sure hall of fame qb that has won us a cup gets crapped all over. I wonder if I'm watching the same league as you guys? Does anyone on here like Flutie or Dunnigan and what they did for the Double Blue? Or were they not mediocre enough to like?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    My wife and I arrived around noon and took advantage of free Ex admission ($36 total value). That seems like enough discount to spend a day at the Ex and then go to the game. It should have helped attendance. We were excited to go. The Argonauts do not have a large enough following to draw from (at this time), it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    To those who went to the game. Were there Argos ticket booths set up outside the gates to the Ex?
    No, but they did just inside the Gates. Which doesn't really capitalize on free CNE admission. They were giving away a free Argos T-shirt with a ticket though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well 3 years to be accurate. But accuracy likely isn't a strong suit.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    My wife and I arrived around noon and took advantage of free Ex admission ($36 total value). That seems like enough discount to spend a day at the Ex and then go to the game. It should have helped attendance. We were excited to go. The Argonauts do not have a large enough following to draw from (at this time), it's that simple.

No, but they did just inside the Gates. Which doesn't really capitalize on free CNE admission. They were giving away a free Argos T-shirt with a ticket though.
    Free T Shirts? Not if you came through the gate from the Ontario Place Tailgate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Free T Shirts? Not if you came through the gate from the Ontario Place Tailgate.
    Sorry, you had to buy one of the tickets they were offering to get the shirt. Funny you mentioned it though as I saw a few people thinking they were entitled to t shirt with their ticket and being upset they couldn't have one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Is making another QB move – especially if Ray gets hurt again – a panic move, though?

I mean if Barker thinks he's going to get fired if we miss the playoffs, why would he not make any move and stick with what we have if it is not keeping the team competitive?
    No, they will simply sink or swim with who they currently have in their system.
    Doubt any improvements at QB are currently available.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Sorry, you had to buy one of the tickets they were offering to get the shirt. Funny you mentioned it though as I saw a few people thinking they were entitled to t shirt with their ticket and being upset they couldn't have one.
    Lol figures, just another example of Michael Copeland not coming through on his words about taking care of season ticket holders.