Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Game over, season over! Clean house immediately and give whatever fan base that still exists some hope for next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Why didn't Milanovich have Hajrallahu come out for the field goal on 3rd and 5 from the 27...It would've been a 35 yd FG...WTF, is that supposed to be impossible, even against the wind which doesn't look harsh it would put the Argos within 7 at 22-15.

This guy Milanovich is friggin idiot for going for it on 3rd down. Does he have that much mistrust for his defence, it's the only thing I could come up with for why he would make such a stupid call to go for it on 3rd down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Turn for the ball after the first down marker..not before....
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoTD View Post
    The QB's may change but the same stupid system remains the same - 2nd down and 6 so let's throw it to a guy only 4 yards down field and get tackled right away.
    I've been saying this all season.

2nd and whatever, the Argos play call is almost always to throw 2 or 3 yards and pray that the receiver can break a tackle to pick up the necessary yards. Rarely happens.
    Why do you think the Argos QBs have such impressive completion percentages, yet the offence is so low scoring?

Short throw, quick tackle, two and out.
    Rinse and repeat.
    What is that definition of insanity again? Using the same tactic and expecting a different outcome?

I have withheld judgement on the management so far this season, but I am now in the camp that at least Milanovich and Brady have to go at season end. Not sure about Barker at the moment.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I've been saying this all season.

2nd and whatever, the Argos play call is almost always to throw 2 or 3 yards and pray that the receiver can break a tackle to pick up the necessary yards. Rarely happens.
    Why do you think the Argos QBs have such impressive completion percentages, yet the offence is so low scoring?

Short throw, quick tackle, two and out.
    Rinse and repeat.
    What is that definition of insanity again? Using the same tactic and expecting a different outcome?

I have withheld judgement on the management so far this season, but I am now in the camp that at least Milanovich and Brady have to go at season end. Not sure about Barker at the moment.
    I believe Barker needs to go as well.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So that wasn't pass interference on them but almost exactly the same thing was pass interference on us.

The inconsistency in officiating is killing the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Keep Willy in for the balance of the season, he made some nice throws tonight.
    Argo recievers can't seem to get open deep thus the check downs.
    Nice loss to an Ottawa team that didn't exactly look to shit hot as well.
    Argo D played a decent game tonight.
    Argos have zero return game.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So that wasn't pass interference on them but almost exactly the same thing was pass interference on us.

I hate criticizing the officials, and they had nothing to do with us losing this game, but you are right -- the horrendous inconsistency has been evident all season long. And the stupid challenges have got to go. I'm at the point where I'd eliminate challenges altogether. They just suck all the life out of the games.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Milanovich playbook - priority number one, look for the check-down!
    That is false by definition. Our offense isn't working (in part because of musical chairs at QB), but the check-down target is by definition a secondary option.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Game over, season over! Clean house immediately and give whatever fan base that still exists some hope for next year.
    I'm not a big beleiver in changing coaches midway through a season, but this guy has lost the team, and just as importantly, he's lost the fans with his stupid playcalling...Get this friggin drunk outta here, the guy can't call plays properly, he can't sell the game with his drab personality, he can't give damn straight answers in an interview meant to promote the Argos. Looking at his decision making, you know he was no math major.

A guy as secretive as Milanovich should be working in the CIA and not coaching a football team that needs to be promoted in the marketplace, and that's as complimentary as I can get about this guy. This guy is no offensive genius

Attachment 801

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    He didn't play great, obviously, but at least Willy can throw a hard pass fairly accurately. I don't think LeFevour had a single easily catchable pass in the first half, and some of them were beyond ugly. He can run and could be a good change-of-pace backup, but there's a reason he hasn't won a starting spot in five CFL seasons. It was a tremendously inspiring story when he led us to victory two weeks ago, but he can't throw. I'm sure Willy gets the start next week, and with it the starters' reps.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I almost think SM and JB feel the noose around the neck??
    Stinks of desperation. They completely screw up on Harris/Ray last year.
    Pull the trade on Willy.
    Then put him in this game when he takes the 3rd qtr to even get warmed up. Let alone some questionable 3rd down gambles!!
    SM offence is constantly in the bottom of the league, so he should go at the end of the season.
    This year is done so use it to figure out next year.

And anyone who thinks Ray and his cement shoes and spaghetti arm is going to save the season....give me some of what you're smokin!!!!!

side note: I said keep Harris over Ray last year...but under SM offence I don't think it would make a big a difference.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Changes have to happen with this team and it starts with the GM and HC.Start now and work toward next year as this season is lost

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    He didn't play great, obviously, but at least Willy can throw a hard pass fairly accurately. I don't think LeFevour had a single easily catchable pass in the first half, and some of them were beyond ugly. He can run and could be a good change-of-pace backup, but there's a reason he hasn't won a starting spot in five CFL seasons. It was a tremendously inspiring story when he led us to victory two weeks ago, but he can't throw. I'm sure Willy gets the start next week, and with it the starters' reps.
    Let's not pretend Willy has a great arm, he doesn't exactly have a quick release. His throws come out like shotputs and stay in the air for quite a while, allowing defenders to adjust. If that TD pass to Elliott stayed in the air any longer, it would've become a hot-air ballon...maybe that's why his throws earlier in the summer with Winnipeg were so ineffective.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argos have stunk basically since Logan Kilgore threw that 2nd quarter interception against the Blue Bombers. None of the three facets of the team can play a consistent 60 minutes.

I'll fully admit that I thought any notion of firing Milanovich was asinine several months ago, but I am more or less convinced that he and Barker need to go. I realize there are excuses that extenuating circumstances that can be offered, but they are little more than .500 as GM and coach in almost five years (more for Barker) and I'm sorry something has got to give here.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I believe Barker needs to go as well.
    Argonauts are not a very good team, Willy did make some good throws tonight but Milanovich's O system fools no one at this point.
    Since Barker and Milanovich have apparently saved their jobs due to the Willy trade I honestly can't wait for more of the same mediocrity in 2017.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Another uninspiring loss.
    The D was ok, I guess as it only gave up one TD.
    The offense not much better.
    Dan was disappointing in the first half.
    Not sure I would have pulled him without giving him a set of downs in the opening third quarter, but Willy overall was nothing spectacular.
    Definitely a drop back passer like Ray, obviously throws a better ball then Dan.
    Still though other than the two downfield throws, way too many check downs just like Ray.
    I am not sold with this type of an offensive scheme with Willy and Ray as pure pocket passer.
    For me the roll out if properly executed like what Lefevour did in the first two games has a greater upside.
    The team is going nowhere right now and definitely cleaning house is required for the HC and GM at year end.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post

CFL officiating is vomit-inducing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Another uninspiring loss.
    The D was ok, I guess as it only gave up one TD.
    The offense not much better.
    Dan was disappointing in the first half.
    Not sure I would have pulled him without giving him a set of downs in the opening third quarter, but Willy overall was nothing spectacular.
    Definitely a drop back passer like Ray, obviously throws a better ball then Dan.
    Still though other than the two downfield throws, way too many check downs just like Ray.
    I am not sold with this type of an offensive scheme with Willy and Ray as pure pocket passer.
    For me the roll out if properly executed like what Lefevour did in the first two games has a greater upside.
    The team is going nowhere right now and definitely cleaning house is required for the HC and GM at year end.
    This season is going south. So how do you sell more tickets with the same coach coming back next year??

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    This season is going south. So how do you sell more tickets with the same coach coming back next year??
    Why are you asking argotom? He is definitely not in favor of retaining the coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argonauts are not a very good team, Willy did make some good throws tonight but Milanovich's O system fools no one at this point.
    Since Barker and Milanovich have apparently saved their jobs due to the Willy trade I honestly can't wait for more of the same mediocrity in 2017.
    Most unfortunately I have to agree: Milanovich and Barker will both be back next season. Oh, the thrill of it all.